Synchronoss Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bethlehem, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

Hi,

I had a telephonic interview- I was interviewing for a J2EE Developer position.

The Phone interview covered everything for a J2EE Developer/

HTML, JavaScript, Java, Servlets, XML, Application Servers(Basic), Build Tools, Oracle (SQL Queries) etc.

XML, XSL, XSLT was the major player in the telephonic along with Parsing of XML in Java
    The in-person interview was with 5 people.

1 Group interview with 2 people
    3- individual interviews.

Again I was asked more with respect to XML, XSL, XSLT some SQL Queries,

RMI, CORBA etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy to medium interview process. You should definitely be able to code. Practical interview questions through multiple people in the company. Be prepared with what you have worked on already and that is on your resume.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one onsite. Onsite is short, only interviewed by three team leads, architect, manager, and project owner. The decision process is long; had to push the recruiter multiple times for a final decision.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bridgewater, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Core Java, Threads, Fundamentals, Spring, Hibernate 2 rounds telephonic and face to face,Collections, Threads, Weblogic Core Java, Threads, Fundamentals, Spring, Hibernate 2 rounds telephonic and face to face,Collections, Threads, Weblogic

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was positive and the team interviewing were knowledgable. It was a good conversation. A lot of relatively standard questions, although some did probe a little deeper. Most of the questions were technical although there were a few sitautional and how I have interacted with customers.

The office in Seattle appeared small with a small team - the way I like it.

Interview Questions

• Multiple chef and python scripting questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Easy and simple. Straightforward questions. No technical round for me. The HR only asked behavioral questions. Such as college projects, courses, why join this firm, why this role, etc.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

At first I took a very easy test on how to fill out and submit an Excel spreadsheet. Then I interviewed with the recruiter for the general population of employees and after I finished that interview I interviewed with the department head for IT.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synchronoss.

Interview

Based on the reviews I have read here it seems this company is polarizing--either the interview process is positive or negative and the job experience the same. My experience falls into the less-than-awesome category.

I applied online and was contacted within a couple hours. Phone screener seemed congenial and well-versed in the company. Discussion went over an hour, which I thought a little excessive. Convinced me to speak with a manager-level resource who could answer the questions I had. I was on the fence about continuing based on the discussion and the reviews I was reading while talking to the recruiter. My fault for not doing my homework prior to applying. I did want to keep an open mind and have my own experience, however.

Had about an hour phone convo which seemed to go well enough. Agreed to talk to someone else via phone. That conversation was okay, not compelling either way. Agreed to come in for an interview.

Interviewed onsite with various people with whom I would be interacting. The sessions were rushed due to seemingly poor scheduling. Questions were situational. Could not get a read on the folks or an accurate take on what they were looking for in the incumbent. Really had doubts about the company--seemed to be a bit disorganized. But they are also an upstart, so I was willing to look past that for an the opportunity which seemed like a good challenge and a chance for growth.

One individual seemed ready to hand me a laptop and get me to work. Another kept checking e-mail and was openly complaining about resources. After meeting with multiple people I left not really knowing where I stood. I also was mixed about whether I could really work with these folks.

Was never contacted, even after following up with the recruiter post-interview. Figured being ghosted was for the better. My opinion, heed the reviews advising you to run in the opposite direction. But you do what you feel is right for you.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synchronoss in February 2017.

Interview

I was selected for an initial telephonic interview and had scheduled the day post the email from HR. On the day of the interview the HR did not call up, I did wait for 30 mins post which I tried to reach out to the HR but the call was routed to voicemail in which I did leave a message. No response after a week and still waiting. I sent a second email to the HR to know the status and the HR cited due to a busy schedule he/she could not reach out to me and offered to schedule an interview the following week. The same scenario replayed the next week where the HR did not reach out at all.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synchronoss (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was quick. Two phone screens and one in-person interview. The interview was a group interview mostly focused around Linux CLI knowledge and troubleshooting logic, rather than specific technologies. However, because I specified I knew Perl, they did add Perl questions in.

Interview Questions

• There is a file on the root of a drive called "-rf /". How would you remove this?   1 Answer
    • A machine is saying that its disk is full, but when you run "df" you can see that the drive is not filled up. What else could be the problem?   1 Answer