Tufts Health Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tufts Health Plan

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan in April 2014.

Interview

the interview process was pretty straight forward and was scheduled to meet all interviewers on the one day. I got the offer a few days after that and attended orientation the following Monday

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA).

Interview

Applied online via company website. Had a brief screening over the phone, and asked to come into office in Watertown.

Horrible experience, incredibly rude leadership.

Arrived about 15 minutes early, and asked to fill out a quick application form. I was advised the women I would be meeting with was in a meeting, and would be with me shortly. 5...10...15.....20.....finally 35 minutes pass and I'm told she is still running late. 45 minutes later she finally walks into the office I'm sitting in, and she looks at my resume for the very first time. She spent five minutes looking over the resume, clearly it was her first time looking at it ... And she asked if I had any questions. I just stared at her in amazement. Wow! Really?

Absoloutly zero communication in this office, and no respect for me as a candidate. You couldn't look at the resume prior to me coming in? How about being on time?!

This experience made me cringe.... Oh but to make matters worse I overheard the the reception people talking about how a candidate was already choosen.... Thanks for wasting my time.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan.

Interview

It is a pretty typical process. Phone screen followed by an in person interview. I met with a few different people in the department all of whom were very nice. Afterwards I debriefed with the HR recruiter. We discussed how the interviews went and I was told they wanted to hire someone ASAP and I would hear back very soon. Basically implying that they really liked me and I should expect an offer. I left and then never heard from anyone again. Until two months later when I received an auto generated email that said I didn't get the position. I really wasn't surprised by this as I know from experience that Tufts is not the most professional company and their HR department is sub par at best. Word of advice to anyone applying is to keep your expectations low.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the department that would make everyone's job easier.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process took a very long time - almost two months. I met with two separate teams as they weren't sure which team I would be on when they were hiring. I ended up going in 4 times to meet with different people. It is thorough, which is great because they really hire people they like but it was a little exhausting.

HR was great about keeping me in the loop, though.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to do with your career? What is your ultimate goal?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the manager at first. Then, I had an in-person group interview with the manager and supervisors. The questions were not difficult and were mostly about my previous experience (run of the mill situational questions) and whether or not I was prepared to work a primarily desk-based job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA).

Interview

Phone interview first where a recruiter asked questions specific to position that he was reading off a script. Asked a question about how to do X and I replied and he said I was wrong and then read what the engineers wrote. It was doing the same thing using a different method. He then said something about how he was a more technologically minded recruiter (ugh).

Then for the in person interview it was 4 hours and I met with multiple people. There was a test where I had to interpret some graphs, and I believe there were coding questions to see if I understood what the code was doing. They did not really offer much context, so it was more difficult than it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• Handed a printout of SAS code and asked what it was doing.   1 Answer

Tufts Health Plan Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Human Resources

We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant interview experience with one of our recruiters and the team hiring for the position. If you would like to discuss further, please let us know.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Medford, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

First coordinated with an HR specialist. Availability to come in was limited, so we had to schedule out by a couple of weeks. My interview was primarily informational, so I wasn't expecting an offer. Even though I wasn't applying for a specific role, they had me apply online for something that was in the general area of interest.

When you arrive, you'll need to complete a CORI form, but it's only submitted if you are offered a role. Come in a few minutes early so you can fill it out. My meeting was 1:1 with the people on the team, so I could get a good overview of what the team is responsible for. It consisted of the department head and various team managers. The styles of each person are different, as you'd expect. Some will follow a more traditional format, whereas others will be more informal and conversational in style. At the end, you'll likely meet with an HR recruiter who will ask questions to get your feedback on the process, where you are with your search and salary expectations, etc. They have two sister properties that fall within the umbrella of Tufts Health Plan, so there may be options there even if there isn't a fit right now. Overall, a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a work personality that you have difficulty working with.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA).

Interview

I applied on line, supplying a resume and cover letter. I received a phone call to set up a phone interview with a recruiter from the Tufts (contract working in their HR dept). That interview was a basic getting to know you call.

I received a request to interview in person. I met with the Director of Training. I was asked to then come back for a second interview and be prepared to make a presentation. The topic could be anything from the Tufts Health Plan website, 30 minutes, for 10 people. Turns out they had 15 show up. The audience of your presentation fills out a survey afterward.

Before and after the presentation I met individually with 3 other training team members. Each had their own list of questions they wanted answered. All were pleasant.

I was told I would receive a call the following week and was asked to only contact the recruiter, not the director. After no call was received I called the recruiter who asked for another week as the outlook was promising, but they had not yet made a decision. I called back again after not hearing for another week and found my recruiter no longer worked there. I had to call the Director to find out who I should be contacting. Her lack of enthusiasm providing me with that information told me I didn't get the job, but no one would actually say it.

Through the new recruiter I found the position had been filled.

I also found out when I saw the same position posted multiple times, they were actually multiple training positions for different divisions that I could have been applying to. There is no indicator in the job posting what division the posting is for, and each reports to a different director.

Interview Questions

• After my presentation I was asked why I had chosen that particular topic from the website. I thought that was an interesting question.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan.

Interview

The initial interview was with the sales manager. The second interview was a group interview with the sales and account management staff. A third interview was conducted by the human resources department.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you versus the other finalists?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was not difficult as it was handle primarily by human resources.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA).

Interview

I was contacted via temp agency. I was interviewed by the manager and her supervisor. The majority of the questions were about the functions of the job and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since I was working with a temp agency. I already knew my salary before the interview.