Universal Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

First, invest time and money in a resume and head-shot. You will be given a time and place to audition and any special instructions. Be on time. You will sign in and be directed to another person who will take a photo of you, Another person will hand you a clipboard for you to fill out some basic information. If you you can attach it to the questionnaire and skip some of the blanks. You'll be given a number after you hand in your paperwork. You will hear your number called (along with others) and that group will be asked to stand in an area where the stage manager will tell you who is in the audition room and give you any last minute instructions. When your number is called, you will enter, state your name and identify the piece you are performing. It is expected to be 1 minute in length. Choose something that shows definite character choices. Alternatively, they may greet you, "Hello, please start whenever you are ready". Just go with the flow. Do your piece, thank them and leave.

Some auditions begin with a "type-out" call. Those that have qualities that fit the bill are asked to stay; those that don't are dismissed. Sometimes it just depends on the costume sizes they have available so don't take it personally. The ad will let you know if you are attending a type-out call.

You may be asked to stay and read a side or you may be sent a side to read at a future callback. They are often casting for more than one show, so be flexible and focus on what you are given and make clear choices.

Keep going to auditions. You will begin to be recognized especially if you are capable and friendly. They want you to be successful, so go in knowing what you want to do and do it. Be nice to the people working at the auditions-there task is not particularly easy and if you have attitude you will do yourself no favors.

Interview Questions

• What role are you interested in? Why do you want to work at Universal? Do you have a flexible schedule? would you work part-time or seasonally? What other skills do you have (singing, dancing, tumbling...)   2 Answers

Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Audition process of showing your talents. Interview process with various casting directors. Background check. Credit check, Phone interview as well. Very long process, but well worth it should you get hired.

Interview Questions

• Willing to work outside of your primary role   1 Answer

Park Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Basic questions, be an outgoing and friendly. Submitted online. Emailed/called a week later to come in. Asked for job on the spot after a 2-phase process. (HR than Manager) Usually they higher in waves of people, so you will have lots of other people coming in around the same time. They are short staffed as of 8/13/2015

Interview Questions

• If you go for harry potter, they might ask general trivia questions. Doesn't determine offer. Other questions are guest service related.   1 Answer

Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Overall they ask very detailed questions and you end up with a job you didn’t apply for which really throws you of your ball game. Additionally, they really pay attention to your mannerisms.

Parking Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Hollywood, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

the interview was easy ,up until the part came up when you had to create your own ride or attraction on paper and try to sell it in front of the hiring manager and interview coordinators

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

It went smooth, but somehow I was there for 5 hours. I was interviewed by 2 people first and then interviewed by the main boss of the whole ride. It was during the opening process of the Despicable Me ride, before it opened to the public.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Universal Studios?   1 Answer

Attractions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

Super easy and quick, no need to be nervous! Arrive 45 minutes to an hour prior to your scheduled interview time. Went in and filled out some stuff while watching a movie. My interviewer called my name and we went to some cubicles. They have your resume on their computer (assuming you uploaded it online) but still bring a printed out one with you and offer it in the beginning. Dress nicely!! The interview lasted about 10 minutes and she was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for Universal?   Answer Question
    • What made you choose Universal?   1 Answer
    • What mistakes have you made in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a customer that was frustrated/angry.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you saw a coworker doing something unsafe.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Arrive at a big lobby area where you are greeted by security and must fill out a quick form that checks you in. Then, you are seated with 50+ people and wait until your name is called (similar to a DMV). Once your name is called, you are taken into a small room with many cubicles of other people being interviewed. During the interview, you decide which position you'd like to participate in. If they like you, you will be granted a second same-day interview with the specified positions manager. After passing the second interview, you will be taken into processing, which verifies proof of work. Then, you are given a Universal Studios folder stating your 3 or more orientation dates.

Attractions Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Called promptly and informed me of time of phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes with basic questions concerning qualifications and time willing to work throughout weekends. The call ended promptly after I provided my answers.

Audio Technician Interview

Interview

Its very easy and lay back interview to go to not so many questions and the let me.know right away if got the position or not and sent me.to the hr department right away and told me.when the.orientation would be