St. Jude Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. There was one interview and I was offered the position a week later. This process was very quick and the interview was pretty easy when compared to others.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you about the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was done by the recruiter and I was able to get within the salary range I originally requested.

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was long and confusing. Not a lot of transparency regarding application status making it hard to find out what was going on at any point of time. Interviewers were not very knowledgeable about the job description and were unable to field many important questions.

Interview Questions

• How many windows are in New york city? Describe how you would come to this conclusion.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They ask a lot of interview questions. your weaknesses? your skills? pretty straightforward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

This is a very conservative company. They want you to be working on old technologies and even the upper management agreed on this.

Interview Questions

• Have you had conflicts with other co-workers?   Answer Question
    • What had you learnt in the past that motivated you to be an Engineer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview

Follows the typical industry standard, that is, HR interview to manager interview to group interview to peer interview and etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Slightly technical about basic java concepts. Went over resume and previous experience a little bit. Slightly technical about basic java concepts. Went over resume and previous experience a little bit. Slightly technical about basic java concepts. Went over resume and previous experience a little bit. Slightly technical about basic java concepts. Went over resume and previous experience a little bit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical in May 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with 3 folks, followed by on site interview, hiring manager and another QA manager took for lunch interview and then back at job site to meet individually with 6 members of the team- architect, QA engineers, QA manager, project manager, QA team lead.
    Couple of members of the team worked from different location so they were conferenced in.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in next 5 years.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews; 1st phone interview with HR recruiter, 2nd phone interview with managers (30 minutes each) and 3rd in-person with several managers and directors. Total time from initial application to final interview took almost two months. HR recruiter communicated sufficiently throughout that timeline. Changes in hiring needs led to a delay after interview to job offer, but recruiter kept in touch.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult but were pretty detailed. I was asked about the research development process and how I handled difficult situations. The only unexpected question asked about how I have improved a process in my current position. I was able to answer but should have prepared for that type of question.   Answer Question

Clinical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2009.

Interview

The interviewer seemed to have some type of strange hidden agenda dealing with product promotion. I have a good deal of knowledge of what I would be doing because I have worked with the clinical support people for years. I didn't feel too bad when I found out that he had turned all 12 persons down that interviewed.The recruiters were left scratching their heads as well. In the end glad I didn't get the job not sure what this person would be like to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would I promote the product to family practice docs.   1 Answer

Clinical Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Sylmar, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty straightfoward. Initially, the hiring manager goes through your resume and then speaks to you over the phone. If you pass that, you go in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview usually consists of a presentation and several 1:1 interviews with various managers to see where you will be a good fit and if you are a good fit. Overall, extremely friendly and nice people.

Interview Questions

• Some about transforms (fourier, etc)   Answer Question
    • Some about riddle based more about logical thinking and the process of problem-solving   Answer Question