Sobeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sobeys Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.0

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It was great. Very in depth and informative. Will be contacted through phone and emailed a contract. The panel were very welcoming and the process was a great experience from start to finish

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Took about a week to get called in for the interview took like 20 mins. Then a couple days to get a call back that I was hired and had to come in with bank info and SIN.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sobeys in August 2017.

Interview

It was an interactive interview that lasted about an hour. Split into 3 parts of creating a meal from the recent flyer, try and sell them one of sobeys brand food and role playing how you would deal with a difficult customer.

Interview Questions

• Someone comes back with a rotten watermelon   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Applied online and then I got an email from the manager to come for an interview. It was very straightforward, I meet him right in the pharmacy. He introduced me to everyone then took me to the back office to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

- Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sobeys (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview about 10 days after applying. I spoke to the store operator and multiple department managers, and everyone was really friendly and easygoing. I interviewed 1 on 1 with the front end department manager and it took about 20 minutes. Shortly afterwards I was contacted and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sobeys (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by another employee. I had submitted my resume via email and I was told by the other employee to come in for an interview. I was asked several questions about my previous employers and then immediately offered the job,

Interview Questions

• Name what you liked and didn't like about your previous employer.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Basic behavior questions, like what is your personality, what is your weakness, tell me about your previous employer. How did you handle the conflict with your boss, or your co-workers.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sobeys.

Interview

Had to complete a small test on rating my skills with different technologies followed by a behavioral interview. Easy questions as long as you are enthusiastic and prepared with specific examples.

Lead Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call from the store manager to schedule an interview a couple days later. It was one interview at the sobeys west head office, since the new store wasn't open yet.. the interview lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. I was told I would hear back, when the decisions were made at the end of the following week.. never did, I had to chase down the manager for 3 days to try and find out what the status was, as I had other job offers.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sobeys (Kanata, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call to schedule an interview a few weeks later. It was one interview at the store that lasted about 30 minutes from what I recall. Basic questions, super general, just to get a feel for who you are. A couple days passed and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Sobeys?
      Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself? etc.   Answer Question