Waterton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.9

Director of Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waterton (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

1) Property level reached out for a brief phone interview.
    2) Filled out an online PI survey
    3) Face to face interview with HR and GM
    4) Face to face interview with Dept heads
    5) Flew to Chicago to meet with Sr Management

Interview Questions

• They asked about sales and revenue management experience and examples.
      How I have worked and developed a team.
      Wanted to make sure this was the direction I wanted to go in with my career.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was quick and fair. I would recommend that you have a $ amount in mind before starting the process as well as a 'walk away' $. This will help ease the pressure on yourself and second guessing.

Leasing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waterton.

Interview

There was a phone interview basic questions, then i went to the location to interview with the CM and regional manager. I didnt get that job but then months after i got a call from the Regional Supervisor were he asked me if i was willing to consider a position of a lesser role and compesantion but with a lot of opportunities to make a lot of money in comissions which i accepted since i have a superior sales and closing experience. It has been about 2 months now and i already have rented around 15 apartments i still dont really know how the comission works but i sure will get a good paycheck. I hope that this will help.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if i was open to other positions   1 Answer

Sep 26, 2016 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your feedback - we are glad we were able to find a role for you within Waterton.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waterton (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy and laid back. Manager was sweet and down to earth. She called me to set an interview, the next day I met with her and then the following I interviewed with the Regional. Lets just say I love them both already. I'm so excited about this new chapter.

Interview Questions

• How would I work on getting delinquency down?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waterton in June 2016.

Interview

Hired through temp Agency. Written application and face-to-face. Moderately rigorous. Actually nothing more to say. I checked GlassDoor in advance in order to get info about potential interview expectations and salary potential.

Interview Questions

• All related to leasing and property management and industry-specific software proficiency. No suprises. Pretty standard as related to the job descriptions.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waterton (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR which lasted an hour or so in which I answered basic questions. Then, I met with the Manager of my team on two occasions. Those two occasions were a couple of hours a piece. Then, I met with the other layers of the Management team for a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have in a similar role?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waterton in April 2016.

Interview

In my phone screen the recruiter asked me to walk her through my resume/relevant work experience. So I did.

I obviously rubbed her the wrong way because she immediately began a fairly hostile line of questioning, "I mean, have you done xx?" "We need someone who can do Xx, have you done that?"

She actually apologized at the end for her tone but it was a massive turn off. I have not experienced that before or since, in a phone screen.

I chose not to pursue any further contact with them, based on this interaction.

Interview Questions

• As I said above, it was fairly hostile. "Can you handle ambiguity?" But asked is a pretty hostile tone. It was bizarre.   1 Answer

Leasing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waterton.

Interview

Was asked the usual questions, then taken on a tour of a model apartment home. At the end of the tour, the interviewer/property manager, asked me to give her a tour of the apartment and try to sell it to her.

Interview Questions

Waterton Response

Jan 6, 2016 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your feedback, we are excited to hear you had a positive interview experience and look forward to welcoming you to the Waterton team!

Concierge/Resident Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Waterton.

Interview

I applied online which turned out to be a very lengthy process and was called in for a great in-person interview. After well over 2 1/2 hours of talking, she gave me the tour and we discussed salary figures and starting dates. We also discussed how I was temporarily filling in one position until the one she wanted me for was ready to take over. We even talked about suggestions for the layout and work space. After this great afternoon, (turned into an almost 3 1/2 hr interview) I was told I needed to come back 2 days later to meet the regional director, but needed to get in touch later about a time. On the day I was supposed to be there for my second interview, still hadn't heard anything. I decided to reach out and email, maybe they wanted a different meetup time? Nothing. However I tried to reach out one more time a week later. Nothing. Almost 2 months later out of the blue I received a generic, computer generated email saying 'thank you for your interest, but the position is no longer available.' I found this whole process in the end, demeaning. I was continually told throughout that I would be starting soon. Salary was negotiated and agreed upon. I was told about benefits and was included. To lose all communication after that, after hours of building me up for this new job that I so badly needed? Disgraceful! How do you tell someone they have the job and then TWO MONTHS later send them a robo-email? I saw another review that said it felt like they were fishing for free info/services. That is it exactly. I freelance as a local business consultant. They had me come in, fill them in on the local area, work spaces, etc and do what I normally get paid for, but used the cover of an interview to do so. I really liked the place and I very much wanted to work there. Instead I was left with a "what did I do wrong?" feeling about me.. Horrible walking away from the experience feeling like that.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from your previous experiences can you bring to our company?   Answer Question

Oct 21, 2015 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your feedback, I'm so sorry you had such a negative experience within our organization. I assure you this is not typical and is not acceptable. We are working hard to ensure experiences ... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waterton.

Interview

The head of the HR Department, as a part of their "interview process" had me provide two lengthy power point presentations to current projects. In my interview I was asked then several additional questions about the presentation...basically the process was a way to obtaining free work/consultation product.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, though, the impression was that as a candidate, I was "lucky" to be interviewed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

painful....should have seen experience as is and not accepted.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waterton.

Interview

Long interview process. Met with several people on different days, but appreciated their thoroughness. They really wanted to make sure they had the right person for the job ....the community and the employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. They offered above what I asked and I was very pleased.