TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TIAA

2.9

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (San Mateo, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

took about 5 hours. talked to 4 different personnel. decision maker met last. nice reception staff. lunch hour provided. got lunch across the street. interview was easy. just talked about what you have done before and how it relates to current position. simply conversations. not particularly hard questions.

Phone Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with a recruiter, then I went over on a Saturday morning for an in person interview with a manager. The manager knew someone I knew so we talked about that a bit. It was the standard behavioral interview with customer focused questions. I got an offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

I was already doing a phone job and though it paid more, I would have had to stay in that position for 18 months. I have an advanced degree and to be tied to the phone for that long was not something I wanted.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

LinkedIn Contact got my resume in front of Recruiter. Then had phone Intv with recruiter and two more with team of 3 managers and Director. Offer came shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Compare your current company to this company.   1 Answer

Associate Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TIAA in June 2015.

Interview

Began the process in June with a phone interview. I was told that they believed I would be a great fit for the program, and that it would begin in September. Followed the phone interview with a f2f, and an online assessment. Communication seized at a point, after following-up to find out where I was along the process, I was told that the program had already started in June, and that if still interested, I could start next year. I wasted 2 months pursuing a program which they failed to tell me had already started. The company is great, but the on boarding process is terrible.

Associate Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA in January 2016.

Interview

First Interview over the phone asking general and specific questions about my background. Second Interview in person. In the second interview they are asking some of the same questions from the first interview, but they will get more into your client relationships and how you work with them.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for TIAA? What motivates you? How do you spend your time on a weekly basis? What type of role are you looking for? Tell me about how your worked with a recent prospect.   Answer Question

Associate Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA in December 2018.

Interview

Had an initial call with a recruiter, which went well. She provided a brief background on the position, salary expectations, and next steps for an interview with the hiring manager. She mentioned she had sent my information to the hiring manager prior to the interview and that she would follow-up with me on what day/time for the next interview. I sent a "thank you" email to her the following day and she let me know that the manager was on vacation, but will be in touch with feedback and more info on the next interview. The following business day, I received a system generated email from the recruiter that I was no longer under consideration.

Not sure what transpired, but this was very unprofessional by the recruiter and in my opinion, a poor representation of the company. There seems to be a lot of negative reviews on the culture at TIAA so I would never consider looking at any future opportunities based on this experience and the employee reviews (a recent lawsuit doesn't help, too). Also, I had asked the recruiter some basic questions about the benefits at TIAA and stumped her on each one. She mentioned she was contracted by TIAA and was recently hired as a full-time employee so it's possible she was a new recruiter with little experience. Again, a bad sign if your recruiters can't answer basic questions about the company they work for and are tasked with reviewing applicants.

I was able to get a good sense on the compensation structure, which is good intelligence for someone considering a career change. I'm in no rush to change jobs, but it's always good to know what other companies are paying so glad I applied.

Interview Questions

• What is your client base like? Why do you want to work for TIAA? Are you licensed?   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screens (3).

Interview Questions

• Manager was confrontational about specific aspects of technology. Specific question around a "Search Engine" in which manager stated "expert knowledge" on how it worked. However, having known the authors that designed it, I disagreed. Manager was immediately upset that anyone would question his knowledge. This is a trend - the same position has been open for 4 years now.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with talent aquistion, interview was with two hiring managers. took about 2 or three weeks. There were two rounds first round was with hiring managers, second round was with team members

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

The interview process was welcoming and friendly. The questions were relevant to the position and standard. It was a team interview with 2 managers. There were 2 rounds of interviews and feedback was provided after each interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you were challenged.   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter then an in-person interview with two of my would-be managers/team leads. They asked a serious of open-ended questions about my experience and requested specific examples demonstrating positive behaviors.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a client   Answer Question