Shell Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Project Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

4.0

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (New Orleans, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

I actually got a "thanks for your interest, but not right now" type of response when I first applied, then about 10 months later got an email out of the blue saying that they had my resume on file and had an opening for me. I always thought that was a nice way of putting your application in the shredder. Go figure.
Anyway, they do a 2 part online test to screen resumes, those are about 20 minutes long and about the same content as 15 or so SAT questions. Then you are contacted for a phone interview. If you pass that, they send you to Shell Recruitment Day (SRD) at one of their sites and you go through a full day of activities with a group of people (about 3-10 other college grads) and you are each rated 1-5. Some are conflict resolution problems, some are answering emails, some are you telling them how you develop an oil field in a fictional country. If your average score is above 3 you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were long, multi-part scenarios. "Tell me about a time...." then more specific questions about that experience. Some of them were pretty specific so it was a bit difficult to pick the right story based on the first question.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I found out about Shell's CAR(T) - " Capability, Achievement, Relationships" process before the phone interview. The interviewer (hiring manager) was very courteous and discussion was cordial. After the usual "tell me about yourself" questions and discussion, I tried to answer the requirements of CAR without specifically mentioning them. I thought the interview went well and the hiring manager mentioned he will schedule a face-to-face interview in about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a scenario in a recent project where you used your relationship skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview. The questions seemed to be based on the candidate having a complete understanding of not only Shell, but also all oil refinement for an Entry Level position.

Interview Questions

• All questions seemed very detailed and pertained to only oil and gas production.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

two interviews, one with hr and department manager and the other one was on phone with an international manager . first one is to learn about your personality and the phone interview adresses on technical capabilities.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a situation where you used your creativity   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Nairobi (Kenya)) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was well structured in terms of questions but the hiring process took long

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations only on salary