SpotOn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpotOn Interview Questions

Interviews at SpotOn

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SpotOn in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and comprised of three calls from two recruiters. They were very casual conversations to get to know your understanding of the company, the pay system and the information they send you via email.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about myself and why I was interested in working with them.   1 Answer
    • They also asked questions about the company, so do your research.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SpotOn.

Interview

Put an application in, received an email from a recruiter for a job screening. Replied promptly with my availability with no reply. Reached back out to the recruiter to schedule the phone screening. Seemed more like a sales pitch from the recruiter rather than a phone conversation. No questions were asked about what my interests were or even specifically what I was looking for. Rather, trying to sell me on why to work for the company. Decided myself to cut the conversation short.

Run from the hills from this company. There is no base pay. Don’t waste your time or sacrifice your self-worth. There should be big red flag going up if there is no compensation for your efforts, regardless of commission structure or residual income.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpotOn (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

First, an hour-long phone screen discussing my technical background, and details about the position/company tech-stack. Then, a technical on-site interview lasting 2-3 hours. During the on-site, I was asked to whiteboard a basic architecture for a Bitly-like app. Second, was the live coding interview where I was asked a series of technical questions that any competent developer should be able to do. The questions included simple operations like unique-ifying an array, counting words in a string, and using closures. The interviewers were very helpful when I ran into trouble and encouraged me to ask questions and talk through my solution.

Interview Questions

• How to make an array with unique values while maintaining order?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with Big O notation? Describe your function's performance in terms of Big O.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpotOn (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I got to meet the President of the company, a Sales Director and the person who would be my supervisor, the Director of Recruiting. It was great to meet such an array of middle and upper management, it helped give me a good idea of how the workplace culture is.

Interview Questions

• If you have all this experience in graphic and web design, why do you think you would be a good fit for Inside Sales with us, and why not look for graphic and web design jobs?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpotOn (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

This company has a simple interview process. Hired on the spot as a 1099 contractor initially. Bring in a specified number of accounts in order to earn employee status. This company will basically hire anyone off the street. Not a good fit if you are a seasoned sales professional

Interview Questions

• Just be able to explain example of your sales success. They will bring you on regardless as a contractor before being offered full time employment. They are looking for as many bodies as possible for market penetration whether you are qualified or not.   4 Answers

Negotiation

None. Just hit my required number of sales as a contractor and transitioned to full time status. They micro manage you weekly so beware. If you miss your number for the week they threaten downgrade to 1099 or termination

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpotOn (San Rafael, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is basic. Start out as a Business consultant on commission only, which is technically a account executive who sells but the exception is that you now have to act as customer service and tech support too. Once you can prove that you can produce above quota and maintain a high retention rate, the CEOs will authorize a salary.

Interview Questions

• I never incurred any puzzling questions but I do have to say/reiterate how important it is that the interviewee must highlight their abilities to sell AND provide customer support because it is crucial for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much of a negotiation phase until you produce volume. The bonuses pay well if the salesperson markets to chain stores.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpotOn in January 2013.

Interview

The worst I have ever been to! No formal process. The person hiring is the regional manager and has no idea how to use the equipment or how it works. And lack complete professionalism.

Interview Questions

• None. I asked questions he couldn't answer. Bad from the beginning   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SpotOn (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

Fast process of getting in touch with you for an interview. The interview was a lecture and babbling from the VP who was like a car salesman. They are full of it. I asked basic questions of how many businesses signed up in an area and they lied about it. The average sales person stays there less than a year (around 30% retention rate)....there is no salary

Interview Questions

• Get ready for swearing during the interview process...   8 Answers

No future for sales people. The company is solid but besides the CEO's they are full of it. Watch out!

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpotOn.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a call time with recruiter. I responded back and confirmed a time and date via email. I never received a call or explanation why the call never occurred. I thought that they could've been more professional.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SpotOn.

Interview

The whole interview process was relatively easy. We had a phone interview then afterward we set up another the next day. It was extremely fast. The entire process only lasted 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay this is a commision only job?   1 Answer