Tom Thumb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

1.7

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Arlington, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later asking me to come in for a one on one interview. Asked about my experience, availability, and skills. Nothing too stressful. Haven't been on many interviews so I was noticeably nervous, but the manager was very polite which made me feel more at ease.

Fuel Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tom Thumb.

Interview

It was a pleasant experience. The interview was a typical interview where they ask you questions about yourself and your experience. If that goes well, they hire and train you, which takes about a day.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Great is east and the people were really nice . They ask personal questions relating to the job and want to to answer with real sense.the have a fear team and I'm glad to worn for them

Interview Questions

• How do you solve this problem................................   1 Answer

Home Shopper (Dot Com) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Coppell, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online for the Coppell store and got a call a couple of days later asking me to come in for an interview.

Arrive at the time and date agreed on the phone and the person I was scheduled to see bluntly tells me she doesn't have time and gets someone else to do it. This other person clearly doesn't know much about the job as shes not even sure what position i'm applying for until I tell her. I ask some questions about the job like hours etc but she can't answer any without having to leave to call the person I should be talking too. Having meant an appointment with the person on the phone I was disappointed they couldn't keep it but what was worse was having an interview with someone who knew nothing about the job and had clearly no idea she would be interviewing me. I was asked no questions but told to come back in to fill out some forms and get hired.

When I arrived back a couple of days later they had no idea I was coming in, again an appointment we agreed to. There was an issue filling out some of their forms on the computer but I agreed to bring some more documents which could possibly help when I came in for training on the Monday.

So I come in on Monday with my documents and the woman I had seen last time tells me she doesn't have time to see me today, can I come back tomorrow! After this I tell them I don't want to job and leave.

This was the most unprofessional interview process I've been through. Each time we agreed to meet there was never anyone with time to see me. My treatment by this store has been terrible, I can only imagine what its like to actually work there.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trophy Club, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Trophy Club, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I sat at a table at the cafe and the lady interviewing came and asked me questions. I'm pretty sure they were already planning on hiring me since the sticky not they handed me at the end was already on my interview paper. It was alright. The questions were generic and lady interviewing didn't seem like the friendliest but she wasn't harsh. The sticky note basically told me that I had to come 9:30 on Wednesday and bring my ID, SS card, and checking account info. This is my first job so I'm excited to start even though this wasn't my first choice. I just really need the experience to get a better job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Apply Online
    They call you
    Go to the interview
    If they are truly interested in you they will hire you on the spot for me it was my first job they leaned more in to my personality and how well would I handle rude and demanding customers

Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Richardson, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Sat at the cafe table and manager asked questions about experience and hours, mostly looking for employees with a flexible schedule but also friendly and positive, got hired on the spot and was told to come in 2 days later

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The manager asked for a brief history about yourself, previous experience, and why do you want to work here? It was an easy and quick process. You start off at minimum wage.

Cashier/Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Carrollton, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fairly straight forward, asked me about school and what my goals are for the short and long term, and then after I was administered a drug test, and after that
    I began orientation.

Cashier/Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Southlake, TX).

Interview

They ask you about 10 questions regarding your values. They want you to "tell a story when...". It is very easy. If needed, you can even make up stories. It doesn't even matter. They just want to know if you know what compromise is, what integrity is, if you help people, if you are nice, etc.