WePay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process followed the standard phone screen by the recruiter, then a combination of phone and on-site interviews. I was given an opportunity to meet with the hiring manager twice because I had more questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Was asked questions related to data structures, algorithms, and designing a system. Be sure that to test your code after writing a solution. Also, I think I gave some answers that were functionally correct, but may not have been the most optimal solutions. Some solutions have faster running times or use less memory.

Interview Questions

• I don't it's right for me to describe a specific question. I think a good way to prepare is to review data structures and algorithms. There are also websites with example interview problems. Definite practice lots of problems before coming to the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WePay (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

They have the opening on their company website. Online assessment: finish a short assessment hosted on HackerRank and if the questions are all answered correctly, they will follow up with a phone interview. The time given is 30 minutes only. Answer is not immediately shown for multiple choice questions, but you may compile your code for the coding questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Implement a HashMap. You may use Java, Python or C++
      2. Amount the four given sorting algorithms, name the one with least space allocation: merge sort, bubble sort, shell sort, bucket sort   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Worst experience ever! Applied online and got OA a few days later. I passed OA and got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone discussion with him. However, at the appointment time I didn't receive any phone call from that recruiter. After that I sent an email to ask what happened and the reason why they missed the appointment but it has been 4 days and I still got no response. This is extremely unprofessional and disrespectful to applicant.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay in August 2017.

Interview

HR phone to explain the interview process and introduce the company. Tech phone interview: talking about project and computer fundamentals. then asking 2-3 algorithm problems. The process takes about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• talk about one of your project   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Referred by friend, onsite in their building in Redwood City. Four rounds, three coding questions and a system design. One of the coding question is weird, about finding bad versions. Interviewer keeps asking me about 'thinking of the real world situation'. Was doing bad with this round. Generally speaking not very difficult interview but still rejected because of that question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay in September 2017.

Interview

An online assessment in 90 mins. Please notice if there are special requirements like " explain each part of your code".
     "The coding portion will be judged on code cleanliness, not just functionality. Write nice, clean code."

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay.

Interview

Submitted the resume online, and 2 days later got the OA, 75min a coding problem, not hard but be careful to write the most efficient algorithm, then... two weeks later, recruiter emailed me and asked for an introductory call, but when I clicked the link and tried to schedule a time slot, all dates are unavailable! All! Seems the recruiter is quite busy but there is no follow-up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

online assignment got from online, and one coding question only. not easy if you never meet it before, it is a math question and need to concentrate on your coding style

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WePay in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after several days I received an online code challenge but once I passed the code challenge I had never received any message from this company.... The HR never reply my email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after several days I received an online hackerreank coding challenge.
    There was 1 question: Valid Number and 70 minutes to solve it.
    The solution was already given and as a developer you had to modify the code and logic to ensure that it passes all the test cases.
    I passed the coding challenge and got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone discussion with him.
    After 2 days, I received a reply from the recruiter saying his reply to reschedule was stuck in his draft folder and he was out sick the last few days.
    Then I was directly scheduled to talk with one of the engineers for a technical phone screen. Even scheduling the technical phone screening took a lot of follow up emails.

To be very honest, there was lot of communication gap during my technical phone screening. I wasn't able to understand what the interviewer was really speaking. It was almost taking 5-10 mins to understand a single suggestion and his point of view. At the end, it was frustrating because I wasn't able to put forward my points and there was lack of communication. As a result, I didn't get additional time to enhance my solution and incorporate all features necessary to answer the question. Also at the end of the interview, I was very confused .

I'm not saying interviewer did this on purpose. I do not hold anything against him, he was trying his best to help me.
    But during phone interview, the only way of communicating is through voice and since the interviewer was not able to speak English properly, I believe I wasn't given a fair opportunity. This is my honest Feedback about the interview.
    I conveyed this feedback to the recruiter as well but he replied saying decision has been made and he cannot do anything about it

The question during technical phone screening was to implement Deep/Nested Iterator.