Storm8 Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 79 of over 79 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Storm8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Storm8 (Palo Alto, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

I was first contacted by email for a phone interview. They were very professional and friendly. They later asked me back for a team interview 2 weeks later. Each of these were 1 hour with different team members. They were the most friendly and respectful people I've ever interviewed with. They really made an effort to make you comfortable and were genuinely interested in your responses and your own feedback. I did not get an offer, but I can understand it's a competitive world. I still really appreciated their friendly professionalism during the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths and weakness during a project?
    Answer Question

Storm8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Storm8

Interview

1st interview was supposed to be 15 min (more like less than 10) and very poor and unprofessional. Complained to HR, and they set me up for an hour interview which was ridiculous and a waste of time. After telling me the range of pay for the position and asking me what I would prefer, I answered. The interviewer then had the audacity to ask me if I could accept a lower pay after she explained some of the perks they offer? What did you ask me and give me a range for then ? Overall the whole experience was a joke. Probably dodged a bullet. Just know they have a 2.7 Star rating on google for a reason.

Interview Questions
  • On the second (hour long) interview you'll be asked 2 questions that are exactly the same. The only difference is that they changed the title of the game.

Storm8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Storm8

Interview

First, phone screening interview with HR. Second, phone interview with Account Manager for 15 min. Next onsite with Accounting team. I met Account Manager and Senior Accountant for about 30 min each.

Interview Questions
  • Accounting work experience. Strength and and weakness. whether I played one of their games.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Storm8 (Redwood City, CA) in Aug 2017

Interview

Joke of an interview. The recruiter dodged an important question and the her questions made no sense. I was also accused of making an error with the scheduling of the phone interview which was incorrect and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • If a feature was discontinued by engineering with no notice to the customers, do you think it was the right move?
  • If a user got 2000 bonus dogs when would you contact engineering?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Storm8 (Redwood Shores, CA)

Interview

Recruiter was prompt and informative, facilitating initial phone interviews. Gathered feedback swiftly leading to in-person interview sessions on-site. Staff were friendly and highly competent. They demonstrated a great path forward for the company.

Interview Questions
  • How would you improve interactions between different working groups based on potential communication problems?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Storm8 (Redwood City, CA) in Jan 2017

Interview

I was interviewed by a so-called "silicon veteran" who used to work in a larger company before. He was generally nice but uncomfortably stringent about my answers to his questions. When I provided with a correct (or close enough to "correct") answer to his business question, he did not intend to show any signs of encouragement. Quite the opposite, he seemed to disagree with me whereas my answer had EXACTLY the same meaning to his words. He ended the interview halfway with a giggly laugh and a sudden hang up, suggesting that my reply to one of his questions was a joke or somewhat entertaining to him. Would you please have some respect Okay? Storm8 is not one of the top tier gaming companies in Bay Area I'm pretty sure, so I don't believe having a condescending personality is the best self-identification as an interviewer from this company.

Interview Questions
  • What is the first thing do you check in the database while you see a drop-off at revenue?
1 person found this interview helpful

Storm8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Storm8 in Mar 2016

Interview

Started off with the typical phone interview screening with a recruiter to assess skills, personality, goals, etc. Because this position fell under the User Acquisition (pseudo-marketing) team, there was a project assigned to evaluate candidacy. I had 3 days to create a storyboard sequence that tested for commercialization, acquiring more players, demographics, and [social]media. After reviewing the project, the department manager agreed to have a phone interview with me. From the start, it did not feel like we really 'clicked' during our conversation and certainly fell like the decision & my fate were determined before the interview really got started. After that phone-call, I did not receive any response, feedback, or notification regarding the position or candidacy from Storm8, which I feel is a bit unprofessional especially for such a highly rated company.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about working in the mobile gaming industry?
1 person found this interview helpful

Storm8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Storm8 in Mar 2016

Interview

I applied online and got a response within a few days. I spoke at length with the in-house recruiter. She was very professional and knowledgeable. Talked to the in-house recruiter. A few days later I had a 1-hour conversation with the CEO.

Interview Questions
  • This was more of a brain-drain than an interview. The CEO seemed to be fishing for a strategy. to save his company. The same position has been posted for over a year. I have a feeling I was just one of many the CEO spoke to hoping to figure out what to do. The last few months have been filled with rumors of people leaving. Last week they had a 50% RIF. It all makes sense now. Too bad... there are talented people at Storm8.

Storm8

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Storm8

Interview

The first stages of interview were fine. I enjoyed speaking with the artists and solving art problems, but then it got weird. Very long 4 to 5 hour interview. One team in particular asked me what my tolerance level was and told me they would curse and be politically incorrect and I better be ok with it. Horribly unprofessional in an interview. They didn't ask any real questions about skills and instead pried into my personal life. The final bit of interview with management was going well until I expressed interest with working with them and management offered me a salary more than 50% below the area going rate for my position. This reeks of predatory behavior. I actually was going to walk when they doubled the base pay. If you don't negotiate like a shark they'll happily destroy you. I felt they gave me the low offer because I'm a woman. I took the job, but the red flags were good warnings I should have heeded.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Storm8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Storm8

Interview

The interviewer called in and asked some basic resume based questions. The Interviewe said that the battery was dying out and was on the way to work and would call me back. The interviewer called me back after 20-25 minutes and then gave a coderpad problem. I was halfway through it and there was only 5 mins left, was asked whether i had any questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Interviews