United Way Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2018

2.6

Corporate Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Way (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview went great, was told I'd be contacted n a few days for a second interview. After ten days I followed up with an email to schedule a second interview. The interview was scheduled within twenty minutes of my follow up email. Second interview went well. Was given two weeks expectations for a turn around time. Tried following up with the interviewer via email but no response. We are four weeks from my second interview. I got completely ghosted. Very unprofessional for a major non profit.

Corporate Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with a VP in the development department 1 on 1 for about an hour. It felt pretty conversational, with the focus on her understanding more of my experience and interests, building off of my resume and cover letter. I also had a chance to ask quite a few questions about what working at United Way is like.

Job Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Way (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come on to the team after spending a summer there as an intern. What they want to know is if you're passionate about helping others, and your ideas for the future of the organization.

Interview Questions

• How do you want to develop this program and what do you think it is lacking at the moment?   Answer Question

United Way Response

Nov 12, 2015 – Chief Financial and Administrative Officer

We're glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience and even more pleased that you joined us as a regular employee. Over the years, we've found that many of our best candidates for full... More

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Way (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Called Kathy and after asking a few questions about my experience she had me come in for an interview and was interested in hiring me, then I just had to wait for the background to come back and started right away

Interview Questions

Negotiation

she was interested in me right away because of the referral who contacted her and told her about me

Vista Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Way (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick response and turn around for hiring process. Was a pleasant experience overall. There were two people present at the interview. Both were friendly and allowed for lots of open ended questions.

Vista Interview

Interview

I got an interview because I called, showed interest, and asked the right questions. The first part of the interview was lead by the main interviewer. She asked lots of typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• The second part was a round robin with three or four other people asking objection questions such as: how do you feel about having a positive attitude while working with the poor, how are you going to adapt to a different culture (I was moving), etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, this is a VISTA position. If you are interested in coming back as a VISTA leader / want to work for them mention it early. (Great way to get your foot in the door by working for them for two years first, though I haven't started working for them yet.)

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Way (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Pleasant interview that lasted about thirty minutes. It started out by the interviewer giving a short history about the company, department structure and internship details then it followed by general questions from my resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

Very laid back, one on one interview. They will be interested in your prior community service experience, be prepared to give examples. The interview is basically just a walk through of your resume. They focus on your strengths rather than asking about weaknesses. It's not a typical interview with question and answer, rather very conversational.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very lax - was interviewed informally and my hiring director left the company one week after I started. Very unorganized and not a proper structure. Told me that they would structure position around me and then did not.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

very brief interview process. submitted application and heard back about a week later. had interview in person; very relaxed process. mostly behavioral questions. nothing was particularly challenging. very nice experience and smooth application process