Southern Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Company Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

Distribution Engineering/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met at college career fair and gave them my resume. Then about three weeks later I got a call to set up an interview at our school with an hr rep and one engineer. Mostly behavior based questions and why do you want to intern with Georgia Power. Then got called to a second round of interviews at the Headquarters in Atlanta with about 7 Engineering Supervisors and one hr rep and these were mostly questions about you and your resume and experiences. Then got a call two weeks later offering me the job. I would have taken it but Georgia Pacific offered me more money and free housing. Georgia Power offers a housing stipend but I could not give up free housing and more money.

Interview Questions

• Second Round questions - Tell us about a time you went out of your way to provide extraordinary service to one of your customers.   Answer Question

Nuclear Operations Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southern Company (Waynesboro, GA).

Interview

Contacted via phone to schedule an interview, testing, and test teach 1 week prior to requested date. Created a power point to present to 6-8 subjects for evaluation on classroom presence and instructor skills/qualities. Received offer a couple days after interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain how the SAT process works and what it means to you.   Answer Question

Nuclear Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Waynesboro, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was painless. I applied for the job on March 23th, 2017 and received a call about setting up interview on April 5th, 2017. Had the interview the following Wednesday. I work on the project but for another company so I knew where the building was and everything. Very nice panel of interviewers. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background, experience, education, technical skills that relates to this position.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I applied online 3 months earlier. I was contacted to come into their Birmingham office for an interview. When I got to Birmingham, I was informed the position was also available in Atlanta. I was offered a position in the Atlanta office. The amount they initially offered was below the amount I asked for; therefor I countered and they provided me with the exact amount I requested. Initially they stated because of the bonus, I would achieve the desired rate. However, the bonus is not guaranteed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Health and Welfare-Financial and Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

They called me a month after I applied and scheduled me for a prescreening. Afterwards, I got to speak on the phone with the hiring manager. Finally, I was brought in for a 3-hour panel interview. I was told to wait 7-10 days for a response and I didn't hear back until almost a month and a half afterwards. All attempts to obtain an update by me and the HR rep who did the prescreening were ignored. They didn't even bother sending a personal email. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by someone from HR and an interview was set up. On the call/interview was the HR Rep along with (3) others from the company. Their questions were pretty in depth and were standard interview type questions. It was very direct situational questions, and after answering we could move into more of a discussion type interview but it was very structured and controlled by HR and their process

Interview Questions

• Questions related to dealing with teamwork and how you interact and perform in teams and lead to their sucess   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was thorough but exactly what you would expect for a company its size and stature. You're vetted regarding your experience, actual skills, group/panel interview, and then more intimate interview. Then basics - background check, drug screening, psy. profile/references.

Finance/Accounting Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met a Southern Company Representative at a career fair and gave her my resume. The recruiter said I would be a good candidate for Southern's intern program and the company's internship program is a good segway to full time employment with the company. I applied online and received a phone call a week letter to go to HQ for an interview. It was a 3 panel interview with questions such as, Tell me a time when you had to assume a leadership role?, Describe a situation, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to step into a leadership role?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through campus recruiter. The first interview was straightforward and one on one. I received a notification that I had moved on to the next round the next business day. I got a call that same day for a second interview which took place a week later. I got a co-op offer the morning after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in five years?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

All company interviews involve a panel that includes the hiring manager, HR rep, and 4-5 other employees either in the department or related areas. Each person asks 1 predetermined question, and each candidate gets the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a situation where you had to give someone information that they did not agree with?   Answer Question