Terminix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Terminix Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.2

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Terminix.

Interview

Thorough interview process was very thorough. Had seven interviews in total and one of them lasted for three hours. Was first contacted by HR recruiter, had three face to face and four telephone interviews. Completed an online form with too many personal details.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Be prepared for a long interview process that starts with a phone screening followed by a interview with the branch manager, then another phone interview, then another interview with the branch manager, lastly a interview with a regional manager. It took me roughly 3 weeks to go through the whole process. After my last interview with the Regional Manager he told me to call the branch manager on Monday to see what the next steps are so he has time to meet with the branch manager. I called that Monday and the branch manager never spoke with the Regional Manager even though they were at the same location on the day I interviewed (Friday). There seems to be a lack of communication within the company. I wouldn't recommend going through the process unless you have no other options. Be prepared to be underpaid and over worked. I was told the starting pay would be about 45-50k and you are required to work a rotating schedule which involves working a 6 day work week every other week. This will equate to a minimum of 55-65 hours which you are expected to be available even when you are not working. I was told a lot of the reps are "hot headed" "strong personalities" because they know they make more than you. You will have to crawl in attics, crawl spaces, etc for long amounts of time inspecting for insects. If you are in Florida the attics can be extremely hot, so be ready to sweat! Overall, the branch manager was a nice guy and seemed to treat his employees well, but again the lack of communication makes me Leary. Also, I was told that most of the branch managers have been there a long time so do not expect to move up in the company unless you are willing to move outside of Florida.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with not having a work/life balance?   Answer Question
    • Will you be willing to work 55-65 hours per week and longer hours during peak season?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to crawl inside attics, crawl spaces, and tight areas that will be extremely hot?   Answer Question
    • What challenges do you see managing a team of outside sales reps?   Answer Question
    • How will you handle sales reps who have strong egos and know they make more money than you?   Answer Question
    • The interview process can take up to 3 weeks and 6 interviews and at any point they can say "no" to you. Are you okay with this?   Answer Question
    • This position requires you to be in the office roughly 40% in and 60% in the field are you okay with this?   Answer Question
    • This position requires you to be available even though it may be your day off because your sales reps may need your help are you okay with this?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Terminix in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and inviting. It was highly engaging in terms of information they give you on top of open ended questions. They don't really ask you anything to try and trip you up but they do the ask straight to the point answers as well as providing the same for any of your questions. I'd encourage asking questions. They were pleased with the back and forth between us and it shows your fully invested and willing to learn more about them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What made you choose Terminix   Answer Question
    • Can you give me a time when you had to engage with an upset customer and how did you go about handling the situation   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for out of this month What would your goals be   Answer Question
    • What are some of your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix in April 2017.

Interview

Applied one day, email the same day for over the phone interview. Got an email to come in the next day for group interview. I arrived (@ 8 then left @ 10), 7 of us went in for group interview by 3 ladies that was asking the questions. They asked three total, stepped out, said they will let us know immediately. 10 min later, a lady came in & called one of us out for 2nd interview then others were called too. After 2nd interview (same day) she took us into talk to HR, they hired us all, starting pay is $13/hr. Gotta take drug test within 48 hours.... We'll start a week later...6 weeks of training M-F from 8-5pm then we work 3 ten hour days then two 5 hour days.

OSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix (Fairfield, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions, asked about working 50ish hours ( WAS NOT 50"ish" hours more like 70-75"ish") easy interview getting the interview is harder than the interview, just don't say anything dumb.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work 50ish hours a week and work every other Saturday during slow season?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I interviewed at Terminix (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview very easy relax be yourself. Don't be long winded. Try to answer questions first. Show that your not shy but if you are it is ok as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give advice to a co-worker.   1 Answer

Pest Control Tech Interview

Interview

in depth lots of hours willing to work overtime married you have kids what do you like to do away from work with the family must be clean shaven and wear boots

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (Visalia, CA).

Interview

The first part of the interview was a lot of name.a specific time when.. scenario type questions. If you are quick at coming up with specific scenarios it should be fairly easy. The second interview was all on specifics of the job like pay structure, company policies, etc.. They wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into.

Outside Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Terminix (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

A contract recruiter called from California about an outside sales position in Austin. I interviewed face to face next day with regional manager at local branch office in North Austin . I then had a phone interview with my would be direct manager two days later. The phone interview was pleasant and very conversational. It appeared to bea formality. Hr then called and asked for me to do drug and driving background checks. I was offered the job within 5 days of initial call. It would have been sooner if my schedule had availability for the phone call. All in all a smooth process and very transparent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no phase, it was straightforward and quick. Pay,responsibilities, benefits and drawbacks.

OSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix (Honolulu, HI) in September 2016.

Interview

Walked in, manager promised $100k "potetial". Did not mention that there was no fume crew and no cdl driver to ship the vikane. Also failed to mention that the process to get licensed to sell in the state would fake 7 Months to complete. I was told 1 month. manger failed to mention the companies history and horrible relutation around the world because on several occasions terminix has failed to follow protocal and safety guidmines and wound up neay killing severpeople in multiple incidnces resultig in permanant neurogical damagd to several people in Florida. And these are fecent events, past couple of years. Needless to say I would never applied
    Knowing what i know about this company and how it treats it's customers and its employees.