Treyarch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Treyarch Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2017

2.7

Game Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch.

Interview

First step was a video questionnaire about your design methodology, who I was and what not. Step 2 was a moderately lengthy (finished was about 7 pages) design test involving many level/balance/systems design questions. I assume step 3 was a phone interview then on site interview.

Interview Questions

• One question was to draw a rectangular level layout with certain dimensions given.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Treyarch in April 2017.

Interview

All interviews I had were over Skype due to my non-local presence.

Firstly there was an interview asking basic questions, mostly about linear algebra, C/C++ language features, small programming challenges (also in C++), and finally some more specialized questions about my interests specifically.

Afterwards the second set of interviews involved a programming/general knowledge "written" exam, an actual programming test (writing actual code to be compiled based on specifications provided), and finally a series of additional in-depth interviews about programming, my specific interests, and general soft skills.

Everything in the process went rather smoothly in my opinion other than it taking a good amount of time overall (which isn't necessarily a problem), and while local presence would likely have been better due to the moderate quality of the Skype call, the convenience of doing it remotely balances it out.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Treyarch (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process started with me applying online. After some time I was contacted and was sent a design test which I had a week to do. After the design test I had several phone interviews and an eventual skype interview with multiple teams.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a game using 3 fruits?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Treyarch in April 2017.

Interview

First round online skype interview, then a long wait, followed by a final round online skype interview interview (1 hour), with 1 hour allotted time programming test that had a code / paper section.

Recruiter was very nice, interviewers were personable. Skype can be rough.

Gave feedback after interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Treyarch (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was great. They called me asked me a few questions about myself and then about 2 weeks they called me again for a phone interview. Then I had a to make a video about myself discussing why did I want to join Treyarch and what doi I expect to gain out of this.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch in February 2017.

Interview

Two engineer interviewers. Started from introducing previous projects. Then bunch of technical questions such as hash table, stack & heap, C++ key words, virtual table, delete element in array, 3D math (dot/cross product).

Interview Questions

• What's are the usages of dot product and cross product?   1 Answer

Systems Designer (Combat) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and around 2 weeks~ later I received an email. I spoke with the recruiter and she let me know about the position and the company. As I was fairly local they gave me the opportunity to come in and speak with the team.

Most places have you interview over the phone or complete a test first. This was an awesome experience to meet with the team face to face. +1 for that.

After the initial meet a test was given and then a follow up interview if all went well. E3 added a small delay to the whole process, but nothing major.

Overall it was a positive experience, the recruiter and team were professional and anyone would be lucky to work with those awesome people!

Interview Questions

• Typical, what have you done in the past? What they do there.

I met with the whole team I would be working with as well as upper management. They were all really relaxed and easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Character Technical Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Start with I received a email from Senior Recruiter Jennifer. She is very efficient. Very quickly, I had a phone interview arrangement with Technical Art Director Murad and Technical Artist Stev. A week after the phone interview, I went to a onsite interview to meet Murad and the team in person. It was a very fun interview. People there are very talented, and they are very passionate about what they do, which is to make great games.
    Although, I did not receive a offer, recalling what I had experienced through the entire interview process, I have to say, it was a very positive and fruitful journey. And I am very thankful for it.

Interview Questions

• If you have to choose again, would you choose a different position, what job would you most likely to take?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Went to Treyarch office at Santa Monica. Interview was strictly technical, focusing on programming. Interview wasn't extremely difficult. Interviewer was professional and clarified as needed. Process was about one hour.

Animation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch (Savannah, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application through Glass Door, and received an e-mail within a few weeks asking if I was interested in interviewing. Before setting up an interview, I was required to film myself answering a few questions. I was encouraged to have fun with it and took the chance to be creative and show my personality. After this was submitted I was asked to participate in a formal interview with four animators. Over Skype I was able to speak with and answer questions from who would ultimately be my supervisors during the internship.

Interview Questions

• What 3D packages are you familiar with?   1 Answer