Westinghouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Computer Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Windsor, CT) in May 2009.

Interview

A technical recruiter from Westinghouse called me, asked me about my experience with C/C++, some background on my schooling, my work experience as written on my resume...and I was able to ask him questions about the job, which involves programming for real systems, perhaps using C++.

Other Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Township, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process for external people consists of a recruiter prescreen. If liked, you will then have a technical phone screen with the hiring manager. If liked at that point, you generally are called in for an interview, which is a behavioral interview. If an internal employee, you will generally have a prescreen call with a recruiter and then proceed to a behavioral interview but, at times, you just have the interview. The behavioral interviews, in my opinion, do not produce the most capable candidates. The interview process is such much more cumbersome and employers in this day and age just need to be more frank and ask direct questions and expect frank, direct answers. Why bother with reading between the lines and deciphering someone's personality; ask real questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your best and worst qualities?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

No interview, submitted resume online and was called the following day saying I met all the criteria and would be hired outright on a contract position, with a chance to get hired direct.

Job Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Lengthy - tons of behavioral questions, HR takes forever to do basic tasks. Questions were designed to predict how well you would react to everyday issues at the job. I found most of the questions were not very useful. I interviewed with one person and an HR representative. I received the offer from the HR rep.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, and a phone screen was scheduled. It was a conference call with a few different team members, both development and management. Questions were very high-level; no programming knowledge required. It was more behavioral. After the phone screen, was invited on-site. Again, a panel of interviewers at once, high-level questions, some technical, but no coding.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Ogden, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

First I was contacted to set up a phone interview. There were Two people on the call during the phone interview, and the questions dealt with lab experience, including what instruments a I had worked with, as well as salary expectations.
    The onsite interview consisted of a panel of 3 people. The manager and a couple of people who would be involved with training and/or working with me. They'd give a scenario and ask me to tell of an experience I had in the same situation, what I DID and what was the RESULT

Interview Questions

• Sooner or later everyone comes under some pressure to sacrifice quality in order to get work done on time. Tell me about a time when this happened to you. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked about my salary expectations over the phone interview, and they offered that exact amount, so I couldn't really ask for anything else

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheswick, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cheswick, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Mostly HR Questions, few about experience. Expressed practical experience, international and domestic travel experience, fabrication follow, team building skills and problem solving. The interview was fine expect there not a welding there with experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Behavioral interview to begin and followed up with personal and case study.
    Give us an example of a time you worked in a team.
    Give us an example of a time you have failed.
    Give us an example of a time you took constructive criticism.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you worked in a team.
      Give us an example of a time you have failed.
      Give us an example of a time you took constructive criticism.
      Have you ever not met one of the goals you had set for yourself, and if so how did you learn from your mistakes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation phase.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

It was smooth and straight forward without any unexpected happenings.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online after a couple of months and not hearing back I emailed the recruiter and the next day was called to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview they went through my resume and asked me a few questions along with explaining what they would expect of someone in the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation