United Way Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.7

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Way (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Pleasant interview that lasted about thirty minutes. It started out by the interviewer giving a short history about the company, department structure and internship details then it followed by general questions from my resume.

Call Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Way in October 2017.

Interview

Very efficient and organized from start to finish. I declined second interview due to salary range and limited upward mobility within this section of the company. Interviewers were very professional and welcoming throughout the process.

Manager Interview

Interview

This review is specifically for United Way NYC. Would not recommend. I received absolutely no follow-up regarding my status after multiple interviews. It would have been helpful to receive some type of update after reaching out several times. Lack of follow-up is not a good sign, in my opinion.

Resource Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. I was called to interview over the phone in order to screen for an in person interview. The phone interview went well.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Tacoma, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 3 executives after an email with instructions on how and where to park, etc. It took approx. one hour. They took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Specific past experiences and proposed solutions to certain issues   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was called about a week after I applied and asked to come in for an in-person interview the following week. I interviewed with the supervisor of the position and the employee who has the job previously and who had moved up to a new role. They were very welcoming and made me feel comfortable.

Digital Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an initial interview, a call back and a shadow day. Very organized and within a timely manner. The first interview was was pretty lengthy but they didnt ask super tricky question. Just a general overview of my experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important characteristic for someone to have?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview--interviewed by 4 total staff members who I would be reporting to, then was told I would hear back the next day if I was moved to second round. Went on to second round with a peer interview.

Loaned Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied, they got back to me quickly to set a time for an interview. They kept me informed throughout the process. Wonderfully easy. Then they said they would be in touch, probably by the end of the week. This was Tuesday morning. Nothing, nothing, nothing. I emailed, which generated a "we'll be in touch" reply. I sent along an relevant article and an announcement for a local workshop, which generated "thanks for this" responses. Finally, 3 1/2 weeks later, they responded to my "I'm still interested" email with the notice that they had filled the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the United Way of King County and what inspired you to apply? How would this fundraising position enhance your personal and professional career goals?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a group that you were a part of was in danger of missing a deadline. How did you handle the pressure and what steps did you take to meet the deadline?   Answer Question
    • Think about a difficult supervisor or coworker. What made him or her difficult? How did you successfully interact with this person?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you surpassed a customer's expectations or went beyond for a customer. What was the result and looking back, is there anything you would do differently?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a successful experience in presenting or public speaking. How did you prepare? What made your presentation / speech a success?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you made a plan that did not work out. What were the circumstances and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you met a challenging goal. What was the goal? Describe your approach.   Answer Question

Digital Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Nashville, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

The first round was a brief phone call about the position. It was very pleasant and went well.

Then they reached out to me for another call, and I assumed I had a second interview.

Once on the call, I realized they were asking me the same exact questions, and it was the same person as before.

An absolute waste of time.