The Ohio State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Ohio State University Interview Questions

Interviews at The Ohio State University

2.5

Patient Access Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

I was in a room with one woman (there should have been more but I was there so early), she asked me standard interview questions. It was very formal and the woman who interviewed me was a supervisor, but wouldn't have been my supervisor so it felt strange. The first step was a digital interview which was also strange.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Typical customer service questions such as how you would handle a difficult patient, an employee who has violated patient privacy, a difficult manager. What is the one reason you would like to work in this position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult patient who is becoming irate with you on the phone?   1 Answer

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Submit my resume and then I had a call back interview with two people. They asked general interview questions. The interviewers were kind and did not try to intimidate me.

Interview Questions

• They asked how did I become interested in law and questions about my previous employment.   1 Answer

Lab Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a pain initially. Was not reimbursed for parking costs and had to park in the garage far away from the building. Was asked a lot of stupid questions not pertinent to the job itself. I was told that was room for advancement when there actually was not. I was offered the position a week later by email. It was straight forward and uncomplicated.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge at your last job and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Schedule appointment with professors in charge of lab and senior phd students working there. The interview asked questions related to past experience and motivation to study and a focus on details.

Lab Monitor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

There was no real interview process for this position. The employer just required that you were an Electrical and Computer Engineering student and that you took the labs and performed well in them.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Rather difficult to get a call back when you enter your application through the traditional portal; it helps if you know someone who works there. I had one phone call with the manager and then was called in for an interview. After the interview, I sat down with members of the staff and they asked me routine questions and allowed me to ask them more questions about the overall environment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Ohio State University.

Interview

Two interviews. There was an online application that I filled out.
    I was contacted by a member of the research team to schedule an interview.
    The first interview lasted about an hour and the second interview lasted 45 mins. No update on salary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      What do your days consist of?   1 Answer

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was an hour long, asked very basic questions of coding languages pertaining the job. Was not given an offer immediately, but was emailed fa couple months later asking me if I still was interested in the position, which I was.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between private and public classes in Java?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online, received offer to interview within a week, brought in for a very relaxed approximately 30 minute interview with two individuals. Was offered the job within the week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite part of your previous job?   Answer Question