Westinghouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.7

Senior Nuclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First, a phone interview was setup. The phone interview was very straightforward it was a 30 minute conversation about the position, my experience, and my education. I was offered a face to face interview and that was a behavioral interview.

PM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

they had one on one and Group interviews so it has been interesting to say the least. I found the subject matter experts very nice for the most part and the HR rep extremely helpful and accommodating .

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for direct engineering position. Positive and relaxed interview atmosphere. Interview was personality based. Questions were guided so that I could relate specific examples and stories of actions that I took in order to resolve difficult situations. Wanted to know how I envisioned my "style" as an engineer and whether I saw myself as a team player.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of when you saw someone doing something unethical and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Waste of time! Was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter and politely declined the opportunity. The recruiter then made three separate appointments to talk with me, cancelling each one after the fact. Now the recruiter is requesting via email that I call him.

I was clear that I am not actively seeking a new position, so I do not understand why he keeps wasting my time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call from the HR asking me to come for the interview. The interview was conducted by a panel consisting of 5 people. They took turns asking different questions. Overall questions were structured to get more specific examples of my previous experiences and achievements. Not too difficult. A week later gor a call and the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of being in the situation when yours or company values were challenged.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jenkinsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Jenkinsville, SC).

Interview

I submitted my application online and someone called me about 5 days later for a phone interview. She called me the next day to set up a in person interview which turned out to be a three person panel, five behavioral questions only which they took turns in asking. I have not been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Got someone to change their way of thinking to be in line with my thinking   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

I had an off-the-cuff interview with the hiring manager. The department was looking to quickly fill my current position after it was abandoned by the previous candidate and I think anyone who was remotely qualified would have gotten the job. There was no involvement from HR though, and that was awesome!

Interview Questions

• Are you good with Microsoft Word?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Lots of questions asking for behavioral type responses. What did you do when you came across "X" in a previous position, and how did you handle it?

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a time when you did not succeed in an assignment you were given? Where did you make an incorrect decision, how did you communicate that to your management, and what did you learn in that process?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

HR had a chilly attitude during the interview. "Behavorial" group interview set-up (which frankly, went out of style in the 1960s, which matches Westinghouse's culture). One HR rep just sat there and didn't say anything, but observing my every move and taking notes. Hiring manager left the room twice to take a call during my interview, which is rude. After following up, not one response back from Westinghouse - not even a rejection email. And this is over a year ago. Westinghouse has a reputation in Pittsburgh market about its archaic interview/hiring process.

SCM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evans City, PA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Evans City, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview ONLY! No true conscious effort focused on ones' true abilities and qualifications. I felt as though I was brought in just for "filler". In other words, I was interviewed so the company could say they interviewed so many people. The questions were more for a higher position than I was applying for and there were 6 people interviewing me. It was a ridiculous waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you encountered the hardest thing you ever did.   Answer Question