Sheraton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2018

2.5

Sort:

Pastry Cook Interview

Interview

The interview process at Sheraton Hotel was a basic interview, where I met with two chefs who asked general work experience questions. The interview was brief and to the point and both chefs were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you exhibited outstanding customer service.   Answer Question

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sheraton (Pomona, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online on the website and was called the next day to come in for an interview. Interview was 3 days from the day applied. Interview was simple. Person who interviewed me was very friendly. i asked him if he liked his role for the company and said yes and he is sure i would fit in perfectly.

Interview Questions

• What led you to apply for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just waiting on drug test and background check

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sheraton in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. I signed up at their career fair booth and met with them later in the day. Went great! Followed up with a phone interview. Then received an email on where I would be working.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you ran into a problem at work and how did you solve it   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sheraton (Niagara Falls, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

called in for an interview in person, then immediately had another interview with a higher management person (this happens if "they like you".) it took them about a month and a half to get back to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just get prepared and give a bit of insight

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sheraton (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

I chat with the supervisor and HR. They were both very nice. They gave me a tour in the hotel. I really enjoyed the conversation with them. I learned a lot actually in the interview. I chat with the supervisor and HR. They were both very nice. They gave me a tour in the hotel. I really enjoyed the conversation with them. I learned a lot actually in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sheraton (Syracuse, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview was very casual at a table in the bar next to the restaurant. Manager just wanted to know my past experience with restaurants. Very easy. I asked a question following and it was clear that the restaurant doesnt get very busy on a day to day business. Perfect for me.

Interview Questions

• Past experience with restaurants or food service industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sheraton (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed twice by different managers.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any difficult questions that I recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing

Server Interview

Interview

3 short interviews, easy to get in when experienced, went to a job fair held at the location and impressed them for the final interview with the department manager. didn't do to much to impress them and was hired right away

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sheraton (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty a common sense thing, i just acted as myself and i got the job easy, i think the one thing that sealed the deal was that i made the owner and managers laugh a lot and got on there good side. Now if you going to make someone laugh make sure they have a sense of humour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relax , don;t over think anything, and realize that they need you more then you need them, i know this because they were the ones need more people to work for them

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheraton (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Discussing previous positions and problem solving tactics. Has a list of interview questions from corporate(Starwood hotels) about ones work ethic, problem solving and views. Now merging with Marriott might change unsure