Universal Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Studios Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.3

Patio Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

The interview was really simple. You go in and they call you into the interview rooms. My interviewer was really nice and welcoming. Simple questions asked like why do you wanna work here, how would you make the experience better for guests, how would you deal with a coworker who is always late, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you make the park experience better for guests?   Answer Question

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was really fast and easy, just some basic questions. Overall it was very easy and the person was very nice. i didn't get what i had applied for but he offered me another opening they had and i said yes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're good for the roll?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (North Hollywood, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and summited at least three different applications all under "Entry level position" for the summer. The next day i got a email invitation for a phone interview, i scheduled for the next few days. The phone interview went really well, the interviewer was really nice and she asks about your verification on your application and resume then ask a few interview questions and it only took 10-15 minutes. I got invited for an second interview at their office, they send you a email that includes directions, what documentation they needed, and need to wear business casual outfit. When i got there i came 15-20 minutes early (my appt. was @ 9:30 am), the front desk lady hands you a availability sheet and there is a tv where you can watch previews of movies and tv shows. After about 15 more minutes they call your name and take you outside their balcony where other interviewers and applicants are being interviewed. During the interview they basically ask you the same questions you answered during the phone interview, they talk about your availability and if offered the job, they give you a variety of what positions you would like to work in, i choose food attendant and got the job! The interview took 10-15 minutes and the interviewer was kind and sweet. :)

Costume Skilled Craft Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Universal City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple, we talked about my resume and then she asked what my strengths were. Most of the time we talked about what all the job entails. She was very nice and friendly. I brought in work that I had done, and she looked over it. Then I did the sewing test, which was a lapped zipper, and a half bodice with neck facing and hand sewn sleeve hem. The sewing test was timed and unfortunately I didn't watch the clock and therefore did not complete it in time.

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios in May 2017.

Interview

1st interview by phone, 2nd interview in person. Waited for in person interview for over an hour. Standard customer service questions, Harry Potter trivia, and triple checked my availability. Offered job on the spot.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Hollywood, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview (15 min), then I came in for the in person. Asked to come early, but still had to wait 20 min. Asked to come back in two hours for second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult guest   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Studio City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied at Universal Studios Hollywood on February 27, 2017 for a entry level position online and I got an e-mail in a few hours asking me to schedule a phone interview, so I took a time for the next day. on the 28th they called me at 3:45pm exactly at the time I chose and had a 10 min. interview which was mostly verifying the information I put in my application and other questions about work experience and so on. after the phone interview I was told that they wanted to come in for an in-person interview, so I choose the very next day at 11am March 1st and long story short, after the in-person interview, I got the job and now I start orientation in 15 days. the whole process took 3 days.

Everyone was super nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe good customer service and extraordinary customer service?   Answer Question

Audio Technician Interview

Interview

Its very easy and lay back interview to go to not so many questions and the let me.know right away if got the position or not and sent me.to the hr department right away and told me.when the.orientation would be

Attractions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Arrive at a big lobby area where you are greeted by security and must fill out a quick form that checks you in. Then, you are seated with 50+ people and wait until your name is called (similar to a DMV). Once your name is called, you are taken into a small room with many cubicles of other people being interviewed. During the interview, you decide which position you'd like to participate in. If they like you, you will be granted a second same-day interview with the specified positions manager. After passing the second interview, you will be taken into processing, which verifies proof of work. Then, you are given a Universal Studios folder stating your 3 or more orientation dates.

Greeter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

The process comprised of several interviews. The interviews were brief but to the point. The questions were getting to know me and if I knew information about Universal. The process was simple.