United Microelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2018

2.3

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2012.

Interview

fill in form provided by HR , then go for I to 1 interview with hiring manager. He will ask some technical questions and behavior questions. after that, waiting for around two weeks to receive the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will base on your background and experience to assess your salary grade.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

Chinese is the language used during interview!
    no technical question asked.
    How interview is easy.
    But the HR is a bit rude, and arrogance,
    Nothing much as the whole interview process is without any substance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Basically it need you to take logical testing before the interview. You may choose to speak english or chinese during the interview, and it takes around 40 minutes. You will be informed by another day whether you are offered or rejected.

Application

Interview

Before interviewing, you will go through a logical test which takes about 20 minutes.
    After that, your supervisor come and interview you. The HR is very friendly. And the interview

Interview Questions

• General questions. How much you know about this company?   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Interview

Not many questions, mostly were on the background questions, education and previous job experience. Pretty simple and fast process. The interviewer was very passion to wait for me while filling up the form.

Failure Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Skype interview --> Hiring Manager interview --> Head of Department interview --> Taiwan HQ interview.

Whole interview conversation in Mandarin and English. Major in Mandarin, English just to ensure you are able to speak in English.

Interview Questions

• 1. Normal HR question e.g. Describe yourself, why you want to leave your old company.
      2. Some technical Q&A about your experiences.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Microelectronics in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager and HR were kind , they asked me about 10 questions in less than half an hour, and tried to make sure I fitted the position or not. However , they gave me many many suggestions about the interview skills , it was an very good experience.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2011.

Interview

HR will contact you by phone, and offer to conduct the interview by phone if you're overseas. Alternatively, if you choose to do it in person, you will be interviewed by the manager of the department you are applying for. If all goes ok, they will let you know the results within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in leading a production team.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

HR will make a phone call to have a first screening, then they will email to you the date and time for face to face interview. During the interview, HR will give you a short IQ test, about 1hours to answer the question, then the hiring manager will come in to interview you. Asking your previous working experience, willing to working overtime or not, and the working environment is very challenging and high stress, are you ready to cope it?

Interview Questions

• What you know about semiconductor? Why you wanted to work with us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief introduction of personal background, working experience, working content and working skills.
    Explaining the basic principle of working content. Describing personality, and the way for solving problems. Give an example for everything that you have mentioned.

Interview Questions

• What's the reason to leave current company.   1 Answer