Smith's Food & Drug Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smith's Food & Drug Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

1.8

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview

Quick and easy. Application process was fast. Phone screen first and face-to-face interview afterwards. Asked why do you want to work for the company, what was your most difficult experience with a customer and how did you resolve it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked to show up around opening with a resume in hand. Upon arrival I was met by the general manager. We sat down in the deli and I was asked several questions about commute, work ethic, and team working. Afterward I was thanked and told that I would receive a call within the next few weeks.

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (West Valley City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in early like the asked me to do and waited an extra half hour just for the interviewer. Was taken to the back and asked 4 or 5 questions then was told to call them the following day. I did and they seemed pretty upset I called them, and kept stringing me along for 2 weeks until I received an email that my 8 years of retail experience was being passed up by more qualified applicants, what a joke. was one of the worst interview processes I've been through. I don't recommend this company they don't seem to have it together.

Interview Questions

• Are you a Wal-Mart spy?   1 Answer
    • Since the job you applied for is filled would you consider any other area?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Didn't really ask to many "interview" questioned mostly asked about my availability and the position itself. I first did a kind of phone interview where they asked me very easy questions, then i got a interview time. The whole face to face interview took about 15 minutes. Plus I'm a teenager with no work experience and was hired on the spot which was very cool!

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Elko, NV).

Interview

You put in an application online, which is simple. Wait about a week and you'll receive a call for an interview. It's a pretty easy interview. When you walk into the store, find the first associate you see and tell them you are there for an interview. They will get ahold of management and let them know your there. Then you go into an office and have a one on one interview with the HR Manager.

Clicklist Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a screening call two weeks later. Basic questions about customer service. Give an example when a customer has given you a compliment. How would you deal with a difficult customer? How would you go out of your way to make a customer feel satisfied? I was then supposed to schedule an interview but the person who called me said all their interview times were full so I would get a call back at another time. I received a call another week later to set up the interview. When I arrived for the interview, I was early and then waited an hour before two store managers met with me and another interviewee. For whatever reason they did not have my application on file and asked to see the email Kroger sent me. The interview wasn't much of an interview. It was mostly the hiring manager describing how great of a company Kroger is. The position was described to the best of their abilities as the click list program is new to their store and the manager training for that department is off site.

Three questions total asked:
    Have you worked at a grocery store before?
    Are you working right now?
    Would you feel comfortable picking other people's food?

Was advised that the department manager might need to interview us again or we might just get hired without seeing her. They needed to hire 15 people for the team and already hired 6 total. If we got the position to expect a call the following week as the Click list program started at the end of the month. When I called for F/U the hiring manager was never available. I received an email 55 days after submitting application and about a month after the interview stating they decided to go with other candidates.

Rx Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Phone calls from discombobulated folks trying to figure out how to schedule an in person interview. The girl seemed immature, unprofessional and when discussing salary, very bothered since I knew things having worked for the company for 14 years.

Interview Questions

• Acted as tho I never worked RX let alone their company. Things like, what do you know about Smith's? What do you know about a pharmacy.   1 Answer

It was a ridiculous process and very unprofessional. It reminded me of the inside things that went on therefore I opted to not go back with the company.

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview

Very easy interview only 9 basic questions ... Go in with your head high smile and answer each and every question in the best way you can

I studied so hard stressed myself out for no reason

District Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

As I received an email regarding a confirmation for an interview; however, I never spoke to anyone as the email stated. I then called the hiring manager about the email, and he stated to come in at the scheduled time. Within 20 minutes I received a secondary email, which may I add, was not business ready as there were [[ ]] where my name, position, and the business name was placed. The email stated they have found someone more closely fitting the needs. I then emailed then hiring manager since I just spoke to him within 20 minutes, and he replied, yes the position has been filled.
    As my background is in both Asset Protection and HR, I felt this process to be very unorganized to say the least. I am not sure what type of business the The Kroger Family corporation is, but it does seem to have a handle of Hiring.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smith's Food & Drug.

Interview

I applied online, but I hadn't heard back for several weeks and I had been previously too busy to call them or go to the store I was applying for in person to check up on my application. Eventually, when I had all but given up, I got a call from Smith's explaining the position they had available and conducting a short phone interview. They then asked me to come in the following Monday for an in person interview and that I needed to bring a picture ID and my SS card. The interview was pretty easy, although I do feel that preparing was very helpful as I am naturally a pretty anxious person when it comes to interviews and being put on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What is one accomplishment through work or academics that you are most proud of?   Answer Question