Ticketmaster Reviews | Glassdoor

Ticketmaster Presidents Jared Smith and Mark Yovich
Jared Smith and Mark Yovich

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • long hours, not too much work life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Upper management does not trust in or believe in the people that work for them (in 14 reviews)

1. "Senior software engineer"

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

Cons

Fast paced environment, inexperienced managers

Dec 7, 2017 – Talent & Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review and great score!

2. "Sales Rep"

I worked at Ticketmaster part-time

Pros

Great working enviornmet. Developed interpersonal skills

Cons

Limited room for advancement opportunity

Advice to Management

Better security

3. "VP"

Current Employee - Vice President in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A culture that inspires, a place that you can contribute to meaningful and challenging work, surrounded by talented, bright, diverse, good people, leadership and an HR dept that truly cares about its people, a casual, fun, and exciting workplace, titles mean little and all have a voice, you can make an impact, great opportunity to grow and move within the larger Live Nation family, the stability of a mature company but the feeling of an entrepreneurial start up. Love it! Best job and team I've ever been part of!!!

Cons

A lot of change! That's to be expected of a company that remains relevant and competitive. Would like to see and hear more from the president and executive leadership, both Ticketmaster and Live Nation. Wish there was equity to offer and larger annual salary increases given our company's year over year success.

Advice to Management

See cons

4. "Fun place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Latest technologies, Smart coworkers, 2 weeks paid company shutdown by the end of year. Good work life balance.

Cons

Great overall vision, but constantly changing strategy, poor leadership and execution.

Advice to Management

The potential is there, but until management and culture issues improve, Ticketmaster will be vulnerable to the competition that's rapidly on its heels.

5. "Ticketmaster Customer Service Rep Review"

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, open door policy with upper management, fair paid time off, room to grow and move up in the company.

Cons

Lower level employees pay is not a living wage. Mid-management likes to throw their work on lower level employees.

"Age & Color Discrimination"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free concerts, that's it! There's really nothing else because their website doesn't work most times.

Cons

Don't even apply at this company if your 45 and older. Hostile work environment. Once my boss found out my age, it was down hill from there. Fortunately, I'm in a career field where I was able to bounce back very well. Everyone gets older, it doesn't mean that you become stupid. I think that my boss just desired to be around very young women because he is a huge flirt. Once of these days he's going to flirt with the wrong girl. Can you sexual harassment?

Advice to Management

Jared Smith and Mark Yovich, please open your eyes and see that the age & color discrimination in your company is real!!

"Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay for Los Aneles area. Free event tickets for concerts. Interesting space given the disruption of StubHub, SeatGeek, etc

Cons

This company does not care about its people. Leadership is weak and indecisive. Changing strategy often without communicating their vision to the company or leaders. They position themselves as a modern tech company, but stuck in old processes, old tech and unmotivated people that are unwilling to change. Lack of a clear strategy results in a lot of internal job changes, employee angst or removing of teams with little planning or care.

Advice to Management

Focus on a strategy, communicate it to your leaders and trust them to do their jobs. Undermining your leaders and micro managing them shows a lack of experience, confidence and trust from a president.

8. "Ticketmaster is a fun and rewarding place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The top leadership is very much interested in constant improvement, which bodes well for continued company success. Specifically, the company seems to be catching up with providing internal opportunities for career advancement. It doesn't seem like in the past that was emphasized. In addition to the numerous FREE live event tickets, there are lots of fun parties (Halloween, Winter holidays, off-site ditch days, smaller team gatherings etc.). The benefits in general are above average, and the time off is stronger than any of the large companies I've worked for (2 weeks in Dec/Jan that most teams take off and doesn't count towards your vacation!).

Cons

Some of the lack of structure that the company is working on in terms of compensation and career growth opportunities still exists.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard on improving and becoming more like the best companies to work for (which seem to be meritocracies), while staying true to our own values. Pay attention to career mobility and compensation as these things matter, as does transparency.

Dec 13, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Happy holidays and thank you for the great review! We appreciate the feedback on career mobility and compensation, and I want you to know this is a talent management priority in 2018. Enjoy the... More

9. "Great!"

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

Awesome people, great benefits, very interesting

Cons

long hours, not too much work life balance

Dec 4, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear you enjoy working at Ticketmaster.

10. "Temporary staffing always tempted with the staffing carrot."

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There will always be work. Varied schedule needs. 3rd shift options. Some potential to move into staff roles.

Cons

If not TM/LN staff, you're low on the totem pole. Schedule adjustments hard.

Advice to Management

Be clear about the reality of bringing temporary staff on.

Dec 7, 2017 – Talent & Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your comments, if you want to share any ideas please contact the event manager or supervisor that you usually communicate with, we could benefit from hearing ideas that you have to improve... More