The Select Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Select Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.6

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional recruiting process I've been through. The recruiter was constantly asking me what other companies I was interviewing with and really wanting too many details about other jobs/companies I was looking at. They made negative comments about other companies and made me feel bad for interviewing with other companies at the same time. Claimed that they "didn't know where my head was" - that's not their job (in my opinion)

Interview Questions

• What other companies are you interviewing with/when are your interviews/which one do you like?   Answer Question

CAD Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group in August 2017.

Interview

First, the company emailed me by saying I will be working for a different company, after that they called me for two phone interviews and at last a skype interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Select Group (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Interview went well; I thoroughly prepared. Almost to casual of an interview setting. Didn't even have the decency to follow up with me afterwards or return my call to ask how things went. Red flag. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time I gave advice to someone and that person took it, and what was that piece of advice?   Answer Question

Associate Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Select Group (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied via Linked-In, Initial phone call, FaceTime interview, glorified sales position, didn't have a position at a location where I wanted - but told me in our initial phone call that's where I would be interested...

Interview Questions

• Why sales? How will you be a good person for our company in a sales role?   Answer Question
    • What is your background and why do you think you will do well at sales?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I originally applied online, received a phone call and did a brief on-the-spot interview where I just talked about myself and why I wanted to join the staffing industry. Next, I was emailed several questions about why I wanted to go into sales and why The Select Group should hire me. These responses were to be typed up and emailed back to the recruiter. Afterwards, I did a Skype interview with the recruiter. This consisted of typical interview questions, and just served as an additional screening process before granting you a face to face interview with the hiring staff. Soon after I interviewed with two people at their offices, and it went well...or at least I thought. Fairly easy questions, and just a lot of talk trying to get to know each other. I didn't get the job, but they were fairly professional and seem like a decent organization.

Interview Questions

The Select Group Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Chief Experience Officer

Thanks for the feedback on your experience!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Select Group (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone call--personality test, skype, in person, shadow with a member of the team. It's a 2-3 week process. Not very hard..just overly time consuming since they're desperate for employees right now.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Pretty easy interview, interviewed with three different people. Very nice and outgoing people. Don't know why I didn't get the job. They were looking for people with a lot of past sales experience. Still had a good experience though and it wasn't very stressful. There office is in downtown which is neat because it is in the NASCAR hall of fame basically. They all asked me about myself, so basically I did an elevator speech three different times. They called me back about a week later with no offer

Interview Questions

The Select Group Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Chief Experience Officer

Thank you for the feedback!

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

In my case, the interview process was pretty straightforward. I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted the next day by one of the recruiters. I was not impressed by the initial conversation with the recruiter as she lacked professionalism by asking me personal questions. If you ‘pass’ the phone screening and the sales questionnaire, the recruiter will schedule a Skype interview (basically a personality quiz). I was initially interested in the company because the recruiter sold me the idea of working in the IT field as a ‘Delivery Manager.’ I found out that The Select Group is simply another staffing agency. I did not like that the recruiter misguided me in believing the job was more than a sales job. The Account Manager position is just a sales job. The Delivery Manager position is just a sales job.

Applying to this company was a waste of time, if you are considering working here, please do yourself a favor and look at the background of the people that work there. You can find their profiles quite easily on LinkedIn, they all have the same generic LinkedIn profile.

Interview Questions

• Who has been an influence in your life?
      Who has shaped your character?   Answer Question

Apr 6, 2017 – Chief Experience Officer

Thank you for the feedback. For clarification, the Delivery Manager role is focused on locating and placing top talent with our clients. Our DMs build a pipeline of great candidates for presentation... More

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (McLean, VA).

Interview

Need to be outgoing, problem solver and willing to work in a fast paced work environment. The overall interview was straight forward - looking to see if you will fit in the company culture and are able to learn quickly. Overall, a very positive interview experience!

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (Clemson, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Began with an on campus interview that was about 30 minutes long with a recruiter. After that I did an online personality assessment and a few other profiles. Had a follow up phone call with the same recruiter, was invited to move forward but declined. Overall a fairly easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a fit for The Select Group?   Answer Question