Universal Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Universal Studios

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interviewed to work as a sales associate at the Wizard World of Harry Potter, so the interviewer had me answer Harry Potter trivia (easy-medium difficulty, if you are reasonably into HP you'll be fine), asked about my experiences and asked how I'd handle different customer service situations.

Interview Questions

• What was Ron's pet rat named?   1 Answer

Controls Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online for job and received a call the following day scheduling a phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an onsite maintenance knowledge test the following Monday. There I met the technical recruiter, we chatted a bit and then commenced with the computer test. The next day I was notified that I was scheduled for an interview with venue maintenance supervisor at 11P.M the following Monday. The interview went OK He had 2 of his leads sit in and they went over my resume which was noted as being seriously heavy in electronics. 3 props were on the table used to quiz me about electrical, mechanical faults then discussed how incredibly busy and hard the work is. Sounded no different than my last job in manufacturing support just with different toys but I got the drift. Didn't fit the mold they were seeking. Was told following the interview that the recruiter would contact me following their decision. No contact or follow up the next day so moving on.

Interview Questions

• Using a couple of the props- asked what was wrong with it.   1 Answer
    • After using a torque wrench -what do with it and why   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

Applied, received a call for an interview the same day & was hired on the spot. After the it took about 2 weeks before my first orientation day. 2 orientation days then training shifts.

Event Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online for the event guide position. Univerdal reached out by email about three weeks later. At HR you check in and fill out a paper with your availability, interesting in the company, and a few other items. You sit in a waiting room with other people who are going to be interviewed until your name is called. Once your name is called you get brought back into an office area and sit with the interview in a cubical. I in the area online I suggest only selecting job you really want to work in. I selected other areas in the park believing emails would be sent if other positions opened. I went in for the interview under the impression it was for the event guide only for the interview to tell me there is no opening and that I could do an interview for attractions in the park instead. Overall very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at universal?   1 Answer

Parking and Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very Quick Interview. They ask you about four questions then decide if they want to hire you or not, but everyone seems really nice and very welcoming from the time you walk in the door.

Associate Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

30-minute phone screening interview with HR, 1 hour phone interview with Team Director and 2 Senior IEs, on-site interview with Team Director and all 5 team members: 30 minute presentation on a past project and small group interviews throughout day.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the monetary value of a project before it is done?   Answer Question

Senior Coordinator Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

Very nice - got a email to set up phone call with HR, then a few days later interviewed via phone. Very nice, personable HR person asked about past experiences and enjoyment. Since I didn't get the job, I would love to have been asked more serious questions in case there was something I was missing that led to me not getting the job, but overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

I originally applied for Maze monitor on the universal career site, i got an email the same day asking me to schedule an interview date and time. The day of i got there 30 min early, but still was last to go in my time block due to overbooking of interviews i guess. Anyhow the guy called me back and asked me pretty simple questions (most of the recruiters are cool so no need to worry if you’re concerned about that) after he offered me another position as maze host bc he felt like i’d do better there. After some more talking, he hired me on the spot and from there my paper work was completed and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Why’d you apply for this position?

What were your duties at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

I applied online for Retail Sales Clerk, got an interview about a week later. When I got to the interview, she asked a few questions and said the interview went well, but managers were still reviewing applications. I then asked if I were to be hired, are we allowed to choose which land we wanted to work in because I would love Harry Potter! and then she asked me a few Harry Potter themed questions and said that Food Stand Attendant position was available right away for WWoHP! So I accepted that instead of retail. They immediately started the onboarding process after the interview and I have orientation on Monday! I was fully expecting to wait a lot longer after that and didn't expect to get a job right then. It went very fast!

Interview Questions

• Can you name the Harry Potter houses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

I applied by emailing my resume to the recruiting team after they visited our campus, which was in the Fall. A recruiter reached out to me in Spring a few months after and scheduled a phone interview, and afterwards I had second phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Which core class would you say interested you the most and why?   Answer Question