The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.4

Lab Monitor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

There was no real interview process for this position. The employer just required that you were an Electrical and Computer Engineering student and that you took the labs and performed well in them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. Asked simple questions about your experience and how you get along with others. Heard back the next day if I was offered the job or not. You want to be able to work the whole season 6 months. they don't want people who are working half the season or just summer.

Interview Questions

• how long are you available for?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in May 2017.

Interview

Very casual and comfortable interview with two people from the department. Only lasted 20 minutes and the questions asked were straightforward and easy to answer. Asked a few hypothetical/scenario type questions, but nothing too daunting or complex. Overall a very easy and pleasant interview, and they basically offered me the position at the end of the it all.

Interview Questions

• What has prepared you to work with a diverse group of people?   Answer Question
    • What role do you assume when taking on group projects?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach and handle multitasking several projects at once?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Overall it went smoothly. The interviewers are very nice. They ask lots of detail questions about the research and techniques. So be prepared to know your job duties well.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met with the program leader and the professor that I would be assisting. There was very little else to do. Probably the most difficult part was discovering the program and going to find the people that could help me. I spoke with many professors until I located the program that had an open slot for me.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to do research, how my class schedule would affect me, if I had enough time available to put 10 hours per week in.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to interview about a week later. Received an in-person interview a week or so after that. Offered a position one week from in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to changes in policy or procedures?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical: Let's say you're applying to a job, and it's set to close in an hour, it's Sunday night, you go to submit the app, and you get an error saying you can't submit it, something happened. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • What do you think when you hear the job title "Systems Analyst?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

Interview

I applied online. the process was relatively straightforward, I received an email that asked me to schedule an in-person interview with my supervisor. It was a very standard interview with behavioral questions that tested fit and my past work experiences. Low pressure and casual.

Resident Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

It lasted about 45 minutes and was a professional but friendly atmosphere. This is dependent on the interviewer because though all the questions are standard, the interviewers are almost always going to be different.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, was emailed back about interview times, set up interview time, 20 minute interview with a hiring manager, got an email that said I got the job within a few days.

Application

Interview

I applied and heard back quickly from hiring manager. I was first interviewed by the manager, and then the administrator of the department I applied for. Both the manager and administrator were helpful in making sure I had directions on how to get to location and made me feel comfortable. Overall, very positive experience and no surprising questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you encountered conflict and how did you handle it.
      Give example of a time when you had to work with others that were different from you.   Answer Question