Shell Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.3

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Behavioral questions. Interview is through phone, may take about one hour. Make sure prepare some common behavioral questions. They usually not change much. Be careful about the follow-up questions. It is gonna be a lot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Standardized and bureaucratic, generic questions, must provide past life examples to support answers. Doesn't seem to matter if they are only loosely related. Simply must have an answer and example for each question, answer quality doesn't seem too relevant

Interview Questions

• When did you take a leadership role within a team and what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, was invited for 1st and 2nd test, passed them and was invited for phone interview this is behavior based questions and the interviewer was very nice. But was not selected. overall it was a good experience, just be prepared and try to pass this test and you might be successful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Norman, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application in September, then had to do two assessment tests online. An issue I had was that I was never sent a confirmation email to schedule an interview. By the time I contacted Shell, in person interviews were already over. Instead I had to have a phone interview.

The interview itself is behavioral based. But be sure to be prepared for follow up questions on those behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to establish a connection in order to accomplish your goals   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer had no facial expressions. All behavioral questions, and they are focused primarily on how well you can take in new information and learn quickly on your feet. The portion at the end of the interview where you are allowed to ask questions does not affect your interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to work with someone who was very different from you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Got invited to schedule a phone interview after completing online assessments and a personality quiz. Took a long time to hear about the interview after completing the application. The phone interview lasted over an hour and was almost all behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to form a relationship with someone in order to solve a problem   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

I applied online after a representative presented the opportunity at my school. I was invited to take the test. Shortly after receiving notification that I passed I was contacted to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of behavorial questions. A couple days later I was offered the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Received call from shell personal at scheduled time. The questions were purely behavioral. I applied for the assessed internship for engineering and was interviewed by a geophysicist. There were no questions about my resume. At the end he stated that the interview portion was done and asked if I have any questions for him.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Had an on-campus behavioral interview which lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer asked questions about previous projects and work experience. Next, questions were asked about leadership experience and team work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would resolve a conflict between two members of a team you are leading?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The interview is a completely behavioral process. Definitely format your answers using STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) in order to effectively get your point across. The application online for the Assessed Internship is a general application to the internship where you'll input your preferences. You will also need to take two online assessments. They have practice assessments online that will familiarize you with the format.