The Select Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Select Group

2.7

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Select Group (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Asked about former experience and former employers. Asked specific questions about the technology used and details about job requirements, general work products, and the exact nature of experience at previous positions. Questions were more detailed about positions with similar technologies or work roles. Appearance, presentation, and personality were definitely being measured.

Interview Questions

• I've been interviewed by highly experienced and well trained behavioral interviewers including ones who ask the tough questions. No question was difficult or unexpected since I was well prepared for the ones that might be for other interviewees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Friendly and courteous. Negotiation was not harsh or dismissive. They were honest and direct about what could and could not be offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I originally applied online, received a phone call and did a brief on-the-spot interview where I just talked about myself and why I wanted to join the staffing industry. Next, I was emailed several questions about why I wanted to go into sales and why The Select Group should hire me. These responses were to be typed up and emailed back to the recruiter. Afterwards, I did a Skype interview with the recruiter. This consisted of typical interview questions, and just served as an additional screening process before granting you a face to face interview with the hiring staff. Soon after I interviewed with two people at their offices, and it went well...or at least I thought. Fairly easy questions, and just a lot of talk trying to get to know each other. I didn't get the job, but they were fairly professional and seem like a decent organization.

Interview Questions

The Select Group Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Chief Experience Officer

Thanks for the feedback on your experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

In my case, the interview process was pretty straightforward. I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted the next day by one of the recruiters. I was not impressed by the initial conversation with the recruiter as she lacked professionalism by asking me personal questions. If you ‘pass’ the phone screening and the sales questionnaire, the recruiter will schedule a Skype interview (basically a personality quiz). I was initially interested in the company because the recruiter sold me the idea of working in the IT field as a ‘Delivery Manager.’ I found out that The Select Group is simply another staffing agency. I did not like that the recruiter misguided me in believing the job was more than a sales job. The Account Manager position is just a sales job. The Delivery Manager position is just a sales job.

Applying to this company was a waste of time, if you are considering working here, please do yourself a favor and look at the background of the people that work there. You can find their profiles quite easily on LinkedIn, they all have the same generic LinkedIn profile.

Interview Questions

• Who has been an influence in your life?
      Who has shaped your character?   Answer Question

The Select Group Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Chief Experience Officer

Thank you for the feedback. For clarification, the Delivery Manager role is focused on locating and placing top talent with our clients. Our DMs build a pipeline of great candidates for presentation... More

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group in April 2018.

Interview

Process took a week, I had a phone interview then a Skype interview. I think it went pretty well but I was told a few days later I didn’t get the job. Questions were simple.
    I however did ask about their lack of diversity. The company tends to be 99% Caucasian. (Look at the company photos). I guess that threw them off. Oh well

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Select Group.

Interview

It was a long interview process. The 1st is a phone call ~20 min, the second is a Skype ~1 hr, and the in-person interview was 3 hours long for me. You also have to take a sales profile test.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • You get excited when you talk about (insert your experience here that you've had in college), so what makes you want to do this job and not that? (Basically "Why sales" but a much tougher way to answer)   1 Answer
    • What is the hardest thing you've had to overcome?   1 Answer
    • What is your proudest accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • What makes you like The Select Group over other staffing companies?   Answer Question
    • What other companies are you interviewing with?   Answer Question

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Select Group (Wilson, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview only; for my specific position. I posted my resume on the usual job boards e.g. monster, indeed, career builder, dice, etc. Note: This Glassdoor questionnaire is too time consuming for me to continue any further.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to break/fix questions relating to Business T1, DSL, and Cable WAN/Internet circuits; including Cisco route and switch. Note: This Glassdoor questionnaire is too time consuming for me to continue any further.   Answer Question

CAD Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group in August 2017.

Interview

First, the company emailed me by saying I will be working for a different company, after that they called me for two phone interviews and at last a skype interview.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Interview

Interviewed for an internal communication position with TSG (not an external client). The entire process was timely and thorough, and I was impressed by the team's friendliness and professionalism. They extended the offer to a different candidate, but I still considered the experience to be positive.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous experience prepared you for this project?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional recruiting process I've been through. The recruiter was constantly asking me what other companies I was interviewing with and really wanting too many details about other jobs/companies I was looking at. They made negative comments about other companies and made me feel bad for interviewing with other companies at the same time. Claimed that they "didn't know where my head was" - that's not their job (in my opinion)

Interview Questions

• What other companies are you interviewing with/when are your interviews/which one do you like?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Select Group (Natick, MA).

Interview

Met at career fair then was asked to do a brief “get to know you” interview. This was then followed by a Skype interview and on-site interview. Everyone was super helpful and informative through the entire process.