TMC Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TMC Transportation

2.5

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Des Moines, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

It's a week long orientation and interview, so they did good at weeding out drivers with poor attitudes or bad records. So it would be better to tell them up front about everything you can and then be prepared to spend a week under the microscope. Not really a personally interview where you are questioned directly

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't personal questions that you had to answer directly.   1 Answer

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Tulsa, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

Very professional and structured. Impressed with the sincerity and honesty everyone displayed during the phone and in-person interviews. Usually a trucking company HR group can be cold and have an "un-caring" attitude toward potential drivers. That was not the case with my experience with TMC. It is undoubtedly a big part of the reason they are considered one of the very best flatbed trucking transportation companies in North America.

Interview Questions

• How are you with meeting deadlines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. All new drives start at the same pay scale based on performance.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

The process began at a career fair at my college. I gave my resume to a recruiter and they followed up with me a couple of days later. Process was overall very quick and I was in for an interview a couple of days after. During the interview, the manager that interviewed me said something around the lines of this - We pride ourselves on responding to our applicants quickly, and will hear back from us whatever the result my be in a couple of days.

It has now been over a month, and still have not heard anything. Have followed up with the recruiter, as well as one of the individuals who interviewed me - Nothing. If someone isn't a good fit, that is understandable; however, it is inexcusable for a company to say that they will get back to you and then not follow through.

Interview Questions

• Can you touch on some of the volunteer experience that you have?   Answer Question

Carrier Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was it seld was very smooth. Everyone was very friendly and genuine. Two individuals conduct the interview at the same time but make very it comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Can you adapt well and fast to new job functions and duties   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Ames, IA) in February 2018.

Interview

Met them at a school career fair. You had to impress them to give you a interview time slot. At the interview you were asked questions about your work ethic and the interviews were typically 35mins. The interview was informative and did not feel any pressure.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based about personality, what your work ethic is and your experiences.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Naperville, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call and then an onsite interview a couple months later when I was in town. People were fun and easy to talk to, and interview went pretty short. got the interview on the spot!

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TMC Transportation.

Interview

1 interview on the phone then a in person interview not very hard at all

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a better salary then advertised and insurance at day one due to my experience

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Naperville, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

It began with a brief phone interview from the HR office in the corporate HQ, followed by, resume submission, after which I was invited to in person interview with manager for the local office

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to leave my current position to return to freight business.   1 Answer

Freight Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownsburg, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Brownsburg, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

Simple questions, relaxed. At the time, I was being interviewed by a laid back individual, and I shadowed a sales rep during my interview. Nowadays, I'm sure you'll be asked about 6500 questions on what motivates you.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMC Transportation (Des Moines, IA) in August 2012.

Interview

The two week orintation was long and hard, they are friendly people when they are trainning you. There was no interview process you either passed or failed at oriantaion.