Tufts Health Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager, then a follow-up in-person interview with the hiring manager's manager and a colleague. Then... radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a difficult client and how you handled it,   Answer Question

Jul 26, 2017 – Human Resources

We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant candidate experience during the interview process. We always aim to provide prompt feedback, and are disappointed you did not receive that. If you... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA).

Interview

Phone interview first where a recruiter asked questions specific to position that he was reading off a script. Asked a question about how to do X and I replied and he said I was wrong and then read what the engineers wrote. It was doing the same thing using a different method. He then said something about how he was a more technologically minded recruiter (ugh).

Then for the in person interview it was 4 hours and I met with multiple people. There was a test where I had to interpret some graphs, and I believe there were coding questions to see if I understood what the code was doing. They did not really offer much context, so it was more difficult than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• Handed a printout of SAS code and asked what it was doing.   1 Answer

Apr 25, 2017 – Human Resources

We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant interview experience with one of our recruiters and the team hiring for the position. If you would like to discuss further, please let us know.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA).

Interview

Quick HR phone screen that led to an in person interview with the hiring manager. Took almost a month to hear back from them and was asked to come back in to meet with manager of the hiring manager. This was supposed to be the last round of interviews. Never heard back from them after meeting with the managers manager...not even a automated email saying that they decided to go another path. Interview questions were really canned questions, no real thought process put behind them.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength? Can you describe a tough situation you were in and how you got out of it?   Answer Question

Apr 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA).

Interview

I was contacted via temp agency. I was interviewed by the manager and her supervisor. The majority of the questions were about the functions of the job and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since I was working with a temp agency. I already knew my salary before the interview.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I recently interviewed for a position at Tufts Health Plan, and have happily accepted a position.

The HR department was very responsive and involved. They gave me great insight into each step of the process, and useful feedback.

There was one initial phone interview followed by two rounds of in person interviews. In all it was quite a comprehensive process, meeting with many potential team members to ensure compatibility on all side.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the ways you use to keep up to date in current trends in what you do.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan.

Interview

They moved pretty quickly. I heard back within days of applying. Had an impromptu phone screen with HR when they called. I would have preferred to schedule that versus unintentionally taking an unplanned extended lunch break as I was about to walk back into the office. I thought they were calling to arrange the phone screen, so I said I had a moment. Thirty minutes later...
    After, they arranged for a call with the hiring manager within days, and brought me in a week and a half later. Offer extended a few days after the interview. HR was polite, but seemed disorganized. Conflicted messaging, last minute changes and adjustments, etc.

Interview Questions

• What's something you failed at in your career despite putting forth your best effort, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took two months. I met a recruiter at an event. Several weeks later, I was contacted by the recruiter. The next day, we had a brief phone screen. The next week, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later, I had in-person interviews with several members of the team. A few weeks later, I had a final interview with the manager and leader of the group. A few days later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What project management knowledge area do you think is the most important?   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter who was hiring for alot of insurance companies in the area. met with the recruiter and interviewed with the company and was hired on a contract. made full time in about three months.

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Received a phone cal from the recruiter first. Went over my credentials and experience and talk about responsibilities, schedules, company history, short, medium and long term plans etc. We mutually agreed that a one on one meeting/interview should be set up with the hiring manager as well as members of the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to work different shifts, be on an on-call rotating schedule etc.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan.

Interview

It is a pretty typical process. Phone screen followed by an in person interview. I met with a few different people in the department all of whom were very nice. Afterwards I debriefed with the HR recruiter. We discussed how the interviews went and I was told they wanted to hire someone ASAP and I would hear back very soon. Basically implying that they really liked me and I should expect an offer. I left and then never heard from anyone again. Until two months later when I received an auto generated email that said I didn't get the position. I really wasn't surprised by this as I know from experience that Tufts is not the most professional company and their HR department is sub par at best. Word of advice to anyone applying is to keep your expectations low.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the department that would make everyone's job easier.   Answer Question