Vail Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.3

Shared Services Biller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

I was referred to a recruiter by an employee. The process took several weeks during which I was asked to record a virtual interview on camera. I then went in for an in-person interview. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Vail Resorts?
      What do you expect out of a supervisor?   Answer Question

Director Level Interview

Interview

I applied online for a position and heard back literally a few days later, asking to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was 20 minutes late calling me, but I let it pass and we had a good conversation. The recruiter sold me hard on the company and seemed extremely positive about my prospects -- to the point of telling me the entire interview process so I could prepare for next steps, telling me the hiring manager's name and that I should expect to hear back from the recruiter again by the end of the next day. So after 2 weeks when I hadn't heard back, I left a message expressing continued interest, but got radio silence from the recruiter. Two months later, I finally got a form e-mail saying "thanks for applying, we've reviewed your qualifications but went with another candidate." IMHO, it's unprofessional to set someone's expectations like that and then ghost them -- if this is how the company treats people expressing interest in working for them, I wonder how they treat their employees once they're in the door.

Ski Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vail Resorts in December 2017.

Interview

This interview process was TERRIBLE and completely unprofessional.

Vail Resorts applications are all completed online and then according to whatever algorithm they use to cull applicants, you may be contacted to go further in the process.

First step is a phone interview, which is set according to a time you choose in an online scheduler. For this experience, I selected a time that was towards the end of a Friday. The interviewer called several hours before my scheduled time to see if I was available so that she could "take off early on a Friday", to which I told her unfortunately no, I was at work myself and preferred the time I had originally chosen. An hour later, I received an email from her saying that she had been called into a meeting and would not be available for our scheduled call. I responded and received an auto-reply saying that she had moved departments and would no longer be responding to job applicant emails. I was then bumped to a new person completely.

The new person contacted me to reschedule our phone interview. Talking with this person, we discussed the position, timing, etc., and then she told me that the hiring manager at the mountain would contact me personally for a final interview. I received a call from the same interviewer two days later saying that all the slots were full and they were no longer looking for additional applicants. This was the end of the process.

This was a totally unprofessional experience and ended up being a complete waste of my time. I have applied to several positions at Vail and they have all gone more or less like this. Very disappointing.

Food and Beverage Interview

Interview

I got hired at a hiring fair, Vail holds these in the months before ski season. Simple enough, I was able to meet with managers and was hired immediately. They called later and set up my schedule and that was it!

Interview Questions

• They basically just asked about past experience and what my availability would be.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

easy nothing too out of the ordinary. they act all excited to get you but then one you are there for many years they lie and dont give you the raises and benifits they promised

Entry-level Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vail, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Vail, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone call. It was not much. They were just trying to get bodies to Vail in a hurry. I should have thought more about the type of people I would be working with.; I was later sexually assaulted on the job.

Talent Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, he set up a time and was late to the interview. He progressed with asking me a few questions and then jumped in and asked me if I had done the exact specific tactical work he was looking for. When I asked some questions to better understand context, he basically cut me off and said you clearly haven't done this in the past. This poor man was is so under qualified to be recruiting that it was sad. He had no ability to understand the larger scheme of engagement and strategic approach and evaluation and was inept and became belligerent. I hung up and this is the first time that I've never sent a follow up thank you. The fact that behaviors such as this are tolerated is concerning to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Have you done this job before?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

It was an recorded video interview. You can pause after each question shows up. Each question can only be recorded once except the self introduction. The questions were fairly routine.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you came across a problem and addressed it innovatively   Answer Question

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted for about thirty minutes. Phone interviewer will take notes and pass it down to a manager. Depending on how the interview goes, may or may not hear from a manager of the position applying for. If you seem like a good fit for the position, a manager will call to schedule an in person interview.

FP&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person. In person consisted of 4 separate 1 hour interviews. Very much wanted to get to know the employee more than the skill set. Big on teaming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Vail?   1 Answer