Tufts Health Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA).

Interview

I was contacted via temp agency. I was interviewed by the manager and her supervisor. The majority of the questions were about the functions of the job and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since I was working with a temp agency. I already knew my salary before the interview.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I recently interviewed for a position at Tufts Health Plan, and have happily accepted a position.

The HR department was very responsive and involved. They gave me great insight into each step of the process, and useful feedback.

There was one initial phone interview followed by two rounds of in person interviews. In all it was quite a comprehensive process, meeting with many potential team members to ensure compatibility on all side.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the ways you use to keep up to date in current trends in what you do.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan.

Interview

They moved pretty quickly. I heard back within days of applying. Had an impromptu phone screen with HR when they called. I would have preferred to schedule that versus unintentionally taking an unplanned extended lunch break as I was about to walk back into the office. I thought they were calling to arrange the phone screen, so I said I had a moment. Thirty minutes later...
    After, they arranged for a call with the hiring manager within days, and brought me in a week and a half later. Offer extended a few days after the interview. HR was polite, but seemed disorganized. Conflicted messaging, last minute changes and adjustments, etc.

Interview Questions

• What's something you failed at in your career despite putting forth your best effort, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took two months. I met a recruiter at an event. Several weeks later, I was contacted by the recruiter. The next day, we had a brief phone screen. The next week, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later, I had in-person interviews with several members of the team. A few weeks later, I had a final interview with the manager and leader of the group. A few days later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What project management knowledge area do you think is the most important?   1 Answer

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Received a phone cal from the recruiter first. Went over my credentials and experience and talk about responsibilities, schedules, company history, short, medium and long term plans etc. We mutually agreed that a one on one meeting/interview should be set up with the hiring manager as well as members of the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to work different shifts, be on an on-call rotating schedule etc.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan.

Interview

It is a pretty typical process. Phone screen followed by an in person interview. I met with a few different people in the department all of whom were very nice. Afterwards I debriefed with the HR recruiter. We discussed how the interviews went and I was told they wanted to hire someone ASAP and I would hear back very soon. Basically implying that they really liked me and I should expect an offer. I left and then never heard from anyone again. Until two months later when I received an auto generated email that said I didn't get the position. I really wasn't surprised by this as I know from experience that Tufts is not the most professional company and their HR department is sub par at best. Word of advice to anyone applying is to keep your expectations low.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the department that would make everyone's job easier.   Answer Question

Fraud Prevention and Recovery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a telephone screening interview with the HR/Recruiter based on my online submitted resume. The interviewer didn't seem to know more than the basics of the position, and it was difficult to convey to her what I did and how my experience was relevant. The telephone interview took about 50 minutes. There was no follow up (was supposed to be within a week), just radio silence. I eventually heard that someone else had been hired. No thanks, but no thanks email.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

First I applied online and with a couple of days HR called asking typical questions. I set up a phone interview with the hiring managers. Same type of questions we just walked through my resume. Then after a week I set up a on site interview. I was given a offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• They where entry level questions that wanted to see what your train of thought was. ie. Why is there a spike in claims for the month of December.   1 Answer

I declined the Offer because it was a low offer for Boston, Small health insurer, More competitive offers from other companies.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within a week of submitting my application to schedule a phone interview which was set for the next day. After the phone interview I was offered an onsite interview a few days later. The actual interview was very situational based and was solely about customer service experience that last about 30-45 minutes. Immediately after the formal interview I took a typing test, after waiting 15 minutes for the test results I was offered a position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time someone tried to get confidential information from you?
      What is a time you went above and beyond at work?
      Answer Question

Appeals and Grievances Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with HR, then shortly after I met with two supervisors for a little over a half hour and then returned to HR to take a grammar test. The two supervisors were very nice and made me feel comfortable during the process. Each asked a good amount of questions about past experiences, personal opinions and about my interest in Tufts Health Plan. Overall the entire process was a positive experience and very minimal wait time was entailed.