UM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.6

Budget Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. They asked questions about my prior history in advertising and finance along with an assessment test on variances and excel models. Both interviewers were lovely and they gave me adequate time for the test along with a good Q & A on the role and company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous roles and how that can impact this role.   1 Answer

Assistant Media Planner - Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It was lengthy, I must have interviewed with five different people. Although this is somewhat endemic to the industry, it seems unwarranted the number of people I spoke to that I no longer ever see or work for.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experiences can translate to work in advertising?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a casual conversation. They wanted to know who I was, my experience. Then we just had a conversation that was professional and casual. It was chill and easy. But I guess they needed someone since their department has such a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Decision Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

From first interview to my first day on the job it will be 1 month. Extremely pleasant process with the internal recruiter keeping me up to date throughout. Phone interview with recruiter and first interview with the managers in person. Great conversation on what I can bring to the table. Then a second in person with managers in different areas I would be interacting with. Overall very easy process and great interviews. Couldn't be happier with the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated up front to have highest salary in the range

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview first, and then a face to face interview. The phone interview was very brief and for the face to face interview, we reviewed the resume and had a casual conversation about past relevant experience.

Digital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UM.

Interview

Went through HR and then met with the hiring manager. It was pretty painless and had basic questions. The hiring manager first asked me for a copy of my resume, and I when I gave it to him he said, "good job, first step over," or something like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with imperfect data.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process includes interviews with multiple account managers. The interviews were somewhat laid back and most of the questions were about myself and my interests rather than my previous work experience. The interviewers were interested in finding interns that best fit the culture and work ethic of their specific accounts.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you think you would be a good fit for this account?   Answer Question

Digital Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for a Digital Media Planner position via LinkedIn on 12/3/15. I was contacted the next day 12/4/15 by Jessica Rigby from Talent Acquisition. We scheduled a phone screen for 12/8/15 to discuss my background/experience. I reached out a week later via email to follow up on the status of my application. Jessica scheduled an in-person interview for me with 2 people on the J3 account on 12/18/16. It turns out the interview had nothing to do with the position I applied for. We discussed afterward and I mentioned this. Fast forward to 1/4/16, Jessica contacted me to meet with the BMW Mini team and I was glad because I was very excited about the opportunity. We made sure to schedule a time that worked with the VP. The day of the interview, I showed up and it turns out the VP wasn't even there. A few employees tried to help me meet someone else on the team. The meeting didn't last very long but I was hopeful that I would hear back from HR to reschedule to meet with the VP. I never heard back. I didn't receive an apology from HR nor the BMW Mini team for wasting my time and because of that I never reached out. It's highly unprofessional to treat potential candidates this way; it says a lot about the company overall.

Analyst, Advanced Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

HR and On site technical round. The HR round was basic. The technical round lasted for 2 hours with 4 people within the team. The team was friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions included regression and optimization questions. Tools: SAS, SQL   Answer Question

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (Birmingham, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a good straight forward interview, Just be very confident and know what your talking about with your past experiences and past jobs. Always be confident, and don't think that you need them, make sure you act like they NEED YOU and your in.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in Media? What are your goals in 5 years?   Answer Question