SmartRecruiters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SmartRecruiters

2.7

Sort:

Junior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Then I had one first round 30-min phone interview with one PM and two 45-min phone interviews for my second round. The interviewers were very professional. I really enjoyed the conversations. They provided me feedback after I knew the result and reached out to them. Very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why PM?
      Why SmartRecruiters?
      What is your favorite activity? If you have to build a product about the activity, how would you go about it?
      What ideas do you have for SmartRecruiters?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Overall, SmartRecruiters, especially the strategy VP and lead recruiter, truly understands what it means to deliver a strong candidate experience. Recruiter fully communicated the entire process very well and thus set my expectations: 2 Phone Screens (Recruiter & Interview), 1/2-Day Interview with Multiple People. The hiring manager was exceptional and fully engaged...and it would be an honor to collaborate with him. Unfortunately, at the end, the interview took an odd turn when I was engaged in a very unprofessional questions about my current employer and unnecessary commentary about minorities.

Interview Questions

• How do I go about developing marketing messaging?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about our newly launched Web site?   1 Answer
    • Why do so many customers hate my current employer and their respective product?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Sent an email to the Recruiter. Had a 1 hour phone screen interview. Was asked to come in and meet 3 people on the first day - CMO, Demand Gen and Product Marketing for 1 hour each. Next, was sent assessments to check aptitude and ability. Finally, was asked to come back in for another onsite - met the CMO again and the Head Of Talent. Background check, Reference check took no more than 2 days and was made an offer.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

The process took around 2-3 weeks. First a phone screening with the manager to talk more about the role and why you are interested in being an SDR. Then invited to on-site to meet with other managers and current SDR. The on-site took around 1.5 hours meeting with different people to talk more about yourself, what you know about the company and why SDR. There was a short mock role playing during the interview.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Even though I received an offer and took it, I think it should be noted that I've been through A LOT of interviews in the last few years and this experience was by far in the top 5 if not the best one.

The amount of communication that I received from SmartRecruiters, both via phone and email, really made me feel valued and aware of the next steps in the process. Everything moved forward pretty quickly given that the interviews started before Christmas and many people were away on holidays. I really appreciate that I never felt like I had been put into the ATS black hole of death with SmartRecruiters which it often feels like with other jobs. With other companies, you submit an application and literally never heard back...or you hear back months later. I always knew where I stood and what was coming next.

Interview Questions

• Give me examples of when you were creative.   1 Answer

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position and quickly received a reply. A designer contacted me and wanted to have an "Informal chat over coffee". I thought that sounded great, and already liked the more laid back approach they had to interviewing candidates. Well that's where I was wrong. We met at a coffee/sandwich chain in the city right around lunch time. One of the product managers ended up coming along for this "informal chat over coffee". We went inside and boom, immediately the product manager went into full on formal interview mode right in the middle of this place while we were closely surrounded by people eating lunch. It was extremely awkward and embarrassing. Since I was told that this was going to be an "informal chat over coffee", I was taken completely off guard. I was expecting to chat about what I like to do for fun, how I ended up in San Francisco etc. But instead it was resume interrogation all the way to wanting to go over my portfolio. This was totally something you do in a private office room setting. Also, most of the time the designer didn't even say a word, he just sat there. At the end, they told me they would get back in touch with me next week, but of course I never heard anything. So much for an "informal chat over coffee" guys.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past positions and portfolio pieces, while surrounded by 30 people trying to eat lunch and have coffee.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick but through, professional but not uncomfortable, and overall a positive experience. The Head of Recruiting was quick and investigative with his questions which I appreciated because it showed he understood my role. In my experience the person on the other end of the phone sounds automated and uninterested so he was a refreshing experience. After the initial phone interview, I was invited to come back to the office and meet with 3 sets of employees which was really impressive because it showed a vast interest in hiring the right person to support the entire office. My last interview was with the CEO which I can honestly say was a unique experience. He was mild-mannered, professional and friendly. He asked me important questions about me as a person and also my skills. He was really engaging and I felt like he was trying to get to know me.

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters.

Interview

Very transparent and simple. Applied online, quickly received a confirmation and a follow up from the recruiter - never had any question where I was in the process and the next steps. Everyone was very friendly, caring and made the process enjoyable.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter, two phone Interviews, onsite Interview with most of leadership team. Initial phone screen to review resume and gauge interest. Phone interview with would be direct manager, followed by interview with Sr. Leadership phone interview. Travel to HQ in San Francisco for interviews with 3 members of the leadership team, as well as a would be peer.

Very direct questions from all interviewers, designed to understand your motivations, skills, and decision making skills. Very honest feedback from all interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you and describe your typical sales process.   Answer Question

Director Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SmartRecruiters (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Great communication throughout the interview process. The speed of going through the interviews was also very fast (perhaps due to fitting things in between Thanksgiving and December holidays). The team was awesome, and I felt really good about the impression and insight I was given of the company. They're clearly using their own platform to its full potential!