Tesco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,038 Interview Reviews

2.3

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Process was 30 minutes long with HR and department head. Was asked specifically to go through a typical day in a purchasing process that one had experienced. Interview was short and to the point. Was asked about salary expecting.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Tesco? What makes you the perfect candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. There were a lot of behavioral questions that asked about ways you responded to certain situations in the past. There is a lot of pressure in this industry so they want to know how you would react when something goes wrong and you have to respond quickly...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't work out how you intended?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Marketing Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

applied online via Tesco website got an interview 3 weeks later was asked some scenario questions only no interview questions and walla got job in only 3 days....
    very easy indeed

Interview Questions

• when have you gone beyond for customer?   1 Answer
    • when have you felt anxious at WORK   1 Answer
    • when have you followed instructions for the company?   1 Answer
    • when have you followed company rules?   1 Answer

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview to confirm details and then very basic scenario based questions and then group activity in which you have to find a solution to a problem.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haydock, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Haydock, England (UK)).

Interview

Group interview 11 people aged 20 and under and me 50years. I had applied for a day shift job but was told to disregard the shifts applied for and to complete an availability sheet. We was asked to take passport and CV.

Shopfloor Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Croydon, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Called to come in then they rescheduled it. Individual interview with 10-15 other applicants given the same time slot. I wasn't seen for over an hour and a half in the boiling hot with no water offered. One applicant walked out and I almost did the same, no respect for our time and the job was advertised with a different location too, strongly implying that it's customer-focused when it's actually in a warehouse.

Asset Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Largely a competency based interview, with the opportunity to discuss the role and my skills more generically to outline how my experience to date was relevant.
    First interview with direct managers, followed by a second interview with a Director.
    'Uncomplicated' interview process, resulting in a fairly quick appointment.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

The entire interview process was pretty much a straight forward one. They asked about whether or not you had any prior experience, why do you want to join work with them.