WePay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

3.4

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

One of the quick interview process. Pretty quick and straightforward. Recruiter is nice. All interviewers were good and talented.

1. Hackerrank challenge
    2. Quick call with recruiter
    3. Machine learning based interview
    4. Software engineering based coding interview

Interview Questions

• SQL questions, probablity related questions, data structures, machine learning related questions   1 Answer

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

HackerRank Online challenge given to take in a week. Can't say much more because I couldn't solve the challenge all the way, but all I can say is prepare well for coding challenge.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay.

Interview

I have applied online and received an coding challenge in one week. The coding challenge takes me 90 mins to finish and has only one question. I have passed all the test cases and there is no follow up after this coding challenge even if I emailed my hr several times.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WePay in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Feb 2017 for the position. I received the HackerRank coding challenge after a week or so. Then, after submitting the challenge, I had a phone screen with HR person. I didn't hear back from them for two weeks. Then, I emailed the recruiter about the status and then they scheduled my first technical phone screen. Immediately within an hour, they scheduled my final technical interview in a week. After the final interview, they said the positions are already filled.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: HackerRank challenge
      There were 4 MCQs and one coding problem of implementing hashmap from scratch (Python/Java)

Round 2: HR Phone Screen
      - Tell me about yourself
      - Why Computer Science?
      - Why WePay?
      - What do you expect from this internship?

Round 3: First Technical Phone Interview
      - Given a graph G, write a function which tells whether G is bipartite or not
      - Other questions: How can you represent graph as a data structure (e.g. Adjacency List, Adjacency Matrix, Edge List, etc)

Round 4: Final Technical Phone Interview
      - Tell me about yourself
      - Explain some of your projects
      - Then, the interviewer told about the intern projects at WePay
      - Coding question 1: Fibonacci Sequence (Do it using 3-4 multiple ways)
      - Coding question 2: Given an n-ary tree, write a function to print the level order traversal
      - What is are the time and space complexities for above problems?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WePay in March 2017.

Interview

applied on the internet through linkedin. Got an email from HR maybe after several weeks. The first round question is online assessment. Not happy. There is simply no followup. Totally waste time.

Interview Questions

• Typical data structure question. I am not supposed to give it out..   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WePay (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After 10 days got a mail saying they have reviewed my profile and sent a link for a hackerrank challenge. It was 30 minutes challenge consisting of 2 pretty straight forward multiple choice questions and 1 coding question.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WePay in December 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview process. Quite fast. Thorough. Tough but good questions. One quick recruiter phone screen. In depth phone screen with hiring manager. Five person in person interview a week later. Offer a day after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a LOT - nothing unexpectedly difficult - just real examples and pushed for detail   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WePay.

Interview

Pretty standard procedure; but it was quick; I assume they needed to fill the position in a hurry.

Screening with the recruiter, phone chat with engineer, using screen sharing and on site interview.

Overall the process was nice, although the communication was quite confusing; for some reasons the recruiters has no feedback beside if you pass the interview or not.

The on site was OK; people were friendly, and did their best to try to like you. Can't ask to an engineer to be also a social entertainer; too many companies make the mistake to have regular engineers with no training in interviewing process, to perform the screening, which end up as usual, with opening for failures.

In general there was a good communication; some would give feedback about what you write on the whiteboard; others would talk less. Although it came clear that some of them were not really sure about any other way to do things, beside the one that they know. They were expecting a specific answer, coded in a specific way, and if you don't deliver, no matter if your implementation works, it won't be considered as "knowledgeable answer".

Interview Questions

• Standard questions; data structures, arrays, stack, heap, implementation of algorithms like sorting and tree traversing. They may ask you questions regarding some specific work that they do; in my case the person had this problem and he told me it took many days to figure it out, while I did find a solution in 20 minutes, and implemented it in basically less than a hour. Not sure if that was a pre-made question or a real example, because it seems strange that it would take days to perform a simple parsing of a tree structure.

Other questions included testing methodologies, managing resources and behavioral questions, aimed at figure out how would you behave. The problem is that if someone interviewing you, has no formal training about body language and behavioral patterns, having smart questions won't really help to find out if a person is smart or not.

I did respond to every single question without problem; the interview overall was average; although be ready to be evaluated by someone that may not have formal training about how to conduct an interview.
      Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WePay.

Interview

First given a link to do online assessment. Then got a call (hr round), then scheduled a phone interview. Have good openings, but since a growing company expectations are high.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (Providence, RI) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty long process. It started with an on-line survey, followed by a chat interview, then a video conference. On-line survey had some weird questions, but nothing too tough. Chat interview seemed to be all by script, nothing personal. Video conference was awkward due to system issues. The time delay made it hard to know when to respond.

Interview Questions

• generic "tell me about yourself" but never asked about experience   Answer Question