Southern Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Southern Company

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

I had gotten an interview through a school's recruiter. I had 2 phone interviews in the span of 4 weeks. The interviewers were really nice and respectful. The questions were mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions like how did you handle an issue that came up with a member on your team.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

Basic conflict and job management questions for a two summer commitment environmental engineering internship. This was two years ago with a part of the company that has now since been sold and no longer a part of Southern Company

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern Company (Naperville, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

I passed the online assessments and test did phone interview which lasted like 10 15 mins. I thought I did well but never received a callback for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• name a time you want help a difficult customer and what did you do.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in December 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of employees. The people were very nice. They wanted me to demonstrate a project I did on a projector(Bring HDMI adapter just in case). Overall the interview experience was more behavioral than technical.

Interview Questions

• If you were to run into a problem or error in a project what is the first thing you would do in order to solve the problem?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I did a 30 minute on campus behavioral interview. After the interview they sent out an email saying that I was still in the pool of applications being considered for the position. My friend got a second interview and I did not. They have never emailed me to inform me that I was no longer a candidate. If they had simply told me they had hired another person it would have been fine but being strung along was not professional.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

I was brought in via a recruiter and had a Skype interview and then an in person interview. After I realized how poor the recruiting/contracting firm's benefits were, I declined the offer to join as a contractor. Southern Company then tried to bargain with me twice and finally offered me a direct hire position. I accepted and patiently waited on my offer letter to come "in the next few days." Two weeks passed by and after numerous attempts to contact SoCo by both myself and the recruiting agency, we finally got a hold of someone who said they decided to hire someone else internally and no longer were offering me a job. They weren't planning to reach out and tell me that I wasn't getting hired. Good thing I didn't submit a 2 weeks notice on a verbal job offer.

Distribution Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2019.

Interview

My co-op student interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was more formal compared to some of my other interviews that felt more conversational. But, I think that is to be expected with such a large corporate structured company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in engineering?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I did the interview process through campus recruiters. The first interview is a behavioral interview and they ask you generic questions. Be sure to know a lot about the company and prepare really good questions to ask them

CSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Gulfport, MS) in September 2019.

Interview

I haven't had the interview just yet. I've only been invited to take the test. I am only applying this part to see what everyone else had to say about the company.

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

Brief phone call with hiring manager followed by a 5 panel in-person interview where each interviewer asks a question. Mostly behavior type interview questions asking about how you have handled past situations