TransMarket Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TransMarket Group

3.6

Sort:

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in September 2014.

Interview

At first, there were some questions about resume and trading experience including work experience and project details. Then they asked about some technical questions using probability and calculus like other interview questions. Then I was asked about some more advanced questions about options like Black scholes formula, volatility, delta, and delta hedging. Passed first round and there is going to be four more rounds.

Interview Questions

• What's wrong with B-S model?   1 Answer

Junior Trader Interview

Interview

Submitted Resume and was contacted later that day to schedule a phone interview. Had an interview the following week with one of the traders. We talked about my background, then he had me answer 5 math questions. All of them were pretty hard. You need to study up before the interview on your probability.

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransMarket Group.

Interview

Applied on the University Career Center Website. Receive email to scheduel an Interview.
    For the first round, we would like to set up a 30-45 minute phone interview with you. Questions are meant to test foundational topics in calculus, probability & statistics, and finance at the level that would be presented in introductory level undergraduate courses. We recommend having scratch-paper and a calculator on hand.
    We strongly recommend you have a firm grasp on the topics listed in the book Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives by John C. Hull. Most successful candidates spend at least 10 hours prepping for this interview. Unfortunately we cannot provide any further information.

Upon successful completion of the first round, the next step is a more advanced phone call covering the concepts in the Hull book, followed by a personality/fit phone interview, and finally a full day in person interview.

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TransMarket Group.

Interview

A senior trader at Transmarket reached out to me via LinkedIn to schedule an interview. The firm seems to have a unique culture. It was described to me as being a cross between an IBank and a Tech firm, reach really just means the are trying to create a Google-like collaborative and fun environment by putting a ping pong table in their office and taking their employees on ski trips.

Interview process is pretty absurd. They ask you to read a textbook on derivatives and spend 10 hours studying.... Seems a little excessive given they are only one of many firms I was interviewing with at the time.

Interview Questions

• First round was a brainteaser/statistics/probability round.

First question: you have two fair dice, the sum of which is equal to the value of a security. You have a call option on this security with a strike price of 7. If you are two roll each die once to give you the security value, what are you willing to pay for this call option?

Second Question: You have two coins, one fair coin and one with heads on both sides. You randomly choose one of the coins and flip it twice. The results are heads and heads. What is the probability that the coin you flipped is a fair coin.

Third Question: You have a spherical balloon that is deflating at a rate such that the radius is decreasing at a constant rate of 4cm/min. At what rate is the balloon deflating when the radius is .25cm.

Fourth Question: You have a circle with a radius of one. What is the probability that two randomly chosen points connected by a chord have a length greater than 1?

Second Round was all fit. Seems like a pretty unique firm in terms of culture (ski trips, paintball, golf, etc.). The first two guys I interviewed with seemed pretty cool, but the guy from the third round seemed like a hardo.

Third Round: They ask you to spend 10 hours reading Hull's textbook on options and futures, which is just about enough time to learn the very basics of options and futures if you have no background. I interviewed with a French guy with a very heavy accent, making it real difficult to comprehend anything coming out of his mouth.

First Question: You have a revolver with six chamber slots, and you load two bullets next to each other. You fire the gun once and it's not the bullet. You have the option to either re-spin the chamber, or fire again. Which gives you the higher probability.

Second Question: Call option at the money with strike of 100. What is a rough value for the price of the this option. What is the delta of this option?   5 Answers

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in November 2014.

Interview

1st round : Finance/Probability/Statistics - Ask to review Options, futures and other derivatives.
    You may train yourself with some brainteasers. Don't underestimate fit questions, and the classical "why do you want to be trader"

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in October 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview - Starts off basic, you run though your resume. Then there are some personality questions (who is your role model, how do you determine right from wrong, what philosophy do you live by, etc.) Then the interview gets real. Recruiter asks you financial questions that start relatively hard and then get harder. Firm expects you to know a lot about bonds, discount rates, etc. Be sure to have a strong mathematic and financial background (More so than what you would expect for an entry position.

Interview Questions

• Can a zero coup bond go above par?   3 Answers

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting and got a first round interview 2 weeks later.
    They ask you to read Hull's finance book, which is regarded as the bibble in trading to certain extent.
    This first round tests on basic undergraduate probability problems, 30-45 min. The second round is advanced level, still phone interview. The third is a whole day interview and in the person at Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the chance of throwing 5 coins and there are at least 3 in row   4 Answers
    • what is the delta at the money   2 Answers
    • 100^2-99^2+98^2-97^2+96^2-..+2^2-1^2   1 Answer

Junior Trader Interview

Interview

Applied at my career fair, phone interview about 2 weeks later, quick why did i want the job and then right into tough stats questions, only lasted about 10 minutes as i was embarrassingly unprepared the interviewer was clearly sure i wasnt a viable candidate, they tell you to prepare for 10 hours and assign a book, i lightly read the first 100 pages, wasnt near enough

Interview Questions

• given xyz about stocks a,b what is gamma, all stats questions\   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Interview

Met with a recruiter at my University's career fair. Spoke with him again on the phone very informally. The recruiter gave me some info about the company and asked about my skills and aspiration. Second round interview was very difficult technical questions.

Interview Questions

• All questions were difficult, none unexpected. They gave me a practice interview and recommended books to study.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a response a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was with a trader at the firm. He was clearly tired from the day and was not very enthusiastic. All questions were math and quant based. Not terribly difficult. But some questions seemed a bit odd to me, as they had nothing to do with trading. I have traded for about two years, so I figured the questions would be more trading based. There were NO questions about options or understanding of the market. The interviewer was helpful in giving me hints to some of the questions I was having trouble with, but didn't seem too sympathetic. I hadn't taken a Stat or quant class since college, so some of the questions I missed were due to forgetting some standard formulas and what not.

Make sure you practice A LOT of logic/quant/stat based questions. I used the "Heard on the Street" book, which was helpful. But to be honest, the questions transmarket asked were much more difficult then those in the book. Also, it is much more difficult to answer questions when you can't go back and re-read them. I would practice having someone else ask you the question and limit the amount you look at the actual practice questions.

I was very impressed with how thorough the interview process was. That being said, it is a very black and white process. Very little questions about your background and/or "fit"/personality questions. Have your calculator ready!

I've interviewed at many of the top prop shops in the Chicago, this was by far the hardest first interview I've ever had. Be sure to practice--Good luck!

Interview Questions

• -If the radius of a sphere is expanding at a rate of 4 metres/second, and the starting radius is 0.25 metres, what is the volume of the sphere after 2 1/2 minutes?

-if the mean of X=4 and the variance of X is 9, and the mean of Y=5 and the variance of Y is 16, what is the standard deviation of X + Y given a relationship of -3/8 (x to y)?

- there are 3 faucets. Faucet #1 can fill a sink in 20 min, F#2 can fill a sink in 12 min, and F#3 can fill a sink in 5 min. If all 3 faucets are running at the same time, how long will it take for the sink to fill?   6 Answers