Shell Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Project Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (New Orleans, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was an experienced hire into project management. I had to prepare a technical presentation and give to a group of project managers and leadership and respond to questions on the presentation. If was very cordial and was specific to the presentation. They were looking for technical capability and I felt I was evaluated based on my responses to their questions. I flew to New Orleans an spent the entire day, then flew back to Houston.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about the content of my presentation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zabierzów, Lesser Poland (Poland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Zabierzów, Lesser Poland (Poland)).

Interview

Two phone interviews, one in English - general questions about previous work experience, and how do you imagine your daily tasks at the position, also what are your biggest strengths and weaknesses. Followed by all day assessment center - including group exercise, group case study and individual analytical test. 8 candidates participated in the assessment center.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

good process of the interview; good organisation. good location.
    Good interviewer; good Human ressources specialist, good timing, good interview duration; clear job ticket. Good detailed job description. appropriate interviewer. good questions

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell in March 2012.

Interview

Received verbal then written offer on/around the 14th. Background check started the next day and completed results sent to the company on the 21st (7 days). Received start date 2weeks later and the start date was 2 1/2 weeks out. Earning this position, Start to finish - exactly 4 months.

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected but was impressed with interviewer's ability to gain insight into background and character of interviewee. These professionals encourage questions from the interviewee and even allowed the interview to change course a bit to accommodate and stimulate the conversation. Great company and office environment. It was obvious the people working there enjoyed it, very encouraging!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relocation, signing bonus and vacation

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell in July 2011.

Interview

The first phone interview asked questions all relating to job description and management style.
    He called from the states to give the interview. I approach the interview in a more "reality" & "friendly" style and i think that didn't work out for me. I believe they were looking for answer that is more "textbook" & "process oriented".

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2011.

Interview

It was just a phone call about the position. This is because my role was a contract position that went through a 3rd party resourcing company. I understand that for permanent roles the interview process is more stringent and intensive. For permanent roles there are at least 2 levels of interviews and the applicant will not only be tested on their technical capabilities and experience but also their personality and inter-personal skills. This non-technical part of the interview is extremely difficult to fake your way through, because the interviewers are trained extensively to learn about your personality. They ask questions that appear to have nothing whatsoever to do with the job.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience did I have in the past working on that particular technology?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell in October 2009.

Interview

Here we go!

The process for us was divided in two parts.
    1) Screening
    2) SRD (Shell Recruitment Day)

I. Screening
    I) First of all we had to fill and submit a resume. The resume is in a specific format and will be provided by Shell. Plus, we also had to apply online and fill a virtual resume online. Based on these two resumes, some people were short listed for telephonic interview.

ii) The date for Telephonic interview was communicated in advance. They can call at any time. I was the first to get a call at around 11 am and the last call came at about 8 or 9 pm. So be prepared! My interview was a 5 minute thing. Interviews are non – Technical. They asked me about some general stuff and then gave me a topic to speak on for a couple of minutes. Those who make through the interview will be called for SRD.

II. SRD
    I) Project Round: Also known as Technical round, here you will be asked to present projects which you have done. You may present any project be it COP, SOP, LOP, Apogee, Internship, PS1 etc. We were asked to present only 1 project of our choice. All the questions in this round were related ONLY to the project and no other technical questions were asked. Those who make it through this round will go for HR.

ii) HR Round: A very short and simple HR round. Quite simple.

iii) Case Study Round: We were given a 60-70 page case study. We had to go through and prepare a 5 minute presentation on it. All this had to be done in 90 minutes. Please note that the presentation MUST NOT be of more than 5 minutes.
    The case study round is a unique round and is somewhat difficult also. And so to make things simpler for the candidates, one sample case study round is held one day before SRD. That sample round is non evaluative. Also, you won’t find these case studies anywhere on the internet or in books. So, don’t waste your time in searching for them. Your best opportunity to prepare for it will be during the sample round. Those who survive this round will go for the final round.
    iv) Group Activity Round: This is a modified GD round. The only thing is that here you won’t be alone; you will be divided in two teams. This is quite a simple round. You will be given a topic and some literature will also be provided. Your (and your team’s) discussion MUST revolve around the given literature only.

Important advice:
    This was the process for us. It might be different for you guys. So don’t depend on this completely. And people with low CGPA need not worry. The CGPA cut off was 6.0 for us. So, whether you are 6.01 or 9.99, it really won’t matter.