Terminix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Terminix Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2018

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I arrived at the Tampa location on time.

But I had to wait in a lobby. And waited. And waited.

The doors to the offices were locked, so I couldn't open any door to announce I was there.

A few people walked by and made eye contact with me, through the glass.
    I waived to them. But still no one came to welcome me to the interview.

I went back to my car and called HR who called the Tampa office.

Twenty minutes after my set time, I was finally invited in.

It was so awkward, that I had already made up my mind that I didn't want the job.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Terminix (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Spoke on phone, next day face to face interview, 2 days later met with 2 corporate managers. They hired me on the spot after asking me some simple math problems.

Interview Questions

• Asking me , Why you want to work here? What do you know about Terminix? What are some of your best skills? When can you start?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix (Ventura, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was over 2 hours long listening to the sales manager tell stories, and very little about the position. They were very interested in how late I was willing to work each day.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay spending time under homes?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Took 4 weeks to get ahold of me, after the first phone interview they forgot about me, then 2 weeks later got ahold of me to finish an online assessment. Then interviewed with the local manager.

Interview Questions

• what can you tell me about yourself that i cant read on your resume?   Answer Question

Didnt feel the company was a good fit for what i was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (Portland, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty long and lots of questions, very scripted and very corporate, easy to b.s. your way through if you've got any experience. first interview is with the manager, then the service manager and we used to do ride alongs, but I guess that is no longer being done.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were set up to fail but did not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Terminix (Gaithersburg, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

after an initial phone screen, I took part in three interviews all in one day, first with a branch manager and then two other managers, but this was not a formal process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to read a brief description of a lawn service, and once I was familiar with it, role play selling that to a person on his front lawn. The questions all lead to details in the description.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (Visalia, CA).

Interview

The first part of the interview was a lot of name.a specific time when.. scenario type questions. If you are quick at coming up with specific scenarios it should be fairly easy. The second interview was all on specifics of the job like pay structure, company policies, etc.. They wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

They pretty much will hire anyone that breathes. They have new managers asking you question when they don't know the business themselves. They give you a sheet a paper and have you read it and then you try and sell that to them. You can say the wrong thing and they will still hire you.There is always someone quitting every week so turnover is very high due to lack of help from management

Planner Interview

Interview

All hiring done through on-line program. If you get past the software you may get interview. Interview is professional and formulaic. All of the expected questions, Background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix.

Interview

The interview process is good. You are asked a series of questions by a supervisor, then allowed to sit with a few reps & gain first-hand experience of day-to-day responsibilities before completing the interview process and asking any final questions. Background check and drug test are required as part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• As long as you are confident and honest in your interview and have at least basic sales skills, you have a good chance at landing the job. It is very straight-forward, and since the turnover rate is average to above-average, the company often hires more associates than necessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not a negotiating process. Inside sales starts at a flat hourly rate, plus commission.