Treyarch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Treyarch

2.7

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Treyarch in April 2017.

Interview

All interviews I had were over Skype due to my non-local presence.

Firstly there was an interview asking basic questions, mostly about linear algebra, C/C++ language features, small programming challenges (also in C++), and finally some more specialized questions about my interests specifically.

Afterwards the second set of interviews involved a programming/general knowledge "written" exam, an actual programming test (writing actual code to be compiled based on specifications provided), and finally a series of additional in-depth interviews about programming, my specific interests, and general soft skills.

Everything in the process went rather smoothly in my opinion other than it taking a good amount of time overall (which isn't necessarily a problem), and while local presence would likely have been better due to the moderate quality of the Skype call, the convenience of doing it remotely balances it out.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Treyarch (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process started with me applying online. After some time I was contacted and was sent a design test which I had a week to do. After the design test I had several phone interviews and an eventual skype interview with multiple teams.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a game using 3 fruits?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Treyarch in April 2017.

Interview

First round online skype interview, then a long wait, followed by a final round online skype interview interview (1 hour), with 1 hour allotted time programming test that had a code / paper section.

Recruiter was very nice, interviewers were personable. Skype can be rough.

Gave feedback after interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Treyarch (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online through there site, recorded a video answer questions, then an on-site interview. Overall straight-forward but tripped up on a "this isn't a trick question" question. Although I was told the interview process would happen at a certain time, include lunch, and last for 3+ hours.. he interviewers came in late after having lunch (I ended up waiting 30 minutes or so for them in the lobby), and the whole thing lasted maybe 50 minutes before they showed me out. Overall neutral experience if not a little unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What games have you played lately, other than what we make here at Treyarch?   Answer Question
    • What on your reel is a school assignment?   1 Answer
    • Other than games where do you draw your inspiration from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy process. Once you apply for the job online and meet the initial qualifications, the recruiter assists you in setting up a Skype interview with a team from the department you applied to. The call was on time and was the perfect length, not too many questions to overwhelm you, but just enough for them to get to know you and what you can do. Even though I was not selected for the position I cannot speak highly enough of the professionalism of the animation team I interviewed with and the recruiter (Senior Recruiter Jennifer Ripley) who helped me along the way. It was a great experience from start to end.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in teams or individually?   Answer Question
    • How are some ways that you might handle and resolve a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Treyarch (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was great. They called me asked me a few questions about myself and then about 2 weeks they called me again for a phone interview. Then I had a to make a video about myself discussing why did I want to join Treyarch and what doi I expect to gain out of this.

3D Animator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch.

Interview

I interviewed with 8 persons including PM, Animation Leads, and Team members. They were very nice and patient. The interview went pretty well but i didn't get the job. I would re-apply to them in the future.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was to tell them an example when i do above and beyond my duty.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Went to Treyarch office at Santa Monica. Interview was strictly technical, focusing on programming. Interview wasn't extremely difficult. Interviewer was professional and clarified as needed. Process was about one hour.

Senior Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Treyarch (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Onsite interview with 3 people. 2 Producers and the lead. Completed the test, which they loved. When it came time for an offer, suddenly there were 'complications' with everything in the 11th hour. Despite my test being "One of the best we've seen", my qualifications suddenly werent good enough. Was offered a lesser position with far less pay, and was told, "But think of all the overtime you'll be getting!"

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Treyarch (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Given game design test to be completed on my own time--was given general design outline, had to flesh out and implement using tools from a previous CoD game. Public documentation is sparse, so took some finesse to get working.

Phone screen, talked about design test and previous experience with Lead Scripter.

On-site interview, met with senior design team, discussed experience, design test, design philosophies, some hypothetical design scenarios. Also met with one of the engineering leads, who asked me some engineering-oriented questions. I suspect this may have been unique to me, given my engineering background.

Interview Questions

• You have experience in other areas, so why do you specifically want to be a designer?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Treyarch (Waynesboro, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I think you guys are really wondering who should be hired and who deserves it. Treyarch is as also a very careful company and don't just let anybody in without interviewing the firsthand.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to work?   1 Answer