Wireless Lifestyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wireless Lifestyle Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle (Topeka, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with both the Store Manager and Regional Manager. Questions were repeated between the two. Store manager expressed frustration about policies and directives he receives from the corporate offices, which is kind of strange conversation to get in to during an initial interview. The regional manager intimated that sales quotas were fairly tantamount to staying on with company. Both managers told me that I was overqualified for the position I had applied for, but they would keep me in mind for future openings. Overall kind of a stressful vibe from the two whom I interviewed with, and I got the impression that the company experiences a high employee turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• How important is reaching sales quotas to you? When have you gone above and beyond for your job? What is a time you didn't meet your goals, and what have you done to improve your effectiveness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raytown, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle (Raytown, MO).

Interview

It was with the Regional Manager for almost 15 min and then they called to let me know I had the job within a few hours later. He asked about myself and then asked if I was confident in my abilities. It took about 15 minutes then I left. He gave me a call and said I had the job but that I would need to speak to the store manager so I did. That conversation/interview with the store manager was even shorter and I started probably a weekend later.

Service and Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First you fill out an online application a recruiter calls you. You come into the store meet with the store manager. The interview process was very laid-back relaxed talking to a friend. It's not like an interrogation. Overall it was pretty simple

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle.

Interview

It took a month to get an interview. The manager was unprofessional and creepy. He asked redundant questions. DId not look at my resume. Showed me the other candidates applying.

Interview Questions

• Define competiveness. Are you competitive? What is your past experience? How well are you with tech support? Your availability. Asked for resume. Describe your current/past job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Flourtown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle (Flourtown, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview after a few days of applying for the job. The interview was scheduled two weeks after I was contacted on the phone. There are many questions that the hiring manager asked. The hiring manager was nice and a really thought I was a great for the position, I got a call the next day saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment, where do you see yourself in a year here, what is your definition of a successful person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward and to the point. Commission and pay structure was explained clearly. Most expectations were lined out in a reasonable manner. Interviewer was very friendly and made sure the job description was clear and concise

Interview Questions

• How do you react when you are facing an angry customer and have to help them resolve their issue?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle.

Interview

Had a phone interview then was called in on a interview. Manger explain the culture of the company and was looking for a fit for his store which was a lot of young sale people.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay working at a different location?   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle.

Interview

Contacted by regional recruiter and conducted phone interview. After that interviewed with District Manager at a store. Hiring process took maybe 2 weeks. Phone screen was very short and quick as I had experience in Wireless. Recruiter gave a ton of good information about job description. Will say while salary quote was accurate commission could not have been more inaccurate and overhyped, but knowing that they are looking for first job type of sales staff it was expected.

Interview Questions

• Standard sales questions; sell me this pen, describe a tough situation with an employee, when you had to work as a part of a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle (Oakland, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Walk in the interviewer didn't have are private place for us to do the interview. The Interview looked at my resume asked me some questions about my past work.
    He showed me how the rate their employees, which is a pretty good way to create a high turn out.
    They rate employees 2 ways. How much they sell and how the customers' rate their service. It doesn't matter how well you sell. If you in the bottom of sales compare to your coworkers for too long you'll be let go.
    As for how the Customer rating work is very simple 100% perfect rating or 0. If a customer doesn't give you 5 stars rating on everything. It doesn't matter if the customer enjoy your service you'll get a 0 rating for it. SO it's basically a pass or fail system disguised as a rating system.

The way the 2 system work together make so that they will purposely have a high turn over rate. You ask to create and push a sale to every chance you get. The interviewer said that he would even use children to get a sale and want his employees to do the same. At the same time you excepted to give great customer service. He told me this after telling the customers don't like to be sold stuff they didn't ask for. So by pushing sales you also run the risk of the customer rating you badly which in turn will get a person let go from the job.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in a past jobs?
      Can you do sales?
      Can you create a sales no matter what?
      Can you aggressive in selling to customers?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wireless Lifestyle (Joplin, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was fairly easy. No big deal really. Asks basic questions. some questions can be in depth, but for the most part easy. centered around sales. lasted about 45 minutes. face to face after a phone interview. phone interview lasted 30 minutes