SpotOn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpotOn (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I got to meet the President of the company, a Sales Director and the person who would be my supervisor, the Director of Recruiting. It was great to meet such an array of middle and upper management, it helped give me a good idea of how the workplace culture is.

Interview Questions

• If you have all this experience in graphic and web design, why do you think you would be a good fit for Inside Sales with us, and why not look for graphic and web design jobs?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpotOn in January 2013.

Interview

The worst I have ever been to! No formal process. The person hiring is the regional manager and has no idea how to use the equipment or how it works. And lack complete professionalism.

Interview Questions

• None. I asked questions he couldn't answer. Bad from the beginning   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SpotOn (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

Fast process of getting in touch with you for an interview. The interview was a lecture and babbling from the VP who was like a car salesman. They are full of it. I asked basic questions of how many businesses signed up in an area and they lied about it. The average sales person stays there less than a year (around 30% retention rate)....there is no salary

Interview Questions

• Get ready for swearing during the interview process...   8 Answers

No future for sales people. The company is solid but besides the CEO's they are full of it. Watch out!

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpotOn (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

This company has a simple interview process. Hired on the spot as a 1099 contractor initially. Bring in a specified number of accounts in order to earn employee status. This company will basically hire anyone off the street. Not a good fit if you are a seasoned sales professional

Interview Questions

• Just be able to explain example of your sales success. They will bring you on regardless as a contractor before being offered full time employment. They are looking for as many bodies as possible for market penetration whether you are qualified or not.   4 Answers

Negotiation

None. Just hit my required number of sales as a contractor and transitioned to full time status. They micro manage you weekly so beware. If you miss your number for the week they threaten downgrade to 1099 or termination

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpotOn (San Rafael, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is basic. Start out as a Business consultant on commission only, which is technically a account executive who sells but the exception is that you now have to act as customer service and tech support too. Once you can prove that you can produce above quota and maintain a high retention rate, the CEOs will authorize a salary.

Interview Questions

• I never incurred any puzzling questions but I do have to say/reiterate how important it is that the interviewee must highlight their abilities to sell AND provide customer support because it is crucial for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much of a negotiation phase until you produce volume. The bonuses pay well if the salesperson markets to chain stores.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SpotOn (Chennai (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

I got a call from a agency from Kolkata that asked me whether I was interested in the Job. I said Yes and then they informed that my Resume has been short listed and I have to attend a interview.
    I said okay, and went for the interview. There I had a Interview with the Regional Asst. Manager. Then I was asked to attend one more Interview with the HR.
    I went for that also and then I was said that I would be informed about the joining date.
    The Company has a awesome Work Culture. And I would love to work in this Company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to take up this Job in this field especially when you are coming from a completely different professional Background ?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpotOn.

Interview

Called me and set up and interview for the next day. Pretty basic interview, asked me to describe various aspects of my resume and why I would be a good fit for the company. Then we talked about the position and the company. Called me later that night with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpotOn in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position, the job overview on Career Builder says base $25K-$35K plus bonus. The initial recruiter called me within 1 day and ask me a couple of basic questions: Do I have sales experience? Am I familiar with the company?
    Then the recruiter went on to describe the position and the company, where I learned that it is a work from home, using your own phone, computer, and car to travel to meet with businesses with 100% commission and bonus. Different from the job ad. The compensation is way to little.

Looks like they are trying to get as many people applying for the position stating the position has a base pay, but the recruiter said it was 100% commission. \

Interview Questions

Not worth the time to invest my own resources for only $200 per open account.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpotOn in June 2012.

Interview

I emailed my resume to SpotOn after seeing their help wanted ad on Moster.Com. In less than 10 minutes {very impressive!) they called me and we had a 20 minute conversation. The interviewer had one question for me: "Are you familar with our product?" I explained all I knew about SpotOn based on what was on their website and FaceBook page (seemed like a very friendly and fresh crew working there!). He gave me a bit more detail and then went on to tell me why I'd be good for the company. (I have experience selling this sort of product to businesses and I have a lot of sales experience in general.) The interviewer said there was a $25K base salary plus bonuses but couldnt tell me what the average person made in bonuses each year. He then said someone from my area would be contacting me for a F2F meeting with a few days. This never happened.

*I believe I lost the interviewers attention when I told him the $25K would probably just pay my expenses to work...and I was more interested in the bonus. {But I still wanted to hear what the local mgr had to say!)
    *The company is rather new (3 years and trying to break into new areas), could be a nice way to get into sales on the ground floor of a company, or a second income for a family.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with SPOTon?   1 Answer