The Blackstone Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Blackstone Group

3.2

Real Estate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

first I received an email, asking my availability and then scheduled a phone interview. In the very beginning, the HR was very straight forward and asked about my experience.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group.

Interview

First round video interview was very technical. There were very few behavioral questions past tell me about yourself. The technical questions were reasonable but fairly specific on formulas. Make sure you know recent deals that Blackstone has worked on.

Interview Questions

Interview

Online application, parametrics personality test online focusing on situational questions, phone interview with member of HR followed by a phone interview with member of the team, final round in New York Office.

Interview Questions

• basic technicals on PE, some insurance specific questions (expense ratios, insurance-specific valuation), brain-teasers.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Met at school career fair, first round interview on campus, final round Superday interview at Blackstone Innovations office in NYC. Both interviews consisted of behavioral questions and a design portion.

The Superday was six hours in total - mostly lectures/Q&A with other interviewees and current employees. There were 2 hours of actual interviews, and the team took us out to lunch.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group in September 2019.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my college job fair and had a one-hour on-campus interview a week later. I spent 30 minutes by myself answering technical questions with a pen and paper, and then 30 minutes with the interviewer reviewing the answers and doing behavioral questions. I got asked why I wanted to work at Blackstone, talked about my past experience, and then got the chance to ask some questions. It was all pretty standard.

This was my first ever technical interview, but the questions seemed pretty basic compared to what I hear about people getting at other companies. If you've prepared with Leetcode or something it'll probably be easy.

The interviewer was nice enough, but seemed a little impatient with getting it over with at the end. I heard nothing for two weeks and then got an email saying I wasn't moving on to the second round.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given an array of prices for one stock in chronological order, find the time to buy and sell in order to maximize profit.
      2. Given 2 arrays, return an array consisting of everything in Array 1 that isn't in Array 2.
      3. Write a function to evaluate an arithmetic expression, structured as a tree where each node is a number or an operator and the operands are the child nodes.
      4. Given a list of general development tools like git, SQL, etc, pick one and write as much as you can about how it works and why it is useful.   Answer Question

BAAM, Equity Strategy, Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an intro phone call, a take-home analytical task, and in-person interviews with the team. The team was highly disorganized (scheduled me to come at a different time from what they had set up internally, never put me in touch with HR, and never gave a clear decision timeline).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with a VP, mostly behavioral. Second round was a video with an Analyst, mostly technical. The process was very quick and lasted about 4 days. They let you know of next steps very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why might you invest in a secondary fund over a primary fund?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group.

Interview

Recruiter set up a phone call with the hiring manager, I waited a week to get an onsite. The onsite interview took 4 hours where I was interviewed by several people.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the Python programming language (like what are certain dunder methods like __init__), questions regarding graph theory (algorithm for finding a Hamiltonian path), algorithm questions about how to perform in order traversal of a tree, system design questions. From my perspective, it was heavily skewed towards math questions.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone call, In person test, interview with VP and Project Director, and silence afterwards. I sent thank you email and tried to follow-up with a phone call but operator said phone number wad not in service, so I decided to follow-up with an email. Still I have not heard back at all which is very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a Market Research Analyst since you have no experience?   Answer Question

PWS Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter and the process took one week. Met with an analyst, associate, and AVP. They were very friendly but also very thorough- you can't b/s your way through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Waterfall calculations and management fee calculations. Be able to walk through resume points in detail.   Answer Question