TransMarket Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransMarket Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.6

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransMarket Group.

Interview

Half-hour phone interview, scheduled in advance. One interviewer calling to ask you questions, including walking through resume and several technical questions about probability and statistics. Number of questions depend on the time and how fast you solve the problems.

Interview Questions

• Walk through the resume   Answer Question
    • Given two perfectly correlated random variables, what information about X, Y do you need to deduce value of X?   Answer Question

Quantitative Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group.

Interview

first was some behavioral questions, then went through my resume, then several technical questions.
    took about 1 hr overall.
    great experience though, helped me realize where I should improve.
    questions on glassdoor are totally useless in my case, though I took one whole days to go through it.
    hope that I could get another chance with Transmarket in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

first round technical interview about probability and option. second round behavioral. final round is onsite superday. failed behavioral. The interviewer said something about sending coding test, but never did.

Interview Questions

• throwing dice for 5 times, probablity of throwing at least 3 ones continuously   Answer Question

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

it looks two week to process. The interview was conducted by phone. Asked some background and relevant experience and asked some technical question. Rating your C++ experience, then test some concepts of C++ and data structure. Also they will ask your risk preference. Be prepared to answer those questions!

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interviews with their senior trader, and i didnt get pass that round. Like previous reviews, they will ask you couple probability questions in the phone interview. Be sure you are familiar with the basic probability question. I think i did okay with those questions as i can provide some numerical answers that he provides. However, the interview went bad for me when the trader asked me if i follow the trade market. I didn't really follow the current trade market and the trader seems disinterest about me afterwards.

Interview Questions

• basic probability questions. they ask me about expectation and standard deviation also.   Answer Question

Quant Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

There was one round of phone interview for 30 minutes, and if you pass, there will be another one before they invite you to onsite. The question is a mix of background, fit, market sense and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, technical question about options and some probability brainteasers. The interviewer wanted to know why I was interested in trading and asked about my view on the S & P 500 going forwards into the year

Interview Questions

• Determine the value of an option given strike and underlying price   1 Answer

Quantitative Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There are totally 4 rounds of interviews. 2 technical and then a behavioral, finally a superday. The gap between 2 interviews is quite long. The interviewers are very nice, and it's better to ask for hints when stuck.

Algorithm Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

it looks two week to process. The interview was conducted by phone. Asked some background and relevant experience and asked some technical question. Questions are like rating your C++ experience, then test some concepts of C++ and data structure. Then asked some machine learning concepts to test whether you know or not

Interview Questions

• Typically C++, data structure question and machine learning question. What is inline function? what is virtual function? what is static function? Why should we use that function? The running time for hash table? what the difference between queue and stack? What is the advantage of neural network model than logistic regression?   Answer Question

Algo Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Coding test 4 C++ question in 3 hours... really easy..
    2. Phone interview: cv and basic question in machine learning, linear algebra, calculus and prob
    3. Phone interview: cpp concept , algo