TIAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.9

Risk Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviewers.Skype Interview. Nice people, pretty straight forward. Simply questions. Go through your resume and whats your interests. I received a call after roughly one month. HR called me and telling me the result.

IFS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

on campus interview with 2 senior managers. was told there was a next round after the interview and ended up getting the offer 3 weeks or so later. very straightforward, all behavioral, fit based, good people, easy process

Interview Questions

• all behavioral; tell me a time when you received ambiguous instructions? why tiaa? what do you know about tiaa?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Great internal recruiter - very friendly and went straight to the point. Targeted how specific job requirements aligned to my background. Described in detail the expectations of the hiring manager and requested details of my job experience that matched those expectations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

The interview was mostly situational. Many questions about how you would hypothetically respond to certain situations. But, it was very relaxing. I would not hesitate to refer this company to others

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client became irate and demanded a manager?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied and a few days later received a call from a recruiter for a phone interview. After that, had one more phone interview and then was offered the job.

Corporate Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

Resume screening, phone interview, and then in person meeting. The phone interview is not technical at all. all behavioral questions, and if you're coming from a banking background, they will most likely to ask you why you're making the move from the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from investment banking to a corporate job?   Answer Question

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TIAA (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a video interview where you would be asked certain company and job related questions. Followed by a series of questions to test certain cognitive functions. Also what seemed like an aptitude test. I would recommend for anyone to take an hour or two to finish the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Call + Video Conference Call, majority behavioral + a few in-depth questions on prior work experience. Just be a good person and have a decent personality that is enthusiastic about the work and you should be fine.

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Hiring manager spoke mostly about who they were and not who I am or what I am trying to accomplish in my career. Description is very different from what website says. Not attractive as it looks on paper. Hiring is a two way street, there should be a healthy conversation and not a lecture during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about about why we should hire you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TIAA.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter regarding the position I had applied for. I found the recruiter to be very pushy and unpleasant. Straight off, he said he could tell I was nervous (aren't most people?) and demanded I stop being nervous. He grilled me on job duties I had done more than a decade ago (that had nothing to do with the job I was interviewing for) and when I couldn't give specific examples on situations as I couldn't remember back that far, he got very irritated. He said the hiring manager would be even more demanding than he was, so I better spend time trying to remember every task I had done for every job I had ever had and be prepared to give very long and specific examples for each task. He said I was very poor at doing phone interviews and basically implied that it's a good thing I had him as my savior to help "coach" me on how to interview. Interesting, since I've gotten plenty of jobs with my style of interviewing and most people would probably be put off by any recruiter who acted like him.

The recruiter emailed me about a week later stating the hiring manager wanted to meet and the recruiter wanted to have a call with me before that to make sure I was prepared to interview his way. No thanks. I declined both the call and in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask anything that is normally asked. He made demanding statements more than anything.   Answer Question