Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017
1,146 Interview Reviews

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The questions were mostly behavior, and easy to prepare for. I would recommend googling past questions because they don't change often. Make sure you can answer behavioral questions well. The process is much easier if you have interned there and got an offer from an exit interview.

Interview Interview

Interview

Submit online application through shell website, followed by 2 online assessments: Part 1 competency-based questions. Part 2 decision-making and problem-solving questions. The problem-solving task is timed. Need to finish 16 numerical tests questions within 18 minutes. Pass the assessments, you will get an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. Interview takes around 45 minutes. All are behavior questions. Prepare a lot of examples with details and follow STARR model.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change your approach to something.   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work in the energy industry?   Answer Question

Terminal Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very corporate. Have initial questionnaire / application, have a few hour pass or fail test to determine what type of person you are, interview at site and physical / drug test .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were unsure of how to do something? Did you succeed and how did you go about it? Did you take away anything from this?   1 Answer

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The process consisted of talking to a recruiter, two different online competency tests - one math-based and one logic-based. Then if you pass those (which seemed pretty difficult, especially the math) there was one phone interview for approximately 1.5 hours

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked in a group where people were different from you?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

They ask you to do an capacity test (prepare for this), a personality test, and a online interview infront of the webcam. Two days after (in the weekend) I got a message saying I was not through to the next round. This basically suggests that computers are checking it and no human being has actually read your application! Spend all this time for nothing! CRAZY!

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to the corporate culture and especially about how you convince people, if you adapt to different cultures easily etc.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Was asked basic questions. Describe a time you were challenged out of your comfort zone, what makes you an effective team member etc. Two separate interviewers and a group interview.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Skype interview and then HR round. did background check. asked some relavent questions that are in your resume. your experiance matters. Skype interview and then HR round. did background check. asked some relavent questions that are in your resume. your experiance matters.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Bellingham, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, I qualified to take an online test that was pass/fail. The test took about 90 minutes and included a personality test. A week later, I was emailed to schedule a panel interview. The interview was timed, and they wanted specific examples for each question. Use the STAR method. My interview was conducted by the internship coordinator and two operators. All were friendly and made the experience less tense.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good team member?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you needed to use analytical skills to solve a complex problem. How did you identify that the problem was complex?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Applied online. Online assessment test. Mechanical aptitude test along with psychology evaluation. Invited to interview via email. Go in for interview. Interviewed by 2 employees. STAR questions. Was not selected for the position. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell (Napoleon, OH).

Interview

Simple. Very easy goig. We both cracked some jokes . Asked about availability then got the job. Handed my packet & work shirts and my schedule. And told I was hired as long as my background check came back clear. Also got told the rate of pay (9.00\hr)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked at a gas station before?   1 Answer