Whiting-Turner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

First had an on university campus interview and later a in person interview at their branch in Phoenix, where I had lunch with a couple head guys and then had small 15-20 min interviews with various people in the office.

Interview Questions

• Lots of personality, experience, and situational questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Burlington, VT) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was simple, i had to show up and have a brief talk with one of the people there. They were very short and did not ask many useful questions

Interview Questions

• why does this interest you as apposed to the design side of engineering?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Burlington, VT) in March 2017.

Interview

Met VP at a career fair at my school and was asked to interview the next day with him. Following that interview I proceeded to their Burlington jobsite a few days later to interview with their team, a Superintendent and Project Manager. I received an offer letter after about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I visited the company during a campus career fair and was given an on-campus interview. Following this, I interviewed in Baltimore, MD. I talked to 5 different people for about a half hour each and then visited a job site.

Interview Questions

• In 30 seconds or less, why should we pick you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I Started with a half hour interview at a job fair followed by a several hour interview in the office with several people. It was like speed dating and everyone in the company has different things to talk to you about.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. I interviewed with six different groups at the company and they chose which group I would be best for. There were two interviews both fairly general. Nothing too specific was asked regarding my background in construction.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on that relates to construction from college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (New York, NY).

Interview

very casual. One on one interview with multiple employees. Asking why you want to work there and if you are ok with long term travel. Tell us more about your experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok traveling for long periods of time?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 current employees, all at different levels. The experience was really comfortable. Asked many personal questions, made the conversation fluid and relatable. Wasn't too intimidating, however, be prepared to answer the same question multiple times.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview. I believe they asked a lot of questions about why I specifically wanted to work at Whiting-Turner, what kinds of qualifications and experiences I have, etc. A lot of it was to gauge to see if I was interested in working at Whiting-Turner above all other firms. I knew that, so beforehand, I studied their website in detail.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to the person who received my resume for about 30 minutes, she was very sweet and conversational, not too intense. She asked a lot about what I was interested in and how I became interested in it, and showed interest in my enthusiasm for the company and job. Also enjoyed answering the questions I asked her.