Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2018
1,415 Interview Reviews

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The questions were mostly behavior, and easy to prepare for. I would recommend googling past questions because they don't change often. Make sure you can answer behavioral questions well. The process is much easier if you have interned there and got an offer from an exit interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

You had to pass two online assessments and a case study. Then if you were selected you would receive a phone call and email. The assessments and case study were average difficult, make sure you read the case study thoroughly and takes notes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change your methodology   Answer Question

Process Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screening with hiring manager, followed by Skype interview 2 weeks later. Questions were based on my research and internship experiences. Easy interview questions.

The position was based in a different time zone. HR would call me in the middle fo the night for scheduling the interview, inspite of being aware of this fact. Very unprofessional on their part.

Security Incident Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Newark, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

I first applied for the job in December, two months later I got a call to schedule for an interview and the members of the interview panel. I choose the date for the telephone interview. On the scheduled date, I received a telephone call (like teleconference) with about 3 or more people from both the Houston US office and Netherland office. Started with introduction and who they were and then they asked me to introduce myself.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your precise job role in your current job?
      Q: How would you manage a team of 7   1 Answer

Video Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

They asked me five questions, which has 2mins to prepare and 3 mins to say. The five questions are all basic behavior questions, which are not difficult. Preparation time is enough for me. But the answer time is a little short.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

New this year for me. First 3 short assessments; mathematics proficiency, a character assessment, then a virtual interview. After that, there was a 2-hour interview which the 1st hour was about analyzing a case study they sent to me a day prior.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY).

Interview

First was an online assessment which wasn't that difficult then there was an automated interview with unlimited attempts per question. There was plenty of time and the process was fairly simple.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

This interview process was done online. There were five questions and you had two minutes to answer each question. The interview was done in conjunction with other assessments. Overall all it was a very simple process

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Online test. British phrasing. difficult for someone who has been out of school for a long time. Math and enlish and spatial were the sections. It was a very challenging tes

External Relations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It took awhile but they were very good about reaching out to let me know i was still in the running they just had some scheduling challenges. Everyone was extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. First was an hour long phone interview (behavioral style questions) with HR and team manager. About a month later, had an in person interview. It was long (3 hours, behavioral questions) and some questions were repetitive so be sure to bring notes with you. In person was with HR and another manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell in December 2017.

Interview

After all the standard online application tests and recorded video answers a month later I got an email for a video interview. It was entirely case based, no behavioral questions. I did not find it too challenging, but it is tough in a way, because all the case questions are pre-written, and you get zero emotional or verbal feedback of how well are you answering the questions. The HR called me with an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What if the cost of the project increased by this much, would you still pursue it?   Answer Question