The Blackstone Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 287 of over 287 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Blackstone Group

The Blackstone Group

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

Initial call with their recruiters and if that goes well you'll be sent a hackerrank test to complete within 45 minutes. It'll consist of multiple choice, long response, and a hands on portion as well as a coding portion in the language that you specified in the call with the recruiter. None of it was difficult and it's something you should already know or be able to google. After passing that, you'll get an interview with the manager or team lead. This was mostly technical questions. After that, you'll go through a panel interview with 5 more people including the manager or director of the team. The panel can range from technical to behavioral. It seems to be dependent on who you get. I did get a minor whiteboarding question for Python. Interview process was a negative because recruiters mixed up my position and I had to undergo double the rounds for 2 different teams.

Interview Questions
  • Terraform (Huge focus on this) AWS Kubernetes Python
    Answer Question

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

It's a 30-minutes face to face interview, starting with introduction of the candidate. Afterwards, the interviewer briefly introduced the position and asked a few questions. Finally the candidate had a few minutes left to ask questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

started with a video interview, then very technical interview , nice team, two interviews for the first round then superday, Overall learned a lot in the process even without the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

There are two rounds of interview. First is with hiring manager and second one is a panel interview. The hiring manager was good, butr the panel interview felt rushed and hope they allocate more time.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
  • Why are you changing job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (London, England, England)

Interview

Shitshow of an interview process. I had *17* interviews (over 5 months) + GMAT-style maths test (12 questions, actually very easy)... just for a summer internship. I've heard of people receiving less interviews for a VP role than this goddamn summer. I had 2 interviews with the same person, TWICE, because HR screwed it up... and when I noticed and asked them about this, they simply said "yes, it's meant to be like that"- wtf? Surprise Surprise - during the interviews, my interviewers were like "wtf, this isn't meant to happen… I already had a good interview with you and I'll just relay that feedback again".... they lasted <5mins and wasted everyone's time. HR in Blackstone are some of the most indifferent, bored-sounding people imaginable. I've had some pretty jaded experiences with HR from investment banks, but these people are on another level of "pointless". Another point - they enforce a mandatory 50/50 split between males/females for internship & graduate intake in London. This makes it very hard for the hiring managers, when they only hire ~4 people for summers and ~80% of their applicants are male. The downside for any male applicants was made pretty obvious, when during my 14th (or 13th?) interview, I was getting along pretty well with my interviewer and I asked, "why is the process taking so long?" - he replied, "to be honest, we're trying to recruit a diverse pool, and we’re waiting for some competitive females to appear and interview them before we give you an offer”. Spectacular. My interview process takes >5 months because there needs to be equivalent female candidate before I pass each stage. I would also like to point out, each interview is unstructured. The employees can ask whatever they want, but they all inevitably begin with some form of “tell me about yourself”, “why this role/firm/RE”… after answering these questions 17 times, it simply saps your motivation for life. If I didn’t like this role, I wouldn’t be on the 17th interview. If I didn’t like this firm, I wouldn’t be on the 17th interview. If I didn’t really want to do RE, I also wouldn’t be on the 17th interview. To top it all off, my feedback at the end was “you had really strong technical skills, but it seems you lacked motivation for real estate”. I’m sorry, what? I would have assumed that if you thought I had no interest in the role, I wouldn’t have passed the FIRST interview. Or the second. Third, even. Or 16th? Obviously if I had an offer, I would be praising how friendly, welcoming and altruistic that the staff of the firm were willing to spend so much time with me before even joining the firm. Which, kudos to them, they were. However, that is not the case... and for me, it was simply a massive waste of time and energy. The only upside is that I became a lot, lot better at interviewing for real estate private equity roles during the process and landed a REPE acquisitions role at Brookfield. So thanks, Blackstone.

Interview Questions
  • • Tell me about yourself • Why Blackstone? Why Real Estate? • Do you know anyone at the firm? • What do you think I do every day? Give me a day-in-the-life of me • What was your first exposure to real estate? • Tell me about a deal you have done • Are you more of a team player or individual? • How many people have you interviewed so far? 10? What are their names? • What are the risks of hiring you? • Tell me your world view • Case study (10 times?), some version of: NOI, Cap Rate, debt/equity mix, cost of debt - what is your IRR? What is your MOIC?
6 people found this interview helpful

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

Post-Graduate position. The process was chatty designed not to intimidate you. Interviewers (2) both worked on the desk and just seem to want to get a feel about whether you knew what you were talking about. They didn't make an effort to get your knowledge or skills out of you, you had to go there on your own accord.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in the Bond Market? - Like I said, very chatty.

The Blackstone Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

Interview process took about a month and half. I met with 4 different people. From VP to current analysts to the managing director/CTO. Interview was really straight forward and mostly conversational. It included 1 technical test where you design a website based on there requirements. Everything went great and even received a verbal offer from the final interviewer. 2 weeks later, HR calls me and informs me that they will not be moving forward with me. Roped me around for a month and half, gave me a verbal offer to my face, had HR inform me of my decision and couldn't even answer my emails. Bullet Dodged.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Create a system for our users to see how they're real estate investments are doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY)

Interview

I had Zoom interview with a VP and two Senior VPs. One of the Senior VPs (the 3rd person interviewed me that day) said she has positive feelings I will come back for second round because I have good experience and she also got good feedback about me from the previous interviewers. I aced all their technical questions. However I did not get to second round. I’m not sure why she even said that and gave me hope for no reason.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Blackstone Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

I got a call from hr team and They directly asked me about my current job salary and sent me a Excel test and then he said that I have to face a zoom interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

Set up virtually, remote interview. Typical questions, nothing out of left field or random. Interviewer was nice enough, albeit somewhat disinterested in hearing the answers. Wasn’t really interested in the role, so no great loss.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 287 Interviews