Vail Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vail Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.3

Talent Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, he set up a time and was late to the interview. He progressed with asking me a few questions and then jumped in and asked me if I had done the exact specific tactical work he was looking for. When I asked some questions to better understand context, he basically cut me off and said you clearly haven't done this in the past. This poor man was is so under qualified to be recruiting that it was sad. He had no ability to understand the larger scheme of engagement and strategic approach and evaluation and was inept and became belligerent. I hung up and this is the first time that I've never sent a follow up thank you. The fact that behaviors such as this are tolerated is concerning to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Have you done this job before?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

It was an recorded video interview. You can pause after each question shows up. Each question can only be recorded once except the self introduction. The questions were fairly routine.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you came across a problem and addressed it innovatively   Answer Question

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keystone, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Keystone, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted for about thirty minutes. Phone interviewer will take notes and pass it down to a manager. Depending on how the interview goes, may or may not hear from a manager of the position applying for. If you seem like a good fit for the position, a manager will call to schedule an in person interview.

FP&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person. In person consisted of 4 separate 1 hour interviews. Very much wanted to get to know the employee more than the skill set. Big on teaming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Vail?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts.

Interview

1 hour phone interview with some trick questions but also some positive and helpful feedback. Constant reminders to the fact that there were a lot of others applying for the job with potentially more experience and more impressive educational backgrounds. Definitely made me feel insecure at times, but a good learning experience non the less.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • What makes you stand out from all the other qualified candidates that have applied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Disjointed - sporadic communication that didn't give many details or allow for questions. Many details were not disclosed. When following up with questions in between meetings seeking more details, replies were scarce. It was an awkward process frankly, didn't feel welcoming.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

All I can say is - RUN. If you're anything like me, you may be reading all the negative reviews for this company and thinking, maybe I'll be different. Maybe it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. But after interviewing, I realized that these reviews were right and I should have listened.

A few weeks after applying, a recruiter reached out to me to set up a phone interview with one of the managers. I expected this to be much more professional and informational than it was. Rather it was a 10 minute phone call in which the manager asked me maybe one question about myself. It was unprofessional from the very beginning, as someone who is supposed to be in a leadership role was speaking poorly about the other departments and the overall structure of the company. The word "siloed" was used many times. While this initial phone call made me somewhat skeptical, I moved forward with them for a Skype interview.

I interviewed with several different people. Once again, they seemed more concerned with talking about the company and the role, and speaking negatively about the overall relationships amongst departments, than actually taking the time to get to know me and ask me about what I could bring to the table. I had prepared several questions to ask them, and they seemed rather annoyed by that. Honestly I probably had more questions prepared for them than they did for me.

The role they described in the interviews was entirely different than the role they advertised online. What sounded like a mid-level position for someone with 3-5 years of experience, would actually be more appropriate for a recent college graduate. I can only imagine what the pay would be for it.

But it wasn't just the unprofessionalism and unnecessary drama/gossip that left a sour taste in my mouth. After my video interview, I was left with radio silence. I reached out multiple times to the recruiter who I had been in contact with, and got no response. I understand this sometimes happens, but companies should value the time and effort that applicants spend, and respect it enough to send them a simple email about whether or not they are still in the running for the job. For a company that brags about the experience they want to create for their employees and customers, they should maybe start with creating a better interviewing experience for prospective employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts in July 2017.

Interview

I was really impressed with Vail's interview process. Very professional and efficient, honestly probably the best interview process I've ever participated in. Noteworthy enough to inspire the writing of a Glassdoor review. The questions I was asked weren't scripted, they were thoughtful, and they got me thinking critically about what the job and life at the company would actually be like. They were respectful and quick to get back to me with next steps. To top it off the people were awesome, they were enjoyable to talk to. You can tell they like their jobs and that the company treats them well

1st round: I was given a set of questions and an opportunity to record my answers on a video interview platform and submit. this was cool, they automate the screening

2nd round: phone interview with the hiring manager. this was conversational. I was asked good questions about ideas/philosophies on work, stakeholder management, life. Hard questions, but good questions.

3rd round: 4 video interviews with the rest of the team, no major surprises. I was asked lots of questions - some related to analytics, some related to ideas about HR analytics, others related to behavioral tendencies at work. I was also given lots of opportunity to ask my own questions and was given super thoughtful answers. the team was really cool

Interview Questions

• Imagine it's a year down the road and you're grabbing a drink with a friend talking about how happy you were that you took the job with Vail. What would have happened in your year at Vail to make you excited to talk about your job?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Tucson, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone call. They emailed me to set up a time which I did via email. This process was very easy and organized. The interview was easy because of glassdoor. I studied questions people shared so thank you so much.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vail Resorts (Broomfield, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Flaky. Non-responsive.

The recruiter who called me didn't know anything about the position to which I applied. How was the team structured? What problems was the department trying to solve? Was this a newly created position or a backfill? Every answer was the same "You'd have to speak to the hiring manager." So finally I threw him a softball and asked him something he could answer. "Why do you like working for Vail Resorts?"

The recruiter said he would follow up with me because the hiring team hadn't put together the details of what they were looking for. I left him a voicemail and a follow up email when I didn't hear from him after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Only two:

1. Why do you want to work at Vail Resorts?
      2. What is your salary range?   1 Answer