The Goddard School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Goddard School Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Goddard School in June 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call asking me to schedule an interview. Scheduled an interview for the following week. The interview was 1.5 hours, however, only some of the interview was spent speaking with the director. The rest of the interview consisted of me being placed in classrooms of various ages. I would be in each classroom maybe 20 minutes. I think the director would watch a little bit through the window before coming in to get me. I got the feeling it was important that I just interact and play with the kids, and that I make a good impression with the teachers in the room. Less than a week later I was called for a second interview. My second interview I sat and talked with the director as well as the owner of the school. It was fairly laid back-both interviews took place in the small kitchen at a small table. Workers came in and out of the kitchen while I was being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle misbehavior?
      How do you think young children learn best?
      What do you think a day in this classroom looks like?
      How will you communicate with parents?   Answer Question

Co-Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

I applied online and within 24 hours I got an email that they would like to set up a phone interview with me. We set a time for the following week. The morning of, they emailed me and asked if they could reschedule to 3 hours later in the day, which was fine. The HR person called and asked a series of questions and at the end of the interview asked if I could come to the school for an in person interview two days later. I went to the school and the education director met with me and we went to a classroom for the interview while the class was outside playing. She didn't seem to have any pre-written questions and asked a lot of the same questions I was asked in the phone interview as she shuffled through my resume. We switched classrooms as the kids were coming back in from outside. After a few more questions she asked if I'd mind meeting with the school director, so I was welcomed into the school director's office. The director admitted that she was just handed my resume and hadn't read over it at all and apologized if she asked some questions I already answered. She asked a lot of the same questions I answered in the phone interview and with the education director. At the end of the interview the director said they'd love to have me as a part of their team and they would email me an offer later that afternoon. I felt like I was an afterthought and was concerned by the lack of communication between the directors. They ask for a one year commitment at least and I couldn't see myself working there for a year.

Interview Questions

• What age group do you feel most comfortable working with?   Answer Question
    • What is your desired salary?   Answer Question
    • What would your classroom look like?   Answer Question
    • What percentage do you think should be teacher led activities and what percentage should be student led?   Answer Question

Lead Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

The hiring process is pretty smooth if you have your documents in order and your references make themselves available. Without references they can't offer you the job.
    Honestly, I think because I was interviewing at a relatively new location, San Ramon, the process might have gone faster than other sites.
    The process is rather long, but the site director I met with was great and the rest of the staff greeted me kindly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to deal with staff conflicts (or if you were involved in one or no one is going on)?   1 Answer
    • There is a list of questions they are required to ask you - most of them get answered in an earlier question. You must get through the entire questionnaire   1 Answer
    • What made you apply to this school?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

The reception interviewed candidate, no greeting to candidates, no any smile at her face during interview. Tone and speed very dis-respect, rude and impatient.
    and there were another employee sitting in the same room, using her back towards candidate, never stand up. No idea what is her role.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join our school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiters reached out to me through email. In-person interview was very casual but lasted a few hours. Spoke with the owners and took a tour of the school. The owners and staff were very nice and helpful!

Assistant Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Goddard School (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through indeed.com and within 7 hrs later was contacted to come in for a interview. Upon arriving to the interview I was greeted warmly by the director and given a application to fill out. After completing the application I then met with the director and was asked why I chose the Goddard school, how would I teach children about color based on the learning through play curriculum that is implemented at the school. At the end of the interview I asked any questions I may have and was then asked to come back a few days later for a second interview where I would get a chance to interact with the staff and infants while the site director observed me. During the second interview there was a visiting music enrichment teacher that came in to sing to the children while also implementing sign language. It was indeed a great experience and at the end of the second interview I was told by the site director that she will speak with the head directors and they will get back in touch with me. The next day I was contacted by the director with an offer!

Interview Questions

• In what ways would you introduce children to color based on the learn through play curriculum?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy about the salary I was going to receive,

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Goddard School (New York, NY).

Interview

The owner did the interview in person, pretty much hired on the spot. Set up the interview via phone, it was pretty easy to get in contact to set something up.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was an unprofessional and disorganized experience. I would strongly advice against working for this company. Don't waste your time with an interview. Thanks for reading my review.

Floater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Arvada, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent in a request online for the job, i got a call back 3 days later to come in and fill out a paper application and interview. I also did a 30 minute working interview where i went in and i played with the kids and helped the teachers. they let me know if they were offering the job to me two days later.

Interview Questions

• when parents are ____ i'm _____   1 Answer

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Katy, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I filled out a brief application and then about a week later, they called to schedule an interview. I arrived at the place, filled out a paper application, and then I had the interview. Afterwards, I spent about 30 minutes with the classroom I applied for, spoke to the teachers, and interacted with the toddlers. Then, the interviewer will ask you how'd you think about the observation and the environment with the kids. Lastly, she scanned some documents to verify identification and scheduled me for a background check.