The Blackstone Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 386 of over 386 interviews

Recruiter15%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

Efficient and smooth process and well structured format. Met with some team members as well as members from other functions. Overall, the interview process was relatively similar to that of other similar asset managers

Interview Questions
  • Past experiences, technical modelling questions
    Answer Question

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

1 round never heard back. It was over zoom. 6 people interviewed me. it was pretty standard. No trick questions or case study. 1 round never heard back. It was over zoom. 6 people interviewed me. it was pretty standard. No trick questions or case study.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about The Blackstone Group

Join the conversation on

Finance

66.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=The Blackstone Group~4022
Join the conversation on

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

Initial recruiter screening over the phone, plus two separate days of 5 interviews with different members of the team (colleagues and middle/upper management). Mostly behavioral with some technical valuation questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Blackstone Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

Interview Questions
  • The interview process is automated and involves a recorded video upload as well as a series of virtual games that aren't tests but are used to pick out certain qualities about the interview to determine if the position is likely to be a match.

The Blackstone Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group in May 2022

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. I went through 7 rounds of interviews, 30 minutes each, spread over 2 weeks. Overall positive experience, lead the interview like a conversation and you will be fine! To prepare, look up the background on the person interviewing you, the recent deals Blackstone is pursing/pursued in your business unit, and be prepared to answer why Blackstone and why you are a great fit for the organization.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why Blackstone 3) How has your current role prepared you for this opportunity 4) How would you approach a difficult situation/example of exceeding expectations in your current role
2 people found this interview helpful

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

Two rounds one screening one final round with 3 people. Research about the company beforehand and asked some technical questions. People are friendly and kind. Technical questions need to be practiced.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Blackstone Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group in May 2022

Interview

It was on plymetrics and it was pretty good. The games seem to be a good way to gage different qualities in people I would say. The video interview was also good.

Interview Questions
  • When have you had to make a tough decision

The Blackstone Group

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group in May 2022

Interview

Over the course of about 3 hours, I was interviewed individually by three men who worked in FP&A. You should look up private equity deals ahead of time in case they ask you. All I could think of were spanx and ancestry and I didn’t have much to say about them. One of the interviewers did cancel during the interview I was in with his coworker which was kind of rude. His interview was the worst. He said I’ve only been here a few months (I was wondering why he was interviewing me, then?) and as an interview tactic, he told me that everyone here works until 10 or 11 PM on a good day, and he also misstated the hybrid policy as 4 days in office when it is in fact three according to his colleagues. He did also take time to look down on people who like to work 9-5 and insinuated that I would not be successful at Blackrock if I wanted to stick to 8 hours per day, and if that was the case, I should apply at Citi. But he did have bags under his eyes, so maybe he really was working until 10 or 11 each day. Who knows? I was glad I wouldn’t have to work with him when they rejected me for being unprepared for the interview. I will say the other two employees, VP and AVP were lovely and actually asked me questions about my experience in FP&A, although they did seem hung up on the fact that I did not have direct reports at my last role, so be ready to offer some alternative experience managing people if that applies to you.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have direct reports? Are you willing to come into the office 4 days per week? Are you willing to work in office four days per week? What did you do at your old role?

The Blackstone Group

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group

Interview

Few rounds of interviews, mix of behavioral and technical; smart, nice people. Judged based on merit of application and interviews, not based on obsequious and shallow networking like investment banking.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself/your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY)

Interview

I only got Hirevue, and Pymetrics test. For hi revue, I am asked to answer five questions in recording. There are both types of general question and company specific ones.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 386 Interviews

The Blackstone Group Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at The Blackstone Group as 58.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.09 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Intern and Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Summer Analyst and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at The Blackstone Group takes an average of 21 days when considering 347 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Summer Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 20 days).

Common stages of the interview process at The Blackstone Group according to 347 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 29.22%