Cover image for Universal Studios

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Universal Studios Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 445 of over 445 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Universal Studios

Universal Studios

Application

I interviewed at Universal Studios

Interview

Simple interview, go over your resume. Be prepared to answer why you like universal studios, what’s your favorite movie produced by universal and what part of the company you are interested in

Interview Questions
  • Why universal studios and what makes them stand out
    Answer Question

Universal Studios

Application

I interviewed at Universal Studios

Interview

Seamless and very transparent the entire process. Recruiter was in frequent contact with updates and it took an overall span of 2 weeks. I decided to cut the interview process short for ext reasons but overall typical interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Why Universal and why do you want to leave your current job?

What people are saying about Universal Studios

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Universal Studios

Application

I interviewed at Universal Studios

Interview

They ask easy situational questions and value customer service experience. During peak seasons (Summer and Winter Holidays) it was an easy application process and a fast turn around time for hearing back.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe a certain ride to a guest with a disability who may have trouble riding?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Hollywood, CA) in Sep 2022

Interview

The interview process was ok in the beginning. I did 8 interviews, and then was requested to come on site and meet with everyone all over again along with one of the Directors of Attractions on one of the lots. I didn't like that when i came to sight, I was re-interviewed ALL over again, and the Director who I would have been under was so uninterested when speaking with me and didn't even make eye contact with me. What I also didn't like that is that USH/NBC brand is all bout DEI, but there was not one person on the team that looked like me. I was also told that there could potentially be 12 interviews. Their process was very archaic. Its also unfortunate because I have yet to even receive atleast a "TBNT" email or anything from that team. I'll add its been over a month since those interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in Sep 2022

Interview

easy. they asked basic questions, why would you like to work for universal, do you have experience with this and that. do you mind working these hours and etc. easy stuff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in Aug 2022

Interview

I was asked to do an initial phone interview, and then invited to do one in person. The people that conducted the interview were extremely knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I wasn't able to take the job because it was not a full time position.

Interview Questions
  • How my past work experience could help me in the job I applied for

Universal Studios

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios

Interview

Standard interview, about 30 minutes. Got to meet supervisor, who was very friendly and knowledgeable. They went over job expectations and even described other positions they thought I would be qualified for.

Interview Questions
  • What past experiences do you have with working in customer service?

Universal Studios

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios

Interview

They had us interviewed and hired in the same day which was really cool. The person who interviewed me was really cool and offered great help with any questions I asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Universal Studios

Application

I interviewed at Universal Studios

Interview

Group setting with multiple people present for interviews.multiple questions asked about previous employment. Questions about scenarios and how to adress them. My likes and dislikes. Fairly easy and with a good conversation I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
  • What are the things I do on my free time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in Jun 2022

Interview

Went through a phone interview but following that the engineering managers were looking for someone with more availability (ie. online classes) so they told me they couldn't continue with me

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for universal
Viewing 1 - 10 of 445 Interviews

Universal Studios Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Universal Studios as 80.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.21 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Retail Sales Associate and Food Stand Attendant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Attractions Attendant and Ride Operator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Universal Studios takes an average of 13 days when considering 551 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Ride Operator had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Retail Sales Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 7 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Universal Studios according to 551 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 27.31%