Synechron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Synechron Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.1

JA BA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synechron.

Interview

The interview process was laid back with easy questions. Interviewer did not have much knowledge to the training or job to the job day to day aspect. It would have been helpful to know since I am now writing this review unhappy with my position in said company.

Interview Questions

• If you could time travel anywhere in time, forward or backward, who would you interview and what would you ask them?   Answer Question

Software QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Synechron (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

When I came for the interview on Friday afternoon there was empty and very quiet in the office and nobody from management. Only several students were there. The office looked very cool and modern. Instead of a manager who was supposed to interview me, I have been interviewed by 4 different people who came to me one by one and because of that, I had to start my story all over again. I was confused because of what was going on there and it was completely different from what my colleague told me. I wish I was prepared better.

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synechron.

Interview

Worst interview ever. Terrible interview, they asked straight specific technical questions. They are disorganized and jump straight to terrible technical questions. I had trouble understanding the interviewer and the questions kept getting more specific

Front End Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synechron in March 2017.

Interview

First, I put down that the interview is very hard, but that is just in the ridiculous amount of time they expect you to commit. The stuff is easy, it just takes a while to build a full stack web app.

Prior to a phone call interview, I was screened by some recruiter. She stated the job was in NYC or North Carolina and paid $45k/yr. She asked if I would be okay with that. I said sure, depending on what the work week looked like and whether that was adjusted for the cost of living in New York. She said she didn't know what the work week looked like, how many hours it was, or if cost of living due to geo location was taken into account. I told her that was fine, and that we could always address that should I decide to take the position.

For the actual phone interview I was asked about 20 disjointed questions about HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript. Mainly just to define what things were. Things most developers that I know (myself included) don't really memorize. I just looked them up as I was on the phone.

They thanked me for my time and said they would email regarding next steps should they decide to continue to consider me for the position. They then emailed me an "assignment":
    Build a library web app that stores information in a database managed by a server side tech (java, python, ruby, .net, node.js, or php) through APIs to a HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript built AngularJS component structured frontend. The site has to fully execute all aspects of CRUD and be complete with all relevant formatting, data-validation, etc. They gave me 3 days to complete it.

By this point, I had decided I wouldn't work for them if they offered me a position. The emails and instructions read like they were written by an ESL student (which, based on the phone interview, they probably were). Not only the disjointed interview process, but also the size of the "assignment" was just weird. Never have I been asked to build a whole web app for a job interview. I mean, that is why I have a portfolio site and github account.

However, I had some time off and a good library of previous projects and code to pull from, so I put it together and sent it to them yesterday. Not the code, just the AWS hosted website. It just felt too much like they were asking me to do a job for free.

Who would work for 1/2 to 2/3 of what almost every other company is paying to work for a company that has no respect for a work-life balance or any idea of what it cost to live in NYC, NY?

Interview Questions

• In HTML5 what is the difference between an article element and a section element and how are they structured?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite tool for coding?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synechron (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview scheduled after a week of Resume submission. However no one called up or no response from HR on followup.
    I was again contacted for same position. Another Skype interview was scheduled a few days later and the interviewer was different the other time. I had already given idea about the situation that no one called up for phone interview at given time earlier.
    This time the HR made sure that the interviewer should contact me on given time. However it was started 30 minutes late. It went well.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synechron.

Interview

The whole process took about 70 days. Recruiters repeatedly failed to meet their own deadlines to make hiring decisions. Even though I made it to the last of several rounds of interviews and reached out to recruiters asking for confirmation, they would not contact me in the end to confirm that I would not be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Agile Software Development Lifecycle.   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synechron (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First, they failed in time management call started 55mins late. And next, he doesn't have must time to take the interview. He so hurried in asking questions, and he is not even let me complete my answer. Maybe I am not answering it correctly, but they need let me respond to questions. Finally, he asked me when I did my education and telling me where I stand. Atrocious behavior. Everyone are not born talented. People will choose directions to succeed, and they will try all possible ways.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Synechron (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially, Synechron reached out to me for hire and I conveyed my interest. After, I received an email with a form to fill out and two tests - one was an aptitude test and the other was a personality test. Once I completed all the necessary forms and tests, the recruiter scheduled a phone interview with.

The phone interview was about 15-20 minutes long and consisted of standard questions you'd expect to be asked and also consisted of questions pertaining to your resume. After the phone interview, the recruiter said she would like to move forward and schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was also 15-20 minutes and was simply more questions about my resume and then an overview of what the Junior Associates Program is and seeks to accomplish.

Two days later, I received a call offering me the position. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a structured or unstructured environment?   1 Answer

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process has 3 rounds with different levels of consultants interviewing you.
    The consultants are very friendly and put you at ease while chatting with you. They ask competency and experience related questions.
    They try to test your logical thinking and also ask you some behavioral questions.
    Be prepared to have a good understanding of the kind of consulting Synechron does. It is not the same as MBB but does give you a great exposure to advisory and project management for financial services.

Interview Questions

• Why Synechron?
      Why Consulting?
      Target Operating Model questions   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synechron (Paterson, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me by phone, and we talked about my experience. After the talk, she set up a phone interview with an employee from Synechron. The employee also asked about my experience, but he also asked a couple basic programming questions about JavaScript. After the phone interview, the recruiter called to me to let me know the employee would like to set up an in-person on-side interview. At the onsite interview, the employee mainly told me what I would be working with, and he asked me a few more programming questions. Three or four days after the in-person interview, the recruiter called to let me know they would be extending an offer and that I would be starting on the first of January. She asked me to fill out a lot of personal information (including ssn). It has been a week (and five days before the first), and I haven't heard anything else from them.

Interview Questions

• What does the JavaScript function splice do?   1 Answer