United Microelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.2

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring process is overall, good. Recruiter replied every question that I had, and the interview arrangement was flexible as well. However, as this is a Taiwan-based company, so the second interview was carried out in Mandarin. Get prepared for it! Not much technical question asked, maybe cos I'm a fresh entry. They focused more on your background, problem solving skills, teamwork.

Equipment Engineer Interview

Interview

Not many questions, mostly were on the background questions, education and previous job experience. Pretty simple and fast process. The interviewer was very passion to wait for me while filling up the form.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief introduction of personal background, working experience, working content and working skills.
    Explaining the basic principle of working content. Describing personality, and the way for solving problems. Give an example for everything that you have mentioned.

Interview Questions

• What's the reason to leave current company.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

HR will make a phone call to have a first screening, then they will email to you the date and time for face to face interview. During the interview, HR will give you a short IQ test, about 1hours to answer the question, then the hiring manager will come in to interview you. Asking your previous working experience, willing to working overtime or not, and the working environment is very challenging and high stress, are you ready to cope it?

Interview Questions

• What you know about semiconductor? Why you wanted to work with us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Etch Equiment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

Quite easy interview.
    Firstly, 20 minutes logical test.
    Secondly, interviewed by team in charge to ask your background and experience.
    Can choose to use Mandarin or English during interview. Very nice supervisor and HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Basically it need you to take logical testing before the interview. You may choose to speak english or chinese during the interview, and it takes around 40 minutes. You will be informed by another day whether you are offered or rejected.

Application

Interview

Before interviewing, you will go through a logical test which takes about 20 minutes.
    After that, your supervisor come and interview you. The HR is very friendly. And the interview

Interview Questions

• General questions. How much you know about this company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

Chinese is the language used during interview!
    no technical question asked.
    How interview is easy.
    But the HR is a bit rude, and arrogance,
    Nothing much as the whole interview process is without any substance.

Thin Film Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

first, it is written test, about the IQ. It takes about 10 mins to finish it, then two HR come and ask me something simple about the background of my education and it takes 30 mins to finish it.

Interview Questions

• why u want to work in UMC?   1 Answer

Failure Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Skype interview --> Hiring Manager interview --> Head of Department interview --> Taiwan HQ interview.

Whole interview conversation in Mandarin and English. Major in Mandarin, English just to ensure you are able to speak in English.

Interview Questions

• 1. Normal HR question e.g. Describe yourself, why you want to leave your old company.
      2. Some technical Q&A about your experiences.
      Answer Question