Smith's Food & Drug Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Smith's Food & Drug Interview Questions

Interviews at Smith's Food & Drug

1.8

Assistant Store Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

Was contacted one day after applying, they stayed in constant contact throughout the process, and very professional upper level management team. Had a phone interview right away and from there went on to the face to face interview with the head of HR, the Recruiter, and the VP.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was name a time you had to deliver a unpopular decision, what was your actions, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation they had a set wage.

Assistant Store Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with the majority of corp. managers and interviewed with each of them.. Majority of the questions were situational.. They pretty much followed the script. After completing an interview I was led to another room to meet with someone else. This continued half a dozen times. Many of the managers commented that they didn't even know how to respond to these questions.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview

Quick and easy. Application process was fast. Phone screen first and face-to-face interview afterwards. Asked why do you want to work for the company, what was your most difficult experience with a customer and how did you resolve it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

After filling out the application, I walked to my closest Smith's Food & Drug and asked for Human Resources. After a few minutes talking with him, I was asked to speak with the Store Director. He said he wanted to hire me, I filled out necessary paperwork and started withing a week.

Interview Questions

• If a customer I was dealing with got upset because of the customer service they experienced, how would I handle it? Break down in steps.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview

They asked about working with others, teamwork, and customer service. There is an HR person there at the store.

Prior to the interview, I had applied online at Smiths.com, where it was entered into the Kroger system. From there, I called to inform them I have placed an application -- which I feel helped quite a bit.

Kroger and Smith's focus on the three A's: Aknowledge, Assist, and Appreciate. Some knowledge on how and what those are may possibly prepare you for the interview. Just make sure to appear clean, confident, honest, and responsible.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and reason I want to work with Smiths.   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Interview

Applied online and went to talk to the HR boss and talked to the dept head i was applying for so i could make a positive impression on both of them. Also looked for the store manager

Interview Questions

• do you value customer service? Have a sense of urgency?   Answer Question

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

asked when i could start and what hours i wanted lady talked a lot about employees and their personal lives and it was inaapriate. so i just listened. she talked aboyt lds and things like that

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Didn't really ask to many "interview" questioned mostly asked about my availability and the position itself. I first did a kind of phone interview where they asked me very easy questions, then i got a interview time. The whole face to face interview took about 15 minutes. Plus I'm a teenager with no work experience and was hired on the spot which was very cool!

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and completely professional the entire time. She made sure I wanted the job I was applying for and made me aware of what responsibilities I would have before I was hired so there would be no surprises for me when I started.

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (West Valley City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in early like the asked me to do and waited an extra half hour just for the interviewer. Was taken to the back and asked 4 or 5 questions then was told to call them the following day. I did and they seemed pretty upset I called them, and kept stringing me along for 2 weeks until I received an email that my 8 years of retail experience was being passed up by more qualified applicants, what a joke. was one of the worst interview processes I've been through. I don't recommend this company they don't seem to have it together.

Interview Questions

• Are you a Wal-Mart spy?   1 Answer
    • Since the job you applied for is filled would you consider any other area?   1 Answer