Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Sungard Availability Services

2.9

Sort:

Interview

Lengthy and sporadic, but on the whole professional in approach and tone. Met with several peer and senior members of the CS organization. Compensation negotiations were handled in a professional way.

Learning & Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services in April 2018.

Interview

Starts with a phone screen with recruiter, then moves onto phone interview with hiring manager and finally an in-person interview. The recruiter put a negative spin on the process and encouraged me to not pursue the position. I would not suggest applying here.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Salesforce training experience? Because we can end the call right now if you don't have Salesforce experience.   1 Answer
    • Did you read the job description of just blindly apply?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (San Ramon, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with an Engineering Manager. Asked about previous projects I had worked on and had me explain the various technical aspects of each of them. No coding questions.

Was then brought on-site for a round of interviews with members of each team looking for interns. Each interview was short - no more than 30 minutes. Was asked to write code by only 1 interviewer - the rest mostly wanted to know what projects I worked on in school.

Interview Questions

• None - all of the questions were straightforward and easy to understand and answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

Started with a phone screen and ended with a moderate length in person interview. Was interviewed by the architects at the time. Nothing fancy, pretty straightforward. The interviewers were relaxed, no pressure and no air of arrogance or superiority.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (San Antonio, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

The interviewers were entirely phone-based, which is fine as the role is work-from-home. Scheduling the interviews was messy as each call needed to be coordinated with a recruiter and need to meet multiple time zones across the US. It was never clear who was hosting the next call, making it a challenging understand what role was being represented. A couple calls were missed entirely on their end due to miscommunication between Sungard AS and the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on a deep understanding of protocols and open to conversation in exploring answers.   Answer Question

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You go through data center security gate and give id then walk up to the suite for Sungard AS. You take a seat in conference room and here is where the interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about you previous jobs and what did you accomplish there. Then the rest of the questions are about how you showed Sungard AS values at previous jobs. He went through the Sungard AS values and a response on the need to be given.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

Hired through an agency. Had 2 interviews, one with hiring manager and the other with the SVP.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Call with the future manager first, followed by multi-person interview with the team. Face to face interview with the manager again. Some skill/personality questions and a brain-teaser to see thinking process. It surprised me to interview with five future coworkers at once, but was useful to get a sense of the people I'd be working with.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

Human resources reached to me a few days after I applied. First, there was a brief phone interview with the HR coordinator about my interest. Then, there were two brief interviews with managers from the accounting department. The questions were geared towards the resume and interest in the position.

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

Everything is done over the phone. The process is easy as none of the interviewers seem technical. HR takes forever to complete the deal once selected. There are multiple simple phone interviews. They seem desperate to get any candidates with experience so if you know stuff you are good to go. Always ask for an extra weeks vacation you will get it. Ask for a higher end salary they are desperate for employees due to their awful reputation for treating engineers poorly.