Tesco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.3

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Process was 30 minutes long with HR and department head. Was asked specifically to go through a typical day in a purchasing process that one had experienced. Interview was short and to the point. Was asked about salary expecting.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Tesco? What makes you the perfect candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. There were a lot of behavioral questions that asked about ways you responded to certain situations in the past. There is a lot of pressure in this industry so they want to know how you would react when something goes wrong and you have to respond quickly...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't work out how you intended?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Marketing Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Building a bridge team exercise, describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer, remember to speak up, don't be the one that doesn't say anything, always offer to go first, appear confident etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as a team   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesco (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Just sharing my interview at a Tesco in Edinburgh to help future applicants.

So last week I had my group interview at my local Tesco. I applied online and was given a call back 4 days later inviting me to a group interview. So on the day I arrived at the store and was taken to the canteen to wait. Then once the 4 of us had arrived the interviewer took our passports and NI document to verify and meanwhile we filled out forms based on our availability, health conditions, opting in to work Sundays things like that...

After all that was done the two interviewers asked us 3 questions which I will list below, all of them like name a time when... // Your answers can be of reference to school, uni or any previous work experience. Just to note if you haven't worked before this can be tricky. Once we finished the questions we were taken out to the checkout area of the store for 20 minutes to show that we were able to interact with the customers. Good tip is to smile and make conversation. And then that was the end!

I'm awaiting to hear back but I'm hoping the interview was a success.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Quick and easy interview, store manager was very nice and kind.

Manager was very confident that 'when you get the job'. Was sent an email 3 days later that they were not taking my application ant further.

Interview Questions

• Can you give a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

A relaxed, professional interview with the store manager. General competency based questions were asked about examples from previous work and at Uni/School. I was told about the number of hours I would be working and the weekly shift pattern I would follow. I found out very soon after the interview that my application had been successful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help someone else   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inver, Highland, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesco (Inver, Highland, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Appeard a bit disorganised more candidated turned up than expected. Very informal interview, only 2 questions asked, health and safety questionable. A sort time on the shop floor to see how we interacted with customers.

Interview Questions

• When have you gone above and beyond to help someone out?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Banbury, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I had to do a questionnaire and then also send them pictures of my passport as they ask everyone to prove they have the right to work in the UK.
    3 days later they called me and I was offered an interview. My friend (with the same sales and work experience as me) had just got a job there so I was very was very happy that we might be able to work together.
    I was already on my way to the interview when they called me half an hour before saying it was delayed for an hour so I said ok, that is fine.
    I went to the interview and had to fill out some forms which took about 10 minutes. Then we moved on to the questions which were very specific and in my opinion would be very difficult to answer with no previous retail experience. The interview was about 1 hour long and each question was worth 8 marks. The interviewer told me he was very impressed with my interview and said I got 8/8 on every question apart from 2 of them on which I got 7/8. He then even asked me when I would be available for an induction which made it sound like I got the job. The interviewer couldn't stop praising me, saying how amazing my interview was which boosted my confidence. He then said I should get a reply within 7 days. My friend who got the job received a reply within 3 days via phone call. However, when 5 days passed for me I knew something was not going right. Then on the 6th day I checked my emails and noticed that I received a very very brief email from Tesco saying that I did not get the job, without including a reason for this.
    I was extremely disappointed, mainly because of the fact that the interviewer told me my interview was amazing and even asked why I would be available to come for an induction, so receiving an email with these news made me very disappointed. I would not have cared as much if the interviewer did not make it sound like the job was already mine, but because he did I believed that I deserve to know the reason why I did not get the job. So I decided to call the person that interviewed me 4 days after I got the email. I called him and he said he would call me back later, possibly in two hours, but DEFINITELY today (on the day I called).
    Believe it or not, he never called me back and it has been 3 days since I've called now.
    I think that was very rude of them and I am VERY VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED with how they handled the situation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you delivered or received good customer service.   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when someone suggested something that you did not agree with? How did you react?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example when you worked under pressure   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you supported a member of the team   Answer Question
    • Tell me something you have done that was beyond what was expected   Answer Question