The Blackstone Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Blackstone Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.2

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group.

Interview

There was an online video interview which had just two minute long questions. Still haven't heard back months later, so assuming I am done and am not going to get an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group in February 2017.

Interview

Met at a college career fair, followed with an on-campus interview - half an hour coding, half an hour face-to-face.

Interviewer didn't seem to engaged; they left the room as soon as the coding part started. I'm not sure why I had to take the test on paper at all. For the actual interview, they had no questions prepared for me.

3 business days later, they let me know I didn't make the cut.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview where you are asked about your work or school experience. If the phone interview goes well you will be asked to come in for an in person interview. The first round interview takes places with employees at the analyst and associate level. Final round interviews will take place with vice presidents and managing directors.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email asking for a phone call to "get to know me." Took the phone call a few days later and never heard back. Even after numerous emails to check on status, still there was no response.

Interview Questions

• What's you opinion on the hotel industry in New York City.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 4 interviews, each of half hour. The questions asked were straight forward and simple. One of the interview was a general talking interview, second was all about describing a project, and two others had technical questions.These are followed by a lunch round. All the interviews happen back to back with no break, and the process is over in roughly 2 and a half hour. I think they also look forward to you speaking a lot during the lunch round, probably that's what went wrong with me, this is despite the fact that they will tell you that the interview is over.

Interview Questions

• Given two linked list A, B. Delete all the nodes from A that appear in B.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an a first round interview (over the phone) with an alumni from my college. Mostly behavioral: why blackstone, why this role, walk me through your resume. The next day got a call to attend superday 3 days later. Same thing, mostly behavioral with a few technicals.

Interview Questions

• Win the lotto today, get 1,000,000 lump sum now or 2,000 every month for the rest of your life   1 Answer
    • Why corporate Finance after IB background   Answer Question
    • 17/20%   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Interview

Application

Interview

Quick and straight to the point. I was asked for my availability via email and brought in for an in person interview, no phone screen. The interviews were polite and brief with 2 members of the team. The interview was basic, as they were clearly looking for somebody with financial reporting experience and not so concerned with the fit questions, though they were asked. Afterwards, I got the feeling that an "intern" at BX is really somebody with full-time experience who is willing to briefly take a step backward in their career to sport the BX name on their resume.

Interview Questions

• Very basic: story, strengths/weaknesses, resume walkthrough, previous financial reporting experience.   Answer Question

Innovation Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a one on one interview mixed with FIT and technical questions. The interviewer was very nice and welcoming, more so than some wall street firms. Very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you've noticed with a piece of software you interact with daily and how you would fix it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through college and had the first round on campus with two interviewers. They went over their backgrounds and ask for self-intro. They will ask some questions based on your intro. There is no technical questions. I got rejected after one week.

Compliance Interview

Interview

Interview twice with 6 people total and the whole process from first interview to offer took about two weeks. I took it because I didn't have a job, wasn't my first choice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok