Tom Thumb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

1.6

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick and to the point. I basically walked in and got the job. They asked my availability and I told them. They told me what they needed and it was a perfect fit for the hours that I needed

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Arlington, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later asking me to come in for a one on one interview. Asked about my experience, availability, and skills. Nothing too stressful. Haven't been on many interviews so I was noticeably nervous, but the manager was very polite which made me feel more at ease.

Fuel Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tom Thumb.

Interview

It was a pleasant experience. The interview was a typical interview where they ask you questions about yourself and your experience. If that goes well, they hire and train you, which takes about a day.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Great is east and the people were really nice . They ask personal questions relating to the job and want to to answer with real sense.the have a fear team and I'm glad to worn for them

Interview Questions

• How do you solve this problem................................   1 Answer

Home Shopper (Dot Com) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Coppell, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online for the Coppell store and got a call a couple of days later asking me to come in for an interview.

Arrive at the time and date agreed on the phone and the person I was scheduled to see bluntly tells me she doesn't have time and gets someone else to do it. This other person clearly doesn't know much about the job as shes not even sure what position i'm applying for until I tell her. I ask some questions about the job like hours etc but she can't answer any without having to leave to call the person I should be talking too. Having meant an appointment with the person on the phone I was disappointed they couldn't keep it but what was worse was having an interview with someone who knew nothing about the job and had clearly no idea she would be interviewing me. I was asked no questions but told to come back in to fill out some forms and get hired.

When I arrived back a couple of days later they had no idea I was coming in, again an appointment we agreed to. There was an issue filling out some of their forms on the computer but I agreed to bring some more documents which could possibly help when I came in for training on the Monday.

So I come in on Monday with my documents and the woman I had seen last time tells me she doesn't have time to see me today, can I come back tomorrow! After this I tell them I don't want to job and leave.

This was the most unprofessional interview process I've been through. Each time we agreed to meet there was never anyone with time to see me. My treatment by this store has been terrible, I can only imagine what its like to actually work there.

Dotcom Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Basic interview with basic questions. The drug test will be the most tedious part of the interview. Don't be afraid to state your schedule restrictions, they will work with you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Tom Thumb Driver   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very basic questions, the kind you'd expect. About 20 minutes of relaxed conversation and then I was scheduled to come in the following day to be officially hired. Quick and easy.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trophy Club, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Trophy Club, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I sat at a table at the cafe and the lady interviewing came and asked me questions. I'm pretty sure they were already planning on hiring me since the sticky not they handed me at the end was already on my interview paper. It was alright. The questions were generic and lady interviewing didn't seem like the friendliest but she wasn't harsh. The sticky note basically told me that I had to come 9:30 on Wednesday and bring my ID, SS card, and checking account info. This is my first job so I'm excited to start even though this wasn't my first choice. I just really need the experience to get a better job.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Allen, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Typical questions were asked. No questions were too abstract. All questions were general and didn't delve too much into your character. Overall the interview was pretty plain and simple, nothing really too much to stress over.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tom Thumb (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called the next day after applying to schedule an interview. After coming in for the interview I was asked one question and then I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• What examples can you give of a time you dealt with a difficult person?   Answer Question