Synchronoss Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synchronoss Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2018

2.8

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

Usual process, HR set up phone interview, which was followed by face to face with the manager and team lead. Not very formal. Talked about the position and expectations and process.

Interview Questions

• How would you test the address fields in a web application?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bridgewater, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

Contacted via LinkedIn by an internal recruiter. Very engaging, good story, was forthcoming about pros and cons for the most part. I was up front about compensation expectations and was assured that despite my requirements being on the high end, I was within their range. Note that I had noted same role online with base compensation below my range. Up until this point, no expectations gap during process. After decent interview experience, was advised shortly thereafter that there were budget constraints and hire was being put on hold. Within a week after being advised of this, job was being advertised again within similar compensation guidance.

Interview Questions

Interview

they took test and three interviews. First level is to clear test which includes 7 questions. Next two developer and one lead or architect will take interview. They will ask about background details, technical and domain related questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5-6 people; they mostly asked questions related to work mentioned in my resume. Was a pretty straightforward interview. Everyone on the team interviewed me and later I also had a phone interview with a senior resource who was offsite.

Interview Questions

• They asked about IVR and my experience in writing requirements for IVR.   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

Weird interviewer. First of all this person had a very bad accent and I was unable to follow him at all, then he starts asking me all sort of "trick" questions in Java some being very basic for a Sr. level engineer that I was. I provided basic answers for basic questions and asked him if there was some scenario that he was looking for or what he wanted to test me on. It seems like he was expecting me to just memorize everything from the text and tell him everything as it's supposed to be memorized. I specifically asked him what kind of detail he wanted with what he asked me but he was sort of behaving like I was not good enough or I did not know. Also, one of the reasons they said they didn't like me was that I didn't have any Big Data experience when I did not even have 1 word of that on my resume. WEIRD!

Interview Questions

• Some Java/Shell scripting related question which wasn't asked properly and was made to believe I don't know what I was talking about.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synchronoss in February 2017.

Interview

I was selected for an initial telephonic interview and had scheduled the day post the email from HR. On the day of the interview the HR did not call up, I did wait for 30 mins post which I tried to reach out to the HR but the call was routed to voicemail in which I did leave a message. No response after a week and still waiting. I sent a second email to the HR to know the status and the HR cited due to a busy schedule he/she could not reach out to me and offered to schedule an interview the following week. The same scenario replayed the next week where the HR did not reach out at all.

Senior Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

First was a call with their internal recruiter to find out about the company and see if I would want to move forward with a initial technical phone interview. The technical phone was question after question about Android SDK, threads, services, activity lifecycle, async threads and alternatives (lots here). SQL storage, content providers etc... so if you have been programming in Android for a few years you should have no trouble. In the end I was rejected because their engineering manager said I had mostly experience building apps from the ground up and no "legacy code experience"....huh? Thats a first for me. Most companies WANT experience building apps from the ground up. The recruiter should have vetted me on that requirement before wasting my time. So I probably I dodged a bullet because they have one old app with 20 devs working on it...so the new guy would most likely be working on some old legacy spaghetti code trying to make sense of it....based on the reviews here for Synchronoss that makes sense.

Interview Questions

• How do content providers work (with regards to saving and retrieving SQL data)   Answer Question

Synchronoss Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your interview with us. We take our candidate experience to heart, and are very sorry to hear that your time with us did not meet your... More

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synchronoss in January 2017.

Interview

It was very casual, and it was very generic. The interview process began by talking about myself, and what I wanted to do. Then it went into the interview questions, and we had time at the end to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Q. If you are put in a group what role would you play in the team?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

Based on the reviews I have read here it seems this company is polarizing--either the interview process is positive or negative and the job experience the same. My experience falls into the less-than-awesome category.

I applied online and was contacted within a couple hours. Phone screener seemed congenial and well-versed in the company. Discussion went over an hour, which I thought a little excessive. Convinced me to speak with a manager-level resource who could answer the questions I had. I was on the fence about continuing based on the discussion and the reviews I was reading while talking to the recruiter. My fault for not doing my homework prior to applying. I did want to keep an open mind and have my own experience, however.

Had about an hour phone convo which seemed to go well enough. Agreed to talk to someone else via phone. That conversation was okay, not compelling either way. Agreed to come in for an interview.

Interviewed onsite with various people with whom I would be interacting. The sessions were rushed due to seemingly poor scheduling. Questions were situational. Could not get a read on the folks or an accurate take on what they were looking for in the incumbent. Really had doubts about the company--seemed to be a bit disorganized. But they are also an upstart, so I was willing to look past that for an the opportunity which seemed like a good challenge and a chance for growth.

One individual seemed ready to hand me a laptop and get me to work. Another kept checking e-mail and was openly complaining about resources. After meeting with multiple people I left not really knowing where I stood. I also was mixed about whether I could really work with these folks.

Was never contacted, even after following up with the recruiter post-interview. Figured being ghosted was for the better. My opinion, heed the reviews advising you to run in the opposite direction. But you do what you feel is right for you.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bridgewater, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Overview: Applied online, initial phone screen, round 1 in-person interviews, round 2 in-person interviews, follow-up call, offer, follow-up

The initial phone screen was short and sweet, yet conversational. The recruiter touched on all of the necessities, the location, the company, the team, and the highlights of the role. He did a great job summing up the company but more importantly, emphasizing the growth the company had seen and was continuing to see.

The first round of in-person interviews was with a second recruiter and the Director of Recruitment. The first interview was unconventional and refreshing. It was 100% conversational but I still left feeling like I got to know the company and they got to know me. Next up, I met with the Director who shared his vision for the Talent Acquisition team, which communicated to me that they were excited to have momentum behind a growing team and to have a new addition.

My second round of in-person interviews went very similarly to the first. I met with the recruiter I initially spoke to as well as the Executive Vice President of Human Resources. Once again, the interviews were conversational, genuine and candid. The message of growth continued to come across, it was good to hear a unified message.

After I received an offer, one of the recruiters and the Director reached out to me. It was a nice touch, it demonstrated that they were excited to have me on board, they weren't just looking for a body in a seat.

At the end of the day, it was the vibe that I got from each of the four different people I met with and spoke to that stuck out. They each put their own personal touch on the interview process which can be the biggest differentiator to a candidate.

Interview Questions

• "What do you want to know?"

Usually this is how an interview ends, but in the case of Synchronoss, this was how my interview began. It set an awesome, comfortable, conversational tone for the entire interview.   Answer Question