Ticketmaster Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Ticketmaster Reviews

Updated May 8, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Ticketmaster Presidents Jared Smith and Mark Yovich
Jared Smith and Mark Yovich

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • long hours, not too much work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Employees aren't trained properly/at all and when upper management complains about mistakes (in 15 reviews)

"Great engineering culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Ticketmaster has been doing a great job embracing modern development standards over the last few years, maintaining a hybrid on-prem/cloud infrastructure environment.
    - Developers work in small well-focused teams and are held to high standards for both application stability and feature quality.
    - The company follows a Devops culture where engineers are responsible for developing features, managing automation and testing, as well as deployments and support. This has helped encourage teams to focus on quality when building products.
    - Good opportunities for internal management training and learning with free access to Safari online books.

Cons

- Pay is lower than average, but the perks and culture across the teams makes up for it.
    - Senior leadership tends to micro-manage high priority projects

Advice to Management

Continue to work on the culture from the top down to improve trust throughout the organization. The town halls and fireside chats work but require that those doing them are sincere in their communication.

Apr 30, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review! We always appreciate hearing from our employees. I will be sure to pass along your recommendations to our senior leadership.

2. "Good stepping stone and hands-on networking"

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

Great working hands on with cabling/routing, clientwork.

Cons

Work/Life balance, season gets pretty packed and tough where you might work long hours.

"Customer Service Help Desk"

Former Employee - Customer Service Help Desk Representative in Pharr, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Help Desk Representative in Pharr, TX

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, paid time off, free tickets

Cons

Never get back what you put into your work. "Help desk" is supposed to be a "promotion" in customer service but there is no pay increase and they just pile on more work, not worth the hassle and a very underappreciated team. Management is concerned with their own projects and goals and customer service reps are really treated like the bottom of the totem pole. Forced to fight for policies with customers until a customer escalates and to avoid having to take the call, management will advise to just give the customers what they want so there's no point in following "policy". They add new projects and training programs like Fan Clubs, NFL, Frontgate Tickets, but dont have any incentives for being forced to learn and apply new programs every other month. The pay is not worth it at $9.40 an hour, definitely not a living wage. When you bring your concerns to the attention of superiors they talk to you but no changes are ever made. In a company as big as Ticketmaster, basically a monopoly, they should at least pay their employees a living wage. When pay is discussed, Management has said the reason they located their main call center in South Texas is because of the low cost of living which let's the company get away with the low wage. Very low morale over all and turnover rate is ridiculous because of it.

Advice to Management

Take the concerns of the employees seriously instead of trying to put everything to bed.

May 16, 2018 – HR Director

I'm sorry to read about your experience in our Contact Center. We strive to provide our employees with a great work environment and encourage employees to raise their concerns so we can appropriately... More

"Accounting/Finance Departments"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overall an excellent company. Many perks like tickets every now and then. Being able to come to work not dressed in a Business Suit should NOT be underrated. They are working hard on Diversity and Belonging at the lower levels.

Cons

Diversity needs to reach the top. Mobility is VERY difficult. Especially between LN and TM. I know examples of the company actively working to stop mobility between the internal divisions. Keeping talent in house should be priority. Change is good but so is stability. Finance is especially poorly compensated as being the money people every dime is attempted to be squeezed because management takes pride in saving. That means we are over worked and underpaid. If a comparison is done between finance and the tech side in terms of spending,it would be easy to see this is true.

Advice to Management

Value and trust your employees. Things as simple as providing laptops so I can walk to the second floor to work goes a long way. You want me to work overtime? Give me a laptop so I can work from home as well as spend time with my family. Even a Friday work from home day once a month would bring tears to my eyes!

5. "Intern"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Ticketmaster part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Intern Program with many opportunities to learn

Cons

Mangment can sometimes forget interns exist

6. "Great Company"

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

Paid time off, relaxed work environment and good people

Cons

Alignment with other departments

7. "Finance Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free tickets, nice breakroom/lounge, cool events on site

Cons

Finance definitely feels like the black sheep of the family in comparison to the tech, engineering, and marketing teams. The amount of liability we are responsible for handling all the money doesn't compare with the salary, whereas the mentioned departments have exorbitant salaries .

Mobility definitely seems like it will be difficult to achieve

Advice to Management

Allow more inter-department shadowing and exposure to lines of business, or compensate accordingly so talent does't leave at the first opportunity

Apr 30, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to provide a review on your experience. Always make sure to leverage your HR business partner and manager to talk through career mobility opportunities. We fully support... More

"Poor career advancement"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free concert tickets, Good health benefits.

Cons

Poor management, non-competitive salary, no advancement

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for growth and advancement.

Apr 30, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking time to provide your experience and recommendations.

9. "Review"

Pros

Free tickets and random giveaways

Cons

Training is horrible to say the least. Employees aren't trained properly/at all and when upper management complains about mistakes... I really don't know what to tell you. Like a majority have said, it's really a sink or swim environment.

10. "Ticketmaster review"

I have been working at Ticketmaster part-time

Pros

Good Benefits, Great Attendance policy

Cons

lots of training and know how, lowest pay for any call center. but hardest to learn