Terminix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2018

2.3

Termite Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mendenhall, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (Mendenhall, MS) in June 2018.

Interview

Service manager called to set up interview. Started with first interview with branch manager, second interview with service manager. Both managers very knowledgable of the job applied for and how things would go. Now waiting on background check drug test and motor vehicle check.

Branch Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Received an email on 5/18/18 about setting up a call with a member of their recruiting team. Responded back same day and completed the application online. Left 2 voicemails and sent out 2 emails regarding when I was available with zero response from the recruiter who sent out the request. I would expect more professionalism from a company like Terminix.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter was unresponsive to voicemails and emails after sending my dates that they were available. Thus, no interview questions.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Terminix.

Interview

Apply online to Terminix crappy ATS system that doesnt align correctly with the questions versus the answers. Two phone interviews, both with your typical HR people who know nothing about what happens in the field. Have actual interview with Branch, where you can actually gauge the office. It took 7 weeks to hear anything back....Im not applying for a job in the secret service.

Interview Questions

• What KPI from your past employment would match up with Terminix and what would best determine the area of opportunity for the performance indicator   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Terminix (Tampa, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

In person interviews . First with a floor manager, then with the big sales manager. Both were so professional and transparent in the Tampa contact center much better quality than the former partner company I worked for within the same building.

Interview Questions

• Name a bad situation at work that you turned into a good one.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix (Glendale, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Started with a brief phone screen. If you do well, you're then invited to meet with the leadership team on site. The on-site interview is two part. First round is with a supervisor then you'll proceed to interview with the manager. The manager will have the behavioral based questions. Just remember to answer using the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me little bit about your background?
      2) Tell me about a time when a customer was angry and lost trust in the company? What did you do?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix.

Interview

Never happened. Recruiter emailed to set up a call but never called. I emailed to follow up, a day later responded we a sorry and set up another time and yet again, never happened. Sent an email inquiring and found out she set up another interview at the same time as the time she gave me. Set it up again and again never called.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terminix.

Interview

The interview process is based about 20 people in one room they tell intense but it's 20 they tell u to be yourself open and honest and basically hire u of of being yourself and not your work history. What kind of job judges people off of opinions and beliefs ? Discriminating much? And if u don't get hired make U feel like crap..Mind screw interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you are passionate about   1 Answer

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was easy common questions like why are u leaving ur current job . Why do u want to work for terminix. Are u willing to work overtime. Are u willing to work lots of Saturdays

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terminix.

Interview

Thorough interview process was very thorough. Had seven interviews in total and one of them lasted for three hours. Was first contacted by HR recruiter, had three face to face and four telephone interviews. Completed an online form with too many personal details.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Be prepared for a long interview process that starts with a phone screening followed by a interview with the branch manager, then another phone interview, then another interview with the branch manager, lastly a interview with a regional manager. It took me roughly 3 weeks to go through the whole process. After my last interview with the Regional Manager he told me to call the branch manager on Monday to see what the next steps are so he has time to meet with the branch manager. I called that Monday and the branch manager never spoke with the Regional Manager even though they were at the same location on the day I interviewed (Friday). There seems to be a lack of communication within the company. I wouldn't recommend going through the process unless you have no other options. Be prepared to be underpaid and over worked. I was told the starting pay would be about 45-50k and you are required to work a rotating schedule which involves working a 6 day work week every other week. This will equate to a minimum of 55-65 hours which you are expected to be available even when you are not working. I was told a lot of the reps are "hot headed" "strong personalities" because they know they make more than you. You will have to crawl in attics, crawl spaces, etc for long amounts of time inspecting for insects. If you are in Florida the attics can be extremely hot, so be ready to sweat! Overall, the branch manager was a nice guy and seemed to treat his employees well, but again the lack of communication makes me Leary. Also, I was told that most of the branch managers have been there a long time so do not expect to move up in the company unless you are willing to move outside of Florida.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with not having a work/life balance?   Answer Question
    • Will you be willing to work 55-65 hours per week and longer hours during peak season?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to crawl inside attics, crawl spaces, and tight areas that will be extremely hot?   Answer Question
    • What challenges do you see managing a team of outside sales reps?   Answer Question
    • How will you handle sales reps who have strong egos and know they make more money than you?   Answer Question
    • The interview process can take up to 3 weeks and 6 interviews and at any point they can say "no" to you. Are you okay with this?   Answer Question
    • This position requires you to be in the office roughly 40% in and 60% in the field are you okay with this?   Answer Question
    • This position requires you to be available even though it may be your day off because your sales reps may need your help are you okay with this?   Answer Question