Shell Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Shell

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was great, I was applying as a student intern for my senior year of high school. They brought us out to the site and provided us lunch. We got to network and meet supervisors and other employees that were willing to provide us an insight of what it would be like to work for Shell. Everything was done in an orderly manner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase because we were students and the contract was fixed with our school.

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

1. online process (including math, need practice)
    2. campus on site interview, basically behavioral questions.
    3. match your group with your research background
    interview is at October , and they will match the job till February
    Passed it doesn't mean that you will get the offer

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of what did you do when your group have different idea?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Behavioral questions. Interview is through phone, may take about one hour. Make sure prepare some common behavioral questions. They usually not change much. Be careful about the follow-up questions. It is gonna be a lot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, with numerical and behavior tests, which are very difficult but time-consuming. Days later, I got a phone interview by HR, and dealt with behavior questions for 1 hour. Several months later, I got additional notification, and had a phone talk with the team manager. Yet didn't get the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell in August 2014.

Interview

First, you will be asked to fill out an online personality test. If you pass that (surprisingly, quite a few people don't) then you will be allowed to take the online case. The case is all about oil & gas, so it's good to do research and at least know the basics (what is upstream, downstream, pipelines, etc.) Once you pass that, then there is the in person interview which is all basic behavioral questions. I was not interviewed by someone in my field, so the questions were fairly broad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Norman, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application in September, then had to do two assessment tests online. An issue I had was that I was never sent a confirmation email to schedule an interview. By the time I contacted Shell, in person interviews were already over. Instead I had to have a phone interview.

The interview itself is behavioral based. But be sure to be prepared for follow up questions on those behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to establish a connection in order to accomplish your goals   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer had no facial expressions. All behavioral questions, and they are focused primarily on how well you can take in new information and learn quickly on your feet. The portion at the end of the interview where you are allowed to ask questions does not affect your interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to work with someone who was very different from you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Norman, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

Filled online application, two rounds of online tests, followed by a phone interview. There are a couple of sample tests that can be found online, just keep in mind what Shell values the most (teamwork, relationship, etc.). Phone interview was all competency questions, remember to prepare a lot if examples and follow STARR model. Also prepare a long list a questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you agree with someone's idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (College Station, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

They have a set time to ask the questions and cannot go over, which they inform you beforehand. You answer a packet of behavioral questions which all deal with how you handle situations. Overall the interviewer I had was friendly and the interview itself was very casual.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. About 2 weeks later I was emailed to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview was rescheduled 2 times due to the interviewer being busy. Wasn't a problem for me. Once I started my phone interview, I realized that he did not speak English very well. The tough part was understanding what he was asking, and getting him to understand some of the important things in my answers. Overall, I felt that he got annoyed when I asked him to repeat some questions. The interview was not hard at all, and it went by pretty quickly.