The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2018

2.5

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Had a 30 min interview block, and was brought into the Resident Manager's office where I was asked questions by both the resident manager and another office assistant. They took notes on their sheet, while I orally answered questions and it took a total of about 15 minutes.

Mid-Level Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in December 2017.

Interview

It was informal and fairly easy. I got the sense that they were not interested in me almost immediately. It was a panel interview -- 3 white males in a male-dominated industry. The HR generalist explained that they were interested in my qualifications since my experience fit the position. However, shortly into the interview a member of the panel asked me to discuss my experience in an area that was not noted in the position description. I addressed his question in detail and as I directed my answer to the other 2 on the panel, I was shocked to see one of the panel members reading (texting?) on his phone and paying no attention during the interview. The director was on his phone throughout the 40 minute discussion. In general, I found the panel members to be rude, aloof, and inexperienced at conducting an interview. This is certainly not what I would expect from a university -- especially Ohio State. Needless to say, I saw no point in writing a "thank you" email to anyone on the panel and I withdrew my interest immediately -- in the position and Ohio State University.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

It was just a meet and greet. Job was not a fit for retirement. More jobs than expected are actually “hired”before the job is ever posted. These “meet and greets”help to determine what kind of position may be posted.

Patient Access Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

I was in a room with one woman (there should have been more but I was there so early), she asked me standard interview questions. It was very formal and the woman who interviewed me was a supervisor, but wouldn't have been my supervisor so it felt strange. The first step was a digital interview which was also strange.

Computer Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

good and very pleasant very nice people with great patience and communication. Provide timely update to candidates. Overall the experience was very nice. And I am a osu alumi go bucks!

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. They replied within 2 days to set up an interview. They asked some pretty hard questions for a pretty simple job that was only 15 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had a lot of tasks to do, but not a lot of time to do it   Answer Question

Lab Monitor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

There was no real interview process for this position. The employer just required that you were an Electrical and Computer Engineering student and that you took the labs and performed well in them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. Asked simple questions about your experience and how you get along with others. Heard back the next day if I was offered the job or not. You want to be able to work the whole season 6 months. they don't want people who are working half the season or just summer.

Interview Questions

• how long are you available for?   1 Answer

Student Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I showed up and left a resume for them to review. They contacted me back to inform me that I had gotten the job. I also happen to know they would have contacted me if I had NOT gotten the job. We scheduled an interview that fit with my schedule and and I came in. After that came several weeks of filling out paperwork and waiting for things to happen.

Interview Questions

• How to fix a problem, handle an upset customer, etc. I assume they change it for every person.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Overall it went smoothly. The interviewers are very nice. They ask lots of detail questions about the research and techniques. So be prepared to know your job duties well.