Tesco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,218 Interview Reviews

2.3

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. There were a lot of behavioral questions that asked about ways you responded to certain situations in the past. There is a lot of pressure in this industry so they want to know how you would react when something goes wrong and you have to respond quickly...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't work out how you intended?"   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Process was 30 minutes long with HR and department head. Was asked specifically to go through a typical day in a purchasing process that one had experienced. Interview was short and to the point. Was asked about salary expecting.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Tesco? What makes you the perfect candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was a direct hire chosen from a headhunting agency for my skills with Data. I received a phone call from the agency asking if this was something I would be interested in doing for a temporary 3 month period. After agreeing to the position the agency set me up with a first-day contact at Tesco for the next business day.

Marketing Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks.
    First is phone interview, typical behavioral based questions and what do you think about this position.
    Then is the AC, prior to the interview you got a case to study and asked to do a presentation at the interview day. I miss the group interview, but HR was very nice and assign me to one department manager to present my case study. After that, I was interviewed by four different department manager to talk about the details. Several technique questions. Most were about scenario question and your background details.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. he majority of the questions is about yourself.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco.

Interview

Assessment center with presentation, group exercise and panel interview

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesco (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in February 2008.

Interview

7 stage recruitment process including testing

Interview Questions

• How would you establish credibility in the first 30 days   Answer Question

Negotiation

People Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Online submission and interview with 2 regional people managers. It was very intimidating. I wish I could remember more questions because they were all curve balls. Mostly behavioural and my research proved useless. Was an uncomfortable process, but maybe I wasn't right for the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage capability when really busy?
      Why Tesco?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Group interview with 2 people assessing. The main assessor was very cold and rude with me. I didn't understand what was meant by some of the questions and she seemed to take offence when I asked her to expand or elaborate when I misunderstood.
    It was a group interview with a handful of others. They ask each person a question in the group and you answer it, they change the questions to catch you off guard.
    We then had a group building activity where we made a 6ft tower from paper, cellotape and pencils. We were asked afterwards how we would improve on it and if anyone took the lead role etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have gone above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time where you had to change your behaviour to adapt to a situation   Answer Question
    • How did you respond when dealing with a complaint about you   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Senawang (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Senawang (Malaysia)) in July 2012.

Interview

Formal background check, expected salary, and travel details

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco (Mumbai (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

It was on campus recruitment which was of two steps: 1.Online test consisting of 2 medium coding questions. 2.F2F interview consisting of two rounds Technical +(Project+HR). I solved both questions in the test and qualified for the interview. In technical round they asked lot of questions on DS Algo ,then OS,Networking and some cryptography also.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve the problem of leakage in distribution of grains from government to BPL people with technology?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your projects and the problems you faced?   1 Answer