United Microelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.2

Defect Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted at their company site located in Pasir Ris. The entire interview process took about one hour, including 20-min assessment and about 40 min face-to-face interview. There are 30 MCQs written in Chinese traditional and testing your IQ, it's hardly possible to complete the test within the given duration. For the FOF interview, there were usually two interviewers, one is the section manager and the other his/her assistant/subordinate. The interview was in Chinese.

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was quite smooth and HR was quite nice to reschedule my interview appointment when I informed them I was not available for the original date. Before the interview began, candidates had to complete a numerical and logical quiz on the spot, and the allowable time was around 45 minutes. The interview was conducted by a senior representative of the department which the job position belongs to.

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Microelectronics in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager and HR were kind , they asked me about 10 questions in less than half an hour, and tried to make sure I fitted the position or not. However , they gave me many many suggestions about the interview skills , it was an very good experience.

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring process is overall, good. Recruiter replied every question that I had, and the interview arrangement was flexible as well. However, as this is a Taiwan-based company, so the second interview was carried out in Mandarin. Get prepared for it! Not much technical question asked, maybe cos I'm a fresh entry. They focused more on your background, problem solving skills, teamwork.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief introduction of personal background, working experience, working content and working skills.
    Explaining the basic principle of working content. Describing personality, and the way for solving problems. Give an example for everything that you have mentioned.

Interview Questions

• What's the reason to leave current company.   1 Answer

Equipment Engineer Interview

Interview

Not many questions, mostly were on the background questions, education and previous job experience. Pretty simple and fast process. The interviewer was very passion to wait for me while filling up the form.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

HR will make a phone call to have a first screening, then they will email to you the date and time for face to face interview. During the interview, HR will give you a short IQ test, about 1hours to answer the question, then the hiring manager will come in to interview you. Asking your previous working experience, willing to working overtime or not, and the working environment is very challenging and high stress, are you ready to cope it?

Interview Questions

• What you know about semiconductor? Why you wanted to work with us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Etch Equiment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

Quite easy interview.
    Firstly, 20 minutes logical test.
    Secondly, interviewed by team in charge to ask your background and experience.
    Can choose to use Mandarin or English during interview. Very nice supervisor and HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Basically it need you to take logical testing before the interview. You may choose to speak english or chinese during the interview, and it takes around 40 minutes. You will be informed by another day whether you are offered or rejected.

Application

Interview

Before interviewing, you will go through a logical test which takes about 20 minutes.
    After that, your supervisor come and interview you. The HR is very friendly. And the interview

Interview Questions

• General questions. How much you know about this company?   Answer Question