Ticketmaster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ticketmaster Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ticketmaster.

Interview

I was interviewed by an HR coordinator, program manager, and director. These 3 interviews were about a half hour each, and took place over the phone. Each one asked basically the same questions about my experience and how I could apply it to the position. They all just wanted to get a feel for me to see if I was a good fit, and if I would like the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little more about your experience? What is your ideal company culture?   Answer Question

SEM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with the marketing manager and director of operations + media technology who were both very friendly and intelligent. I talked with each person for about half an hour - going over my resume, what I'm looking for, what they're looking for, etc. Standard interview questions, but it felt way more like a conversation than an interview. Definitely a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I got an email inviting me to an intern information session and group interview. During this process, all the team managers present their work, and you get to talk to the manager you are interested in working with.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, why do you want to work here, what technology interests you, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screening followed by Hackerrank followed by in person. I got a call for phone screening and was asked few technical questions. Then received Hackerrank questions . 2 program and 1 mysql

Interview Questions

• Find customer name in hundreds of file in 5 min   1 Answer
    • Merge and sort data from hundreds of file where a file is too big to open   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had a brief phone interview and was invited on-site to speak with three managers. All the people I spoke with were courteous and professional, however the interview started about a half hour after it was scheduled, which is totally understandable since meetings often run long. Afterwards, I was told I'd be updated on any progress in the process, I followed up several times and no response. Totally understand if I didn't get the position but would like to know where I stand!

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ticketmaster in January 2018.

Interview

I did not apply for the job; the recruiter found me through LinkedIn. Call with Recruiter (30 minutes), plus another call with someone else.
    The recruiter was nice and was very worried about matching what I said I was currently making. After I said that I was ok with the range, another phone interview was scheduled. I was under the impression I was going to talk to the hiring manager but instead it was someone else. He did not properly introduce himself (I have no idea what his role was) and had a thick accent making it hard for me to understand the questions. He did not ask any technical questions and at the end of the interview he said that I was not "technical enough". This person clearly had someone else in mind for the position and just wasted my time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster.

Interview

I applied through a referral from a friend. One brief behavioral phone interview (mostly just them telling you about the process) and then the onsite. Even though I was informed by the recruiter that the onsite interviews would be "mostly behavioral", they were almost entirely technical. The onsite was 2 rounds of 1-hour interviews with 2 engineers. Basically zero behavioral stuff at the beginning, you essentially get there and get asked technical questions right away.

Interview Questions

• Find the maximum sum of a continuous subarray in an array of integers.   Answer Question

Ticketmaster Response

Dec 13, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to connect with the recruiter and hiring team to make sure we are aligned on candidate communication. I am thrilled to see you accepted the offer... More

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from a recruiter within a week. Scheduled a call with the recruiter, which was a pretty standard 30 min review of background and fit. The recruiter said that I seemed to be a great fit and would pass my resume along to the hiring manager that day. Received an email a few hours later from the recruiter, saying that the hiring manager would like to speak to me that week.

Had a phone interview with the VP of Product (hiring manager). The interview was straightforward, with him asking basic product sense/work questions and offering opportunities for questions; the interview was conversational and lasted for around an hour. From this interview, I gathered that the team was quite lean (~2 PMs) and they desired someone who could wear a lot of hats. This is quite similar to my current role, which seemed to be a plus for him. None of the questions were out of left field.

Interview ended and never heard anything further from the recruiter (>1 month ago). Moderately unprofessional and would've appreciated some follow-up, but this seems to be par for the course at Ticketmaster after looking at other Glassdoor reviews.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me your experience with wearing lots of hats on a team?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

They contacted me through email and wanted to set up an onsite interview. The recruiter did not get back to me in time and decided to schedule it for the week after that, and then did not get back to me again. Eventually the recruiter called me on a weekend in the evening and set up an interview for the following week. I was told that the interview would be behavioral and situational.

However, once I came onsite for the interview, the interviewers were awkward, and they took a glance at my resume before they started asking me technical questions. One of the questions was that I had to code up the algorithm for a real world product (a graph searching problem), and I came up with a viable solution that the interviewer did not like. He then told me an incomplete and non-optimal algorithm, and even acknowledged that that it was so but he wanted me to come up with his algorithm.

For the second round, the interviewer was a recent grad, and he was very nice and he asked me 3 medium level LeetCode questions. We worked through the problems together and it was a pleasant experience.

In the end, the recruiter never got back to me, and it has been well over a month. The whole process seemed disorganized and the HR department is slow to give updates, so you should expect to hear from them in a week or two (if at all).

Interview Questions

Ticketmaster Response

Jan 8, 2018 – Recruiter

We’re surprised to hear this and sincerely sorry that your candidate experience was less than exceptional. This is not our typical experience and far from what we strive to offer. Thank you for... More

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ticketmaster (Hollywood, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Definitely had a positive experience despite my hyper-nervousness (it was my first career interview). They asked me how to delete the nth from the last node of a linked list and I bombed it. The junior developer, however, took the time to calm me down and slowly went through the next question (implementing calculator with stacks) despite the fact that we both know I wasn't competent for the internship.