Vail Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2018

2.3

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took about two weeks to receive a call. Went through a phone screening, in person interview with multiple interviewers, received offer letter via email, accepted, completed background screening, started following week.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you ever worked in a call center?

2. How would you handle a situation where you couldn't budge on an issue but the customer is persistent about getting their way?   1 Answer

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted for about thirty minutes. Phone interviewer will take notes and pass it down to a manager. Depending on how the interview goes, may or may not hear from a manager of the position applying for. If you seem like a good fit for the position, a manager will call to schedule an in person interview.

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vail, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Vail, CO) in November 2008.

Interview

Applications are only accepted online which is kind of weird to me. It took my interviewer a few days to actually be able to commit to a time and date in which she could talk with me. This gave me a good impression that it was a very busy spa but at the same time made me hesitant about employee importance. The spa that I came from was very family oriented and Vail Resorts is very customer oriented. Don't get me wrong. They care about their employees but not before the customer. I just kept calling until I was able to come up with a time and date that worked for both of us - which I highly recommend for anyone else as well. Persistence is key.

Interview Questions

• What do I feel my immediate downfalls would be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I would suggest trying but they are pretty set with their budgets.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online at Skijob1.com.
    Had a phone interview with HR to cover general interview questions.
    Interviewed face to face with a manager.
    Didn't get that job, but later was selected for an interview with another group (they do recycle resumes, something I haven't seen much in other companies).
    Received a job offer the next day.

Overall, the questions were very basic, mostly consisting of questions to determine if I would work well with their group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, it's take it or leave it (at least at the lower position levels)

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

Long, like a couple weeks. For an entry level job, I thought it was a bit ridiculous. Overall the interview process was professional and seemed to be well thought out. I met with my immediate manager and the department manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handle conflict.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

1 hour phone interview with some trick questions but also some positive and helpful feedback. Constant reminders to the fact that there were a lot of others applying for the job with potentially more experience and more impressive educational backgrounds. Definitely made me feel insecure at times, but a good learning experience non the less.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • What makes you stand out from all the other qualified candidates that have applied?   Answer Question

VP-Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Denver, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

After applying online, I had a preliminary interview with a very perky HR person. Then, there were two additional phone interviews (CFO and one other person) and an office visit. It took them over a month to get back to me and I think that they did so only because I followed up aggressively. They said that they had a finalist for this position but it's not clear from other sources that they actually hired anyone.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The CFO is very inexperienced and comes across as such if you've had exposure to other public company CFOs. And, he's also not compensated well for his position compared to peers in comparably sized companies. The people are really nice but this is not a mature company. HR seemed to talk more about their values in developing and leading talent than other execs do.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

It was an recorded video interview. You can pause after each question shows up. Each question can only be recorded once except the self introduction. The questions were fairly routine.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you came across a problem and addressed it innovatively   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

2 x 1 hour phone interviews with HR and hiring manager
    4.5 hours onsite interviews => 4 sessions - 3 analysts, 4 developers, hiring manager, IT Director

Interview Questions

• None. Typical techno-functional questions. Although in retrospect, I was asked my approach/opinion to their 'mini' HCM upgrade and politely disagreed with their questionable methodology. Perhaps this is what warranted their final decision => 'The consensus was that you’re quite a bit more experienced technically than what this job would require and that it’s probably not the best fit at this point in time.'   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

4 interviews with 3 managers and director, had to drive all over colorado to meet, interviews were very standard, enjoyed all the people I met. Prepare for a typical audit interview, nothing unique needed for cail

Location