Southern Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Southern Company

2.9

Sort:

CONTRACT AGENT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of 6 people. Each person took turns asking questions. They were all nice and polite, but the process can still be intimidating. I didn't recall call got the interview for over a month after replying. It then took about 2 weeks to hear the decision. Overall good experience.

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 members. Given two questions prior to interview. Each member asks a specific question and they take notes on your answers. At the end, they give you an opportunity to ask questions. Laid back environment.

Contract Position Interview

Interview

Phone interview for Admin support; contract with no extension. The interviewers seemingly were not enthused about supporting the “bigger integration ”. Not a good feel; they seemingly didn’t want to be absorbed by Ma SoCo.

Interview Questions

• The usual; how many supported, skill set, etc.   1 Answer

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

Kind of like a firing squad! Very intimidating unfortunately. You have a host of people in the room who are evaluating your interview performance. Could be as many as 6 or 7 interviewers. The interviews have been calling for presentations lately using PowerPoint showing how you would tackle or solve a problem.

Interview Questions

• Always the same old, how did you handle a difficult or sensitive situation, etc....   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you don't have extensive experience, don't even bother trying to negotiate. You may get an extra week or two of vacation but no signing bonuses really. If one, it's small.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Five or so person panel interview. Interviewers ask interviewer questions one at a time around the table (around 7 questions) with an HR rep usually present. How you answer the questions is scored on a points system [0 - Unacceptable, 1 - Marginally Acceptable, 2 - Acceptable (answered question fully with minor specifics), 3 - Excellent (answered the question fully with specific scenarios and results)] with a high score, experience, and favorable personality usually being the one selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer criticized the quality of service you provided and told you that changes must be made after you finished. What specifically would you do?   1 Answer

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was an interview with 3 people

Analyst Interview

Interview

Laid back interview environment. Panel type interview, the questions were pretty straightforward. After I applied it took almost 4 weeks until I heard something back from the hiring manager. As long as you study and brush up on your behavioral interviewing skills you should be fine for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about any new ideas or methods that you have implemented in previous jobs to improve your work quality of efficiency?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

First step was a phone screen with HR. A week later there was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then I was called in for an interview which was a panel interview. The questions are pretty basic (STAR questions). Each interviewer gets to ask 2 or more questions. It took about 2 weeks to get the offer. Then about 2-3 weeks for background check and drug test, then another 2 weeks for notifying my employer at that time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you think you are qualified for this job.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

This interview was straight forward. I applied near the end of the previous year, and then a month or so later received a phone call directly from the hiring manager. After screening me on my background, I was invited to an in person interview. When first arriving, I had a chance to sit down 1 on 1 with the hiring manager in a "get to know you" type session. Once that was over we went into another room with a panel/group where everyone had 1 or more questions. They also had a couple of logic questions. Once that was over, the hiring manager walked to me the elevator to be on my way. I sent a thank you email the next business day and around a week and a half later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Here's a list of 7 numbers. Number 1 can't come before Number 3, Number 5 can't come before Number 1, Number 7 has to come before Numbers 2 and 4. Number 2 has to come after Number 6. Put these numbers in order. (multiple choice).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

6 Basic Behavioral Interview Questions
    Spoke with two managers that were very nice and wanted to get to know me. They made me feel very comfortable and welcome at Southern Company.