The Goddard School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Goddard School Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2018

2.3

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

Resume submitted online. Got a call for face to face interview. Application packet was unnecessarily long. Interview style was formal. Office space is small and cluttered. Director was very friendly. Made arrangements for scheduling and they were approved by director but a month later hours were cut. Easy to get hired with experience and smiles.

Interview Questions

• There were unexpected questions on the application packet discussing how you respond to certain situations in the classroom and what irritates you about children. Not difficult to answer but it caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When negotiating anything get it down in writing with signatures and dates. Make notes of all further negotiations or requests with signage and date information.

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Cypress, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a month later for an interview, I set up a time and went in for the interview. Everyone was really friendly and the interview with the director went well. She asked situational questions and then told me she would review it with the owner. I got a call from the owner the same week and she held a small interview with me and offered me the job after showing me around the building.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if the child seemed insecure about themselves and distant from the other children?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Goddard School (New York, NY).

Interview

Filled out online application and I heard a response two days later where an in-person interview was scheduled. Before the interview, I filled out a job application including my educational philosophy and questions where I had to fill in the blanks. Short interview with very common questions about teaching experience. Scheduled model lesson for the next week where I completed a mini lesson for 20 minutes. Offered the position but declined due to other offers. They were very gracious and understanding.

Anonymous Employee in Chester Springs, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Chester Springs, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

it was very quick and very easy and when I did the interview the people was very nice and it didn't take that long. They were very nice to me and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a crying child.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Middletown, NJ).

Interview

I applied at The Goddard School for the assistant teacher position and it was probably one of the worst interviews I ever had. When I got there I was greeted by the director who had already been talking on the phone. It wasn't about business because I over heard the conversation since the door was open. My interview was supposed to start at 1030 and it didn't start until 11. When it was finally time to interview, the staff kept walking in and out of the office asking the director questions, the hone kept ringing and she ALWAYS answered it, even her cell phone.

I was probably interrupted more than 10 times. She had to keep starting over, and still got interrupted. She wasn't paying any attention to me. She even left the office once and it wasn't to take care of a situation in a classroom either.

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Allen, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

It was really smooth..they were in need of teachers. I got a call from one of the administrators to come in for an interview. I filled out some paper work and the interview was for about 15 mins. Did a little orientation for that day. I got my uniforms and was asked to start the next day

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Edmond, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

My interview was with the directors of the school. It was a very thourogh and I also had to complete a background check. I felt very comfortable during the interview and the directors were very nice and friendly. The questions they asked were thought provoking but not too hard. They mainly want to know if you enjoy working with children, why you enjoy working with children, and how you would react to certain classroom situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child who is acting out and being violent toward you or another child?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

They asked me questions, I was given a working interview, paperwork to fill out, asked for a background check and fingerprint process. The working interview lasted about one week. There were interviews with the owner, and a few directors. I was also observed by several teachers.

Interview Questions

• How do you change a diaper with proper infection control?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. Not which age group I worked with, how much I got paid, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Chester, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

They met with me in the office it wasn't tense it was real chill. She asked me to name 3 children's books . Asked about my level of experience with children . Then she asked if I had felonies . I passed the interview with flying colors and was given the job on the spot it was a highlight of the week for me. Ended up being a great job.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Goddard School (Fairfield, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

easy one on one. Asked question, toured the school, talked about what they expect. Told me what I was required to do and the classes I needed to take and what clothes I needed to wear.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to be a teach and what kind of experience I have   1 Answer