TMC Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at TMC Transportation

Driver Class A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation in May 2017.

Interview

Emails and phone calls with recruiter, slow and not personalized. Recruiter could never remeber who I was and what we had talked about. Said I could start any Monday, as such gave notice to my employer and ended my employment. Then I got notice that my application was not accepted by email, no phone call nor was an explanation given. I am a veteran with an honorable discharge with preferences, good credit, good work history, college degree and no criminal record.

I have passed 10 year background DOT checks numerous times, to include having a secret DOD security clearance. So, Im not sure if im being discriminated against for my age, education, or for being a preference veteran. The recruiter had no empathy, applogy that they put me in an unemployment situation, and failed to do her job to get a well qualified applicant hired.

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Des Moines, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

It's a week long orientation and interview, so they did good at weeding out drivers with poor attitudes or bad records. So it would be better to tell them up front about everything you can and then be prepared to spend a week under the microscope. Not really a personally interview where you are questioned directly

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't personal questions that you had to answer directly.   1 Answer

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Tulsa, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

Very professional and structured. Impressed with the sincerity and honesty everyone displayed during the phone and in-person interviews. Usually a trucking company HR group can be cold and have an "un-caring" attitude toward potential drivers. That was not the case with my experience with TMC. It is undoubtedly a big part of the reason they are considered one of the very best flatbed trucking transportation companies in North America.

Interview Questions

• How are you with meeting deadlines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. All new drives start at the same pay scale based on performance.

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TMC Transportation.

Interview

1 interview on the phone then a in person interview not very hard at all

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a better salary then advertised and insurance at day one due to my experience