Vail Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.3

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Tucson, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone call. They emailed me to set up a time which I did via email. This process was very easy and organized. The interview was easy because of glassdoor. I studied questions people shared so thank you so much.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter - the phone screen went well as my background was closely aligned with the position however the recruiter mentioned that my salary was a bit over where they were and that he would check with the hiring manager. I never heard back even when I frequently reached out to the recruiter. I was warned that they pay on the low side but found it quite annoying they don't even take the time to let me know to move on with my search. Seems like they are a poor org to work and mostly filled with contractors, I'm better off.

Digital Media Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted me by email instructing my to take an online recorded interview. Your allowed to re-record your intro as many times as you want, but when the questions come you only have one shot. But you can take an hour to think of an answer then record (unlimited time).
    I was then invited for an in person interview. I was put in this weird 5x5 room with a big window and one glass wall, kinda felt like a fish tank.
    The interview was very informal, he didn't have questions written down nor did he write down my answers. Typical questions about the position you apply for (read the position advertisement to study up).

I asked how often interns get offered a permanent position... He said never... You have to then reapply for different positions once the internship is up (the internships just a networking opportunity). I wasn't too thrilled with that so I decided not to continue the interview process.

User Experience Design/Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Fairly simple. I applied online and received an email with a link to submit interview questions with videos. That was intimidating with the one-take videos, but the questions were what you would expect. After submission, I was invited in about a week later for an in-office interview. First, was the director of the team for about 30 mins, and then the team for an hour. Again, straight forward questions and what you would expect for the position. I think in the past that the process seemed to have been a little unorganized, but with mine, I can say that they've refined the process extremely well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had multiple tasks and you had to prioritize those important tasks.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time that you had to tell a stakeholder or client, "No".   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very receptive and easy to converse with about start dates and compensation.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Easy interview. Asked basic questions about skill level and experience on the mountain. They also asked him many days I rode last winter. Not a hard interview at all. Just speak with confidence.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vail Resorts in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 days later they emailed me to complete a video interview. The next day I went in for an in person interview. The entire interview was pretty much the head of the team talking about what they do as a whole. The overall feel I got from the interview was that this is a money hungry corporate company that is seeking more money and power.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly routine. I applied online and was able to get a call back. I was not able to move forward as the salary requirements were not met. As evident in all Glassdoor reviews, the company does not pay well relative to the market, and my experience with them certainly provided evidence in support of this theory i had prior to interviewing with them. Although i would have loved to live in Colorado, I have no interest in getting underpaid so i had no problem moving on.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly routine. I dominated the interview and was able to answer most HR related questions in my "prepared remarks."   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

It took over 4 months to go through the process. Long gaps between communication but on site interview very professional. After waiting over 2 weeks Management rethought the position and did not make an offer to anyone

Operations Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

First, I had an at home video interview. They display the questions and then you have 3 minutes to record each answer. Second, I went in for an in person 1 hour interview with basic questions. Third, I went in for an in person 4 hour interview and had to speak with 7 different people. They could only schedule me during the day so I had to use PTO from my current job.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks? What if you're working on something very important, and someone else asks you to do something for them? How would you answer?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

I applied through the Vail Resorts web site. I then participated in a couple phone interviews. The recruiter and hiring manager were professional and knowledgeable. Overall the process was well thought out and communicated well; I enjoyed the interview process.