UM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.6

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was rather quick and easy. I first took a math test, a week later a phone screening, then two days later a round robin. I received my offer the next day. Everyone was super nice and the office is beautiful. I felt terrible turning this down as it was a great experience, but salary wise they are below market value and I had other offers.

Interview Questions

• Math questions: mainly all basic percentage questions
      Name a time you overcame a challenge in a leadership position.
      Why UM?
      Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Associate, Portfolio Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call screening, invite to hiring event in the office, interviews in office. At the hiring event, you're interviewing with 5-15 other candidates. It is a round robin style interview and you meet with managers on several different teams to see where you would fit best.

Manager, Search & Social Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 7 people on 2 different days.

1st. Phone screen with internal recruiter
    2nd. Interview with 5 people
    3rd. Interview with 2 people

Recruiter kept saying he'll know and reach out in a day or two. Then kept pushing it back. Finally got an offer after about a month, when it was only supposed to be a few days.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Search and Social advertising   1 Answer

Budget Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. They asked questions about my prior history in advertising and finance along with an assessment test on variances and excel models. Both interviewers were lovely and they gave me adequate time for the test along with a good Q & A on the role and company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous roles and how that can impact this role.   1 Answer

Assistant Media Planner - Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It was lengthy, I must have interviewed with five different people. Although this is somewhat endemic to the industry, it seems unwarranted the number of people I spoke to that I no longer ever see or work for.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experiences can translate to work in advertising?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a casual conversation. They wanted to know who I was, my experience. Then we just had a conversation that was professional and casual. It was chill and easy. But I guess they needed someone since their department has such a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Decision Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

From first interview to my first day on the job it will be 1 month. Extremely pleasant process with the internal recruiter keeping me up to date throughout. Phone interview with recruiter and first interview with the managers in person. Great conversation on what I can bring to the table. Then a second in person with managers in different areas I would be interacting with. Overall very easy process and great interviews. Couldn't be happier with the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated up front to have highest salary in the range

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview first, and then a face to face interview. The phone interview was very brief and for the face to face interview, we reviewed the resume and had a casual conversation about past relevant experience.

Digital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UM.

Interview

Went through HR and then met with the hiring manager. It was pretty painless and had basic questions. The hiring manager first asked me for a copy of my resume, and I when I gave it to him he said, "good job, first step over," or something like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with imperfect data.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process includes interviews with multiple account managers. The interviews were somewhat laid back and most of the questions were about myself and my interests rather than my previous work experience. The interviewers were interested in finding interns that best fit the culture and work ethic of their specific accounts.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you think you would be a good fit for this account?   Answer Question