United Way Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Way Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.6

Special Events Interview

Interview

One phone interview that lasted about 20 to 30 minutews. One final in-person interview that probably lasted the same amount as the first, with an offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• Any marketing experience? Name a challenging work situation.   Answer Question

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online. About a week later, I had a phone interview with HR. They later brought me in for a panel interview. That was followed by an hour-long writing test, which was pretty easy. Everyone was friendly and the process was simple.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle ambiguity?   1 Answer

Corporate Relations Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

I went straight to the panel interview with hiring manger, development assistant, current person in corporate manager role and human resources. HR mentioned it would take a few weeks for status. I emailed after two weeks and no response. After about a month I got a template rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience make you a good candidate for this role? Give us a time when you had a donor say, "no" and how did you change their mind to a yes.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Way.

Interview

Very laid back, one on one interview. They will be interested in your prior community service experience, be prepared to give examples. The interview is basically just a walk through of your resume. They focus on your strengths rather than asking about weaknesses. It's not a typical interview with question and answer, rather very conversational.

Lead Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Way in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online after employee referral. Heard back quickly afterwards to schedule a phone interview. Completed the phone screen and heard back within a week to schedule a panel interview over Skype.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your best boss. Tell me about your worst boss.   Answer Question

Corporate Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with a VP in the development department 1 on 1 for about an hour. It felt pretty conversational, with the focus on her understanding more of my experience and interests, building off of my resume and cover letter. I also had a chance to ask quite a few questions about what working at United Way is like.

Loaned Executive/Campaign Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Way (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, but the process was fairly easy/accessible. Got there early. Waited for a bit. I was called in to a room with three executives.

Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Way (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Phone interview. Next step to prepare a presentation over company and present at interview. Interview asked multiple questions on how I would respond to negativity and how I would deal with regular levels of stress or higher.

Interview Questions

• How I would respond to someone who is angry about their funded partners and allocations during a presentation.   1 Answer

Campaign Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Way (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview process was somewhat unique compared to the other CRMs. I came through a placement agency. I spoke first with the agency to determine if this was the right fit for me. Then I interviewed over the phone with the United Way. The then scheduled a second interview for me, now face-to-face. Because Monsanto foots the bill for this portion of the United Way's business, I interviewed with both the United Way and Monsanto reps. From there, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you turn a "no" into a "yes"?   1 Answer

United Way Loaned Executive- Greater Atlanta Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Way (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

There were lots of people interviewing for the position but they have to hire more than 1 person. It was under 30 minutes and they only asked 4 to 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• Why United Way of Atlanta?
      What Motivates You?
      Tell us about a time in which you had to work on a team, what was accomplished?
      Tell us about a time where you have given a presentation, what did you do to prepare?

Tell me about a time where you experienced a major failure, How did you overcome it?
      A question was asked about a job on my resume
      1 Answer