TraceSecurity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TraceSecurity

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at TraceSecurity

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TraceSecurity in October 2018.

Interview

Interview was straight forward. I interviewed with several employees and they were all very friendly. Asked basic questions and to elaborate on related experience. Overall, nothing out of the average interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the position? What do you know about the company? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TraceSecurity (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I first had an email interview asking me several questions. I then had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The interview process took a little longer than expected but it was due to a manager being on vacation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide detailed information on how a network worked. I was also asked multiple technical question regarding IT security.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TraceSecurity (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

I provided my resume. I then got a call back in a couple weeks, had phone interview with direct supervisor. I then went for onsite interview with team leader (non-technical) and direct supervisor (technical)

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TraceSecurity (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2012.

Interview

A manager calls and does a brief phone interview and gives you a background of the company. Than a face to face interview is held where you meet with the manager to discuss your skills, your experience, and the job opportunity. Then a second interviewer comes in to assess your skills level and you take a brief test. Your told to give it a week and you should hear something back one way or another.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the basic knowledge questions and questions regarding your resume. They ask a multitude of technical questions to gauge your overall knowledge base and see where you stack up within the ability to learn more as well. Questions regarding networks, trouble shooting PC issues, TCP/IP issues, and various other tech questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straight forward. Email offer sent with opportunity to decline or accept and maybe even negotiate the salary a bit.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TraceSecurity (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

It was a normal experience. Except for one of the fellow coworkers who participated in the interview managerst did not have any idea of what the infosec field is about.

Interview Questions

• Actually the interviewer went through a difficult moment when I asked a very simple question I asked. She was completely clueless. Later I saw why so many complains about managers there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple. An offer that I needed to take.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TraceSecurity (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Not a difficult process. The company is constantly short of personnel. It was a good opportunity to go back to the IT field

Interview Questions

• There was not a difficult question. The process was straight forward.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The company does not really give room for negotiation. There is an offer and you take it. Though the offer was below the market, my conditions at the moment were desperate.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TraceSecurity.

Interview

Phone call with directors and technical manager. My impression was that they want to gather basic information about your previous experiences, and how you deal with travel.

Interviewers were friendly but not tech savvy. This plays in your favor if you have some kind of experience.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions about your preferences and past experience. The company is always looking for new personnel given the rotation rate.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TraceSecurity (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back, like the office environment in general. I met with a few people who worked within the department and then with the VP of Sales.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TraceSecurity.

Interview

People who interviewed me were very formal and open (Phone interview) Unfortunately they appeared to lack serious expertise. They didn't understand some of the questions I asked!!

Later I spoke to an analyst who better explained me job details and clarify me some aspects that previous people couldn't explain. (? )

They should better clarify the expertise they require, and I mean it in a good sense. Tracesecurity is looking more for people with little or no experience. Tracesecurity doesn't even match the lower range of market salaries.

Though interviewers let you relax, it should be remembered that prospect employees also judge a company.

Interview Questions

• The analyst was the one who asked serious questions about my experience and skills, but nothing that can't be answered. Some details about metasploit (very simple indeed) , basic networking and TCP/IP.   2 Answers

There were three factors. They really offer nothing for relocation (barely covered airfare). They should be upfront and indicate that they don't offer relocation. In that way the interviewee nor the company wastes time in this process.
    - The salary is too low. I seriously doubt that they get experienced personnel.
    - Though the conversation with the analyst was very instructive the previous people (a Vice-president and a lady who is a manager) baffled me with their apparent ignorance.