WePay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018

3.3

Data Engi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WePay (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The recruiter asked me to take online Hackercode Test which I did complete to fix all the test scenarios mentioned in the code test. I had to follow up to ask my results and status. They did not even respond for almost couple weeks. When I repeatedly asked the recruiter for test results, they refused to send me the results and they simply told me that I didn't get a perfect score. They do not pursue the candidacy.

Piece of advice: If you want to be considered for work here, then you need a perfect score for a proper response from the recruiters.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WePay in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Greenhouse and received a WePay Software Engineering Challenge powered by HackerRank. Afterward, I heard back from WePay that they would not move forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns the nth power number, where a power number is a number that can be expressed as x^y. Note that the power number sequence is in ascending order (4, 8, 9, 16, 27, 32, ...).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after several days I received an online hackerreank coding challenge.
    There was 1 question: Valid Number and 70 minutes to solve it.
    The solution was already given and as a developer you had to modify the code and logic to ensure that it passes all the test cases.
    I passed the coding challenge and got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone discussion with him.
    After 2 days, I received a reply from the recruiter saying his reply to reschedule was stuck in his draft folder and he was out sick the last few days.
    Then I was directly scheduled to talk with one of the engineers for a technical phone screen. Even scheduling the technical phone screening took a lot of follow up emails.

To be very honest, there was lot of communication gap during my technical phone screening. I wasn't able to understand what the interviewer was really speaking. It was almost taking 5-10 mins to understand a single suggestion and his point of view. At the end, it was frustrating because I wasn't able to put forward my points and there was lack of communication. As a result, I didn't get additional time to enhance my solution and incorporate all features necessary to answer the question. Also at the end of the interview, I was very confused .

I'm not saying interviewer did this on purpose. I do not hold anything against him, he was trying his best to help me.
    But during phone interview, the only way of communicating is through voice and since the interviewer was not able to speak English properly, I believe I wasn't given a fair opportunity. This is my honest Feedback about the interview.
    I conveyed this feedback to the recruiter as well but he replied saying decision has been made and he cannot do anything about it

The question during technical phone screening was to implement Deep/Nested Iterator.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay in October 2017.

Interview

Describe projects, ask basic questions related to JAVA basics, operating system or networking, then solve several coding questions depending on your speed of coding. For me, I only solved one question.

Interview Questions

• Valid number and a bunch of follow up, such as adding '+'/'-', adding exponent.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after several days I received an online code challenge but once I passed the code challenge I had never received any message from this company.... The HR never reply my email.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WePay in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through referral. Got a call from a recruiter who explained the interview process, 2 phone interviews, then onsite. Had a 45-minute coding interview over the phone. Got rejected after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay.

Interview

Submitted the resume online, and 2 days later got the OA, 75min a coding problem, not hard but be careful to write the most efficient algorithm, then... two weeks later, recruiter emailed me and asked for an introductory call, but when I clicked the link and tried to schedule a time slot, all dates are unavailable! All! Seems the recruiter is quite busy but there is no follow-up.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Referred by friend, onsite in their building in Redwood City. Four rounds, three coding questions and a system design. One of the coding question is weird, about finding bad versions. Interviewer keeps asking me about 'thinking of the real world situation'. Was doing bad with this round. Generally speaking not very difficult interview but still rejected because of that question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay in September 2017.

Interview

An online assessment in 90 mins. Please notice if there are special requirements like " explain each part of your code".
     "The coding portion will be judged on code cleanliness, not just functionality. Write nice, clean code."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Worst experience ever! Applied online and got OA a few days later. I passed OA and got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone discussion with him. However, at the appointment time I didn't receive any phone call from that recruiter. After that I sent an email to ask what happened and the reason why they missed the appointment but it has been 4 days and I still got no response. This is extremely unprofessional and disrespectful to applicant.