Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
1,094 Interview Reviews

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The questions were mostly behavior, and easy to prepare for. I would recommend googling past questions because they don't change often. Make sure you can answer behavioral questions well. The process is much easier if you have interned there and got an offer from an exit interview.

Interview Interview

Interview

Submit online application through shell website, followed by 2 online assessments: Part 1 competency-based questions. Part 2 decision-making and problem-solving questions. The problem-solving task is timed. Need to finish 16 numerical tests questions within 18 minutes. Pass the assessments, you will get an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. Interview takes around 45 minutes. All are behavior questions. Prepare a lot of examples with details and follow STARR model.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change your approach to something.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the energy industry?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Was asked basic questions. Describe a time you were challenged out of your comfort zone, what makes you an effective team member etc. Two separate interviewers and a group interview.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Skype interview and then HR round. did background check. asked some relavent questions that are in your resume. your experiance matters. Skype interview and then HR round. did background check. asked some relavent questions that are in your resume. your experiance matters.

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Applied online. Online assessment test. Mechanical aptitude test along with psychology evaluation. Invited to interview via email. Go in for interview. Interviewed by 2 employees. STAR questions. Was not selected for the position. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell (Napoleon, OH).

Interview

Simple. Very easy goig. We both cracked some jokes . Asked about availability then got the job. Handed my packet & work shirts and my schedule. And told I was hired as long as my background check came back clear. Also got told the rate of pay (9.00\hr)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked at a gas station before?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shell (Lake Charles, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was brick and not very thorough. Highly automated with little contact otherwise. First portion was a simple application, then next portion was an amplitude based survey. No feedback, just a generic rejection notification.

SummerEngineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY).

Interview

There was the 2 part online assessment which assessed your interpersonal and analytical skills (most of the second part was basic statistics and reading graphs). Then I had a phone interview which went okay and lasted about 50 mins.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about times I had overcome challenges in a group and times I've interacted with people if different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Standardized and bureaucratic, generic questions, must provide past life examples to support answers. Doesn't seem to matter if they are only loosely related. Simply must have an answer and example for each question, answer quality doesn't seem too relevant

Interview Questions

• When did you take a leadership role within a team and what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a 1 hour on-campus behavioral interview. A month later I was invited to Shell Recruitment Day. Here I completed an online email simulation task over a case we received at the night prior and then had to respond to an email about the case. Then there was a group discussion over the case where we were evaluated and a self-reflection interview. Next was a case over the same scenario and then a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with someone with a cultural difference and what did you do?   2 Answers