Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sobeys

2.0

Sort:

Clerk Interview

Interview

very good, self teaching aids for training and very in depth, not enough practical training time once you are on the job you are expected to perform at 100% far too quickly. mostly due to there not being enough wages in the budget to train extensively

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest strength and weakness   2 Answers

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Kanata, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call to schedule an interview a few weeks later. It was one interview at the store that lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. A couple days passed and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Sobeys?
      Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself? etc.   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It was great. Very in depth and informative. Will be contacted through phone and emailed a contract. The panel were very welcoming and the process was a great experience from start to finish

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Submit my resume through linkedin . Had not got response for 3 month . Got interview notification suddenly and ask me to go their office the next day. First talk with hr manage and then department manage was asked to come in and talked for a while. Just talk interview with manager and human resource manager directly. and then after 1 weeks, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• No challenges. Just review your experiences   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

normal questioning with normal stress level. waiting a week between each interview and met with mgr and director. they were nice and didn't seem mean in the 1st interview but was mean in the interview and felt i didn't get it because of that.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

One manager in person, one on the phone. It was rather informal as I knew one of the managers doing the interview. There was structure as the manager I was with had pre-written questions on her desk.

Interview Questions

• What kind of talents do you bring to the position?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a situation where you had no right answer to a problem, and either outcome would be bad ? and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys in April 2012.

Interview

I was offered an interview over the phone as an initial screening process. Following this, the HR team invited me to their offices to pursue the interview process. The interviewers were very kind, but interrogative.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose a fruit to symbolize your personality, which would you choose?   1 Answer

Cash Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy,normal questions about customer service,how you handle a difficult customer,one interview with store manager and front end manager.they were talking about their expectations and I was supposed to give my opinion about what they were asking

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry customer   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview, given the flyer and asked to make and sell a meal. Then given a Sobeys product and asked to "sell" to the customer. Some other vague questions about an angry customer essentially looking for remain calm be respectful and find someone who can help.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Over all frequent questions about your self, why should I hire you. The management team was very pleasant. I got set up the same day in their system. Very small nit family. Worked well together.