Terminix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Terminix Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix in April 2017.

Interview

Applied one day, email the same day for over the phone interview. Got an email to come in the next day for group interview. I arrived (@ 8 then left @ 10), 7 of us went in for group interview by 3 ladies that was asking the questions. They asked three total, stepped out, said they will let us know immediately. 10 min later, a lady came in & called one of us out for 2nd interview then others were called too. After 2nd interview (same day) she took us into talk to HR, they hired us all, starting pay is $13/hr. Gotta take drug test within 48 hours.... We'll start a week later...6 weeks of training M-F from 8-5pm then we work 3 ten hour days then two 5 hour days.

OSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Terminix (Fairfield, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions, asked about working 50ish hours ( WAS NOT 50"ish" hours more like 70-75"ish") easy interview getting the interview is harder than the interview, just don't say anything dumb.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work 50ish hours a week and work every other Saturday during slow season?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I interviewed at Terminix (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview very easy relax be yourself. Don't be long winded. Try to answer questions first. Show that your not shy but if you are it is ok as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give advice to a co-worker.   1 Answer

Pest Control Tech Interview

Interview

in depth lots of hours willing to work overtime married you have kids what do you like to do away from work with the family must be clean shaven and wear boots

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix (Visalia, CA).

Interview

The first part of the interview was a lot of name.a specific time when.. scenario type questions. If you are quick at coming up with specific scenarios it should be fairly easy. The second interview was all on specifics of the job like pay structure, company policies, etc.. They wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into.

Outside Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Terminix (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

A contract recruiter called from California about an outside sales position in Austin. I interviewed face to face next day with regional manager at local branch office in North Austin . I then had a phone interview with my would be direct manager two days later. The phone interview was pleasant and very conversational. It appeared to bea formality. Hr then called and asked for me to do drug and driving background checks. I was offered the job within 5 days of initial call. It would have been sooner if my schedule had availability for the phone call. All in all a smooth process and very transparent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no phase, it was straightforward and quick. Pay,responsibilities, benefits and drawbacks.

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Terminix.

Interview

I had a very good experience. I applied on indeed.com. Within an hour, I had a recruiter call me within 45 minutes of submitting my resume. Recruiter was very polite asked me about my background and goal. (I have ten years experience in sales, construction project management). That seemed too impress her. Then she scheduled a face to face interview with the Branch manager. Later that day a hr manager asked me several questions such as , my goals, my past experiences with customers, what I think I can do to be productive for the company. And my philosophy on customer service and sales.

The interview with branch manager went in his words perfect. I had all the right answers, and asked perfect questions and had the background he was looking for. The manager said at the end of the interview I'm forwarding your resume to the regional manager.

About a week later I had a phone interview with the regional manager. It went well the manager asked me several questions. He asked mostly asked me questions about managing employees, my philosophy of disciplining employees. Also training employees. It went well he liked all my philosophies and experiences. He said he would love for me to join his team. So then the recruiter scheduled a final interview with the hr manager.

The hr manager interview went great. She asked very specific employee discipline actions. How would I handle irate employees, and insubordinate employees. She seemed to be impressed. She said she would have the recruiter get back to me.

About three days I E-mailed the recruiter and said I'm excited about the opportunity and would love to join the team. Then she said congrats we want you. I was stoked. She sent me for a drug screen, then 2 days later i had the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle irate employees? how would you handle and employee yelling and causing a scene.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Branch manager gave me a estimate of the salary. And the recruiter offered me a salary in the middle. I accepted.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Terminix (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Extensive & Lengthy involving multiple interviews with manager, human resource manager, hiring manager and corporate level manager. Additional requirements for testing between 3-6 hours. Final determiner was a grueling group interview with psychologist panel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to manage through conflict. Outline the issue and your actions to resolve.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Terminix (Glendale, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an interview the next day. The recruiter specified that the interview would be business professional. Upon my arrival, I was the only one dressed in business professional attire. Everyone from the front desk personnel to other employees were dressed in everyday clothes. I suppose they just wanted to see who would actually go the extra mile! The interview process was a series of questions about naming and describing a particular situation. The two people who interviewed me seemed like they did not even really want to be conducting the interview, like they had way more important things to be doing. Which is probably true. They were helpful in answering my questions, but none too friendly which was a little disappointing. Less than an hour later I received a call and a job offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you received excellent customer service and what made it exceptional.   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Terminix in May 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. I interviewed at one office and was told they would call me with a decision in about a week. They asked questions about my previous experience, strengths, weaknesses, how I learn, etc. I got a phone call saying they wanted to hire me about two weeks later and when I would be starting.