United Microelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at United Microelectronics

2.4

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2012.

Interview

fill in form provided by HR , then go for I to 1 interview with hiring manager. He will ask some technical questions and behavior questions. after that, waiting for around two weeks to receive the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will base on your background and experience to assess your salary grade.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

Chinese is the language used during interview!
    no technical question asked.
    How interview is easy.
    But the HR is a bit rude, and arrogance,
    Nothing much as the whole interview process is without any substance.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Microelectronics in August 2018.

Interview

Interview involved a 20 min logical test with 33 questions. Questions are weirder and more difficult towards the end. The interview is conducted in Chinese and conversation is casual. Interviewer appears tired, distracted and has an unpleasant/ condescending attitude. Overall not a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something special or outstanding about yourself   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Interview

Was ask to complete a logic test followed by an interview with equipment team engineer and supervisor. Talked about previous work experiences and if willing to work long hours and shift work. Both interviewer were friendly and nice throughout the whole process

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

Sports interview which you can choose to attend basketball, badminton or some other sports you r really good at. Next round will be face to face interview. FTF interview is about some basic question, no need to prepare so many technical question.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose to join UMC?
      How long you plan to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Basically it need you to take logical testing before the interview. You may choose to speak english or chinese during the interview, and it takes around 40 minutes. You will be informed by another day whether you are offered or rejected.

Application

Interview

Before interviewing, you will go through a logical test which takes about 20 minutes.
    After that, your supervisor come and interview you. The HR is very friendly. And the interview

Interview Questions

• General questions. How much you know about this company?   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Interview

Not many questions, mostly were on the background questions, education and previous job experience. Pretty simple and fast process. The interviewer was very passion to wait for me while filling up the form.

Failure Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Skype interview --> Hiring Manager interview --> Head of Department interview --> Taiwan HQ interview.

Whole interview conversation in Mandarin and English. Major in Mandarin, English just to ensure you are able to speak in English.

Interview Questions

• 1. Normal HR question e.g. Describe yourself, why you want to leave your old company.
      2. Some technical Q&A about your experiences.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Microelectronics in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager and HR were kind , they asked me about 10 questions in less than half an hour, and tried to make sure I fitted the position or not. However , they gave me many many suggestions about the interview skills , it was an very good experience.