Shell Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.4

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Two online tests, followed by an in person interview, then an in person interview at Shell Recruitment Day. All in all pretty straightforward, really focus on their assessment. The 1:1 is all according to the books and everything is pretty much pre-planned out. Definitely prepare well for an assortment of questions involving specific things you have done in the past.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Very long day, heard they have made it longer with technical interview followed by case study and group interaction exersice

Interview Questions

• Case study is tight on time with presentation of your conclusions to two interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. You either want to work for Shell or don't. Very fair offer.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell in October 2012.

Interview

Online application on the shell website, followed by a phone interview lasting around 30min. The entire process took about 2 months, involving 2 or 3 successive emails from the HR telling us to wait and that the interview date will be confirmed in due time. Good thing is that you will be informed within 2 working days if you have been rejected after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, standard questions regarding your resume and scenario questions, like how you handled certain things. This is then followed by a case study type of question, which has been described many times on this website.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell (Chennai (India)).

Interview

The interview is a 3-step process.

1) Psychometric Tests: An online psychometric test (an elimination round) with generic questions like rate your leadership qualities on a scale of 0-5, how would others perceive you as a leader ? (0-5 scale answer) designed to test self-esteem (higher the better without being narcissistic) and stability of opinions (consistency in answering different questions seeking same answers is important).

2)A quant test (17 questions in 15 min, pretty complicated charts, calculator allowed), a decision making test (rate the action you would take in the following scenario on a scale of 0-5) and

an e-tray, (e-tray exercise is designed to simulate an email inbox flooding with mails, and you need to answer them. The answers will be MCQ type where you rate choices on 0-5 scale like decision making test. There will be one written type answer (be sure to answer it properly). You will have ~45 min to answer 15 questions, higher the appropriately answered questions the better. The context of the questions will be available in multiple folders in the e-tray software, so there will be a lot of back & forth for details (such as scheduling details, costs, etc).

3) Interviews: a) Case-study: 20 min will be provided to solve an individual case-study. Mine was a pipe-line planning case study, where I had to a) Select the optimal route for the pipeline b) Select the right technology of pipeline based on the information provided.
    There will be an information overload of random information. Generally, you will be judged based on how many sound criteria the selection/decision is made and how robust they are. Focus on safety, costs, feasibility, long-term and short-term advantages/disadvantages, company image and outlook, environmental impact etc. of your choices.

60 min presentation of case study where you will defend your choices and more question will be asked (see below).

b) Competency Based interview (60min): Focused on resume. Expect generic HR questions and detailed resume questions. Interview is leadership focused, not technically focused. Focus discussions on overall impact/target of resume point, the leadership skills involved.

In case of both interviews, the longer they go on, the better!

Interview Questions

• During my case study interview, I was asked how would I go on with my proposed pipeline scheme in case local population raises an objection.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

competency interview. interviewer was great, with a lot of enthusiasm and clear speech. she made everything clear so it was easy to follow. achievement and relationship questions - prepare for these. capacity is not tested. response within two weeks - havent heard back from them yet. I interned here before this so this was my best chance to get a job!

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you worked in constrating group of people   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Very hectic .Resume shortlisting , two psychometric rounds were conducted, one analytical round ,followed by telephonic interview, group discussion, self reflectory interview, HR interview.Impossible to predict what the recruiters are looking for.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell (Mumbai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

the lengthiest interview process I faced in life was with Shell. Initial 2 rounds of psychometric tests followed by resume screening. After these are done, Shell comes on the first day at IITs. The process is now face to face, starting with shell hearing, then an e-mail based test round to study analytical skill. On the next day, one hour long HR interview was followed by case study and GD.

Interview Questions

• A complete HR based questions were asked during the interview hour. One would face questions related to what they have done in life and what kind of responsibilities they have undertaken. Questions are meant in such a way that the person answers how he/she tackled things that came up in b/w.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Submitted CV online and took online tests including numerical reasoning and personality. Was contacted for interview within a few weeks, and the interview was scheduled for 2 months later.

The interview started with why I wanted to work for Shell. Then for around 30 minutes the questions were all competency based, with a lot of emphasis on providing examples. When answering these make it very clear what you did, not what a group did, and have lots of examples ready as they often wanted more than one.
    The main questions were examples of:
    - A time you had to work under pressure to achieve something
    - A time you have had to persuade people to do something a new way
    - A time you had a problem with a team member

Interview Questions

• I found most difficult providing examples of dealing with team members who did not work well.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

1) Psychometric Test - Test your mental stabililty
    2) Aptitude Test - Basic graphs and data interpretation questions
    3) Telephonic Interview - They focus on the use of 'I' rather than 'We' and ask questions on the CART structure. Be genuine here and only use real life experiences. Don't fabricate your own stories.
    4) SRD Interview

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

done with online assessment, and waiting for telephne interview. if you have time and want to save time you can go through the the cognitive sample questions which is been posted and mostly the same questions you get.

Interview Questions

• numericals in online assessment has to be prepared before giving it   Answer Question