United Way Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Way Interview Questions

Interviews at United Way

2.6

Loaned Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

Brief phone call to schedule an in person interview, then the in-person interview was held by a relationship manager who asked a few questions and interview lasted for about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume
      What do you know about United Way?   Answer Question

Community Impact Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Way in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone screen, then an in-person interview with Executive, then individual meetings with board members. Because of COVID it was mostly through zoom. It was a long process but I can understand why it was like that.

211 Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Way (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very easy. Straight forward questions. Interviewed by the Assistant director
    Written empathy test used to determine your range of empathy.
    Most difficult part was the suicide role play. This was used to determine your suicide assessment skills.

Community Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Dayton, OH) in January 2020.

Interview

Good first phone interview and within a week scheduled for an in person interview for two weeks later. Met with 3 individuals, one who would be my direct supervisor. Pretty typical behavioral question roundtable. Took about 45 minutes total. I was prepared with my portfolio and questions for the team. Overall a positive interview experience.

I was told there were five final candidates and all would be interviewed over the next week and I would hear back by the 10th of the month. At this point I believe I’ve been ghosted by the HR department. I sent follow-up thank you cards, but nothing from the company. I really think this is bad practice from such a reputable company that I donate to from every paycheck currently.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a bad coworker who caused issue for you, and how did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

Very straight forward the interviewer mentioned there would be multiple interviews in the process but seemed pleased with what she saw. They said they will reach out within a few days with a verdict

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Three employees heading three departments all related to the project. All seem to be very new hires and not very experienced in interviewing. I was ready - they hemmed and hawed...didn't go through my resume'! A few behavioral questions - not a lot of thought went into their interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to handle an angry..yada, yada.   1 Answer

Service Champion Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

Simple conversation. The lady was kind and very straightforward. Also you will file another application at this time. Not much too say to be honesty.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for the program?   1 Answer

Care Navagator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Cleveland, OH) in October 2019.

Interview

Found the job online on Indeed and applied. First time application. About a week later I was scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview with the HR department as an inicial phone screening.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Way (New York, NY).

Interview

Had 3 interviews and then didn't hear back, despite following up twice. It was a pleasant process until then, but I was really surprised by the radio silence even after I tried several times to just get a quick email response of yes or no.