The General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The General Interview Questions

Interviews at The General

2.3

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The General.

Interview

Formal interview questions from a list with 4 supervisors asking questions, all 4 supervisors were dressed casual in jeans, and sneakers, typical questions, no surprises, very relaxed interview, felt very comfortable, their description of the job was through and accurate

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses, describe problems you had to solve   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The General (Nashville, TN) in November 2009.

Interview

This was straight after college and I needed some work so my brother in law referred. To be honest you really would have had to know someone within the company to get a good chance at the job. It seems very internalized. So I applied online and my brother in law told the HR department about my application. We interviewed on the phone and then in person. I was called back three days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your expectation working as an underwriter/   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was not the offer was 12.00 an hr.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The General (Nashville, TN) in January 2010.

Interview

Feedback from interviewer was thorough and prompt. Every step of the way was outlined and person interviewed could know what was expected. Growing company moving to improve revenue and image in industry. Evidently under new management or capital infusion. I was not offered a position, but feel the offered salary amounts are likely somewhat below industry standards at present.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to communicate with people who have less education than you?   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The General (Independence, OH).

Interview

Worst experience that I have ever had with in person interview. We did a total of two group interviews with different departments and mangers. They asked me the standard corporate questions that lack good conversation. The HR rep failed to inform me their process and that I would be doing two sets of interviews. Received a call a week later with the HR who was unprofessional and told me that I was not qualify for the position and thought I wasn't interested. The next day they offer me the job and I turned them down because of how they treated me in the process. Why would I accept that job if that is how they treat their employees? The HR rep should be fired on how unprofessional she was with the candidates.

Interview Questions

I was treated poorly and the HR at the General was unprofessional. I would rather work for a place that wants me for what I bring to the table. I believe that others wanted more pay and they couldn't afford it.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The General.

Interview

The interview started on time. Interviewed with 3 supervisors and a manager. Each supervisor asked situational questions. After the interview I was asked to complete the paper application and provide my identification. A week later I was offered the position. I started a week after the offer was made. Overall easy and stress free.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the role and how you would handle certain situations   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The General (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted pretty late after putting in my resume, which had no claims experience on it. I say hold tight. Once I had the interview I felt really good about joining the company and I don't regret taking this job at all. I love it here. I actually passed up an offer I got two days prior because I wanted to work here more. The interview was extremely casual more of a get-to-know-you session than anything, I feel like they kind of picked their candidates they wanted to hire before they brought them in.

Also the drug test here was kind of intense, not going to lie. Nobody sits in the room with you if they stand right outside the door and it was creepy haha.

Interview Questions

• explains a time you had to give bad news to a customer.   Answer Question
    • do you mind sitting at a a desk and answering phone calls?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The General.

Interview

It was an in person interview with a panel along with a skills test for Microsoft office, typing and basic math.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were your usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was well organized and timely. I was asked behavioral questions and had an opportunity to ask questions. I started by going through the highlights of my resume as requested. I got to meet many people in the office. They were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a decision that didn't work out as planned.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The General (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

First I had a telephonic interview which lasted about 1 hour. Next I had an interview with 2 higher level adjusters and then finally an interview with the Manager. It was pretty laid back - roundtable interview

Interview Questions

• Typical - Experience? What can you contribute? why do you think you will be successful?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The General (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Lot of behavioral questions and how prior experiences can help with the stresses of the job.

Negotiation

There is none, it was take it or leave it. Very weird, also if you applying internally HR states that they do not disclose the salary hiring range. Weird.