Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017
1,041 Interview Reviews

3.4

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Applied online. Online assessment test. Mechanical aptitude test along with psychology evaluation. Invited to interview via email. Go in for interview. Interviewed by 2 employees. STAR questions. Was not selected for the position. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The questions were mostly behavior, and easy to prepare for. I would recommend googling past questions because they don't change often. Make sure you can answer behavioral questions well. The process is much easier if you have interned there and got an offer from an exit interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell (Napoleon, OH).

Interview

Simple. Very easy goig. We both cracked some jokes . Asked about availability then got the job. Handed my packet & work shirts and my schedule. And told I was hired as long as my background check came back clear. Also got told the rate of pay (9.00\hr)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked at a gas station before?   1 Answer

SummerEngineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY).

Interview

There was the 2 part online assessment which assessed your interpersonal and analytical skills (most of the second part was basic statistics and reading graphs). Then I had a phone interview which went okay and lasted about 50 mins.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about times I had overcome challenges in a group and times I've interacted with people if different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Standardized and bureaucratic, generic questions, must provide past life examples to support answers. Doesn't seem to matter if they are only loosely related. Simply must have an answer and example for each question, answer quality doesn't seem too relevant

Interview Questions

• When did you take a leadership role within a team and what did you do?   1 Answer

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

Face to face with the manager. Followed by the scenario interview with HR person. Fun process if you don't make too much fuss about it. Interview was for the job that I knew I could handle and for the team that I knew before. I had an advantage of years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are CEO of the stroller company and something bad happens to your product. What would you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a 1 hour on-campus behavioral interview. A month later I was invited to Shell Recruitment Day. Here I completed an online email simulation task over a case we received at the night prior and then had to respond to an email about the case. Then there was a group discussion over the case where we were evaluated and a self-reflection interview. Next was a case over the same scenario and then a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with someone with a cultural difference and what did you do?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. 50 minutes for them to ask you questions, 10 for you to ask them questions. Be prepared with stories and answers in STAR, or situation, task, action, result, format. Overall, interviewer was very thorough and gave good answers to questions I asked. Questions also seemed fair, and they have a standardized process for phone interviews, so any advice from others should apply to your interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with people from a diverse background.   Answer Question

Shell Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I was interviewed for an hour mainly with behavioral questions. I was also asked about future areas of interest in the company and if I would want to stay technical or go into business side.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

telephone interview, 2 rounds. The 2nd round is major-related, and interviewed by engineers in the department that is considering to hire you. There are in total three engineers call me and ask questions about experience.