Westinghouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westinghouse Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.7

Project Controls Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

The process started with a Phone Interview, after a week i was invited for an onsite interview, and three days later I was given an offer which I accepted

Interview Questions

• My experience working in managing EPC Project Schedule
      What is the Largest Project you have ever Managed   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

There was not an interview because I was offered a position after I completed two internships with the company. I received an offer after completing no additional interviews. I had 72 hours to accept/decline the offer.

Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Decent interview, very knowledgeable managers performing the interview. I did not care for the interview style. Very rigidly structured towards a behavioral question interview. Doesn't really give a good capability to discuss how one could actually benefit the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had someone quit on you during a project?   1 Answer

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

Painful. It was a panel interview with 3 WEC representatives. Really dumb questions, trying to determine my pesonallity background. Many of the examples of my prior qualifications were not really understood by the panel; an example of this was my Six Sigma Black Belt qualifications. The interview was approx 1.5 hrs long. I had a good job at the time, so I initally thought that I had wasted my time at WEC. I have also had several Quality Management positions and personally interviewed many applicants; I would have never asked some of the dumb qusetions they did.

Interview Questions

• Stupid non-relevent questions for the position posted.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

Behavioral interview to begin and followed up with personal and case study.
    Give us an example of a time you worked in a team.
    Give us an example of a time you have failed.
    Give us an example of a time you took constructive criticism.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you worked in a team.
      Give us an example of a time you have failed.
      Give us an example of a time you took constructive criticism.
      Have you ever not met one of the goals you had set for yourself, and if so how did you learn from your mistakes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation phase.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

Panel Interview with standard set of questions. No real in-depth queries. Typical attendees are candidate, HR, a hiring manager, plus an at large peer or manager. More of a personality/fit interview.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

canned scenarios, behavioral questions, if you reacted this way last time, you would react the same way in the future. Wanted the focus on "I" answers, not "we" which is hard when the real life focus is on team work

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation you had where the customer was unhappy. How did you work with them and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Senior Nuclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First, a phone interview was setup. The phone interview was very straightforward it was a 30 minute conversation about the position, my experience, and my education. I was offered a face to face interview and that was a behavioral interview.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Windsor, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with hiring manager. Interviewer was very friendly and ask questions about past experience relevant projects and some basic technical questions. He then when over projects that I would work on if given the opportunity to work there.

PM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

they had one on one and Group interviews so it has been interesting to say the least. I found the subject matter experts very nice for the most part and the HR rep extremely helpful and accommodating .