Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018
1,319 Interview Reviews

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The questions were mostly behavior, and easy to prepare for. I would recommend googling past questions because they don't change often. Make sure you can answer behavioral questions well. The process is much easier if you have interned there and got an offer from an exit interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY).

Interview

First was an online assessment which wasn't that difficult then there was an automated interview with unlimited attempts per question. There was plenty of time and the process was fairly simple.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

You had to pass two online assessments and a case study. Then if you were selected you would receive a phone call and email. The assessments and case study were average difficult, make sure you read the case study thoroughly and takes notes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change your methodology   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX).

Interview

New this year for me. First 3 short assessments; mathematics proficiency, a character assessment, then a virtual interview. After that, there was a 2-hour interview which the 1st hour was about analyzing a case study they sent to me a day prior.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

This interview process was done online. There were five questions and you had two minutes to answer each question. The interview was done in conjunction with other assessments. Overall all it was a very simple process

Interview Interview

Interview

Submit online application through shell website, followed by 2 online assessments: Part 1 competency-based questions. Part 2 decision-making and problem-solving questions. The problem-solving task is timed. Need to finish 16 numerical tests questions within 18 minutes. Pass the assessments, you will get an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. Interview takes around 45 minutes. All are behavior questions. Prepare a lot of examples with details and follow STARR model.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change your approach to something.   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work in the energy industry?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell in December 2017.

Interview

After all the standard online application tests and recorded video answers a month later I got an email for a video interview. It was entirely case based, no behavioral questions. I did not find it too challenging, but it is tough in a way, because all the case questions are pre-written, and you get zero emotional or verbal feedback of how well are you answering the questions. The HR called me with an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What if the cost of the project increased by this much, would you still pursue it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Recorded video interview portion with general, behavioral questions. Followed in second round by case study analysis. Overall, it was quite painless. The second round case study analysis can be a bit tough, however, so prepare well.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Champaign, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

There was an online application followed by recorded interview through HireVue. You had 5-6 questions and about a minute to answer each. The final round was a case interview with two recruiters over video call.

Assessed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

online application
    online assessments and record a video interview (must be done within 10 days of applying)
    live interview with two professionals (given a 30pg case a couple days prior to interview, asked a main question then given time to put together an answer, several other questions after)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

1 English test, 1 Math test, followed by 5 behavioral questions thru virtual interview. English and Math tests have a pretty severe time constraint, so be wary.
    Took me 1-2 weeks to hear I had been selected for the final assessment.
    Final assessment contains one case study. During assessment, you will give 5 minute presentation followed by an hour of follow up questions. Pretty taxing interview process as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Question about implementing safety in one of your projects.   Answer Question