Workiva Software Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Development

Workiva Software Development Interview Questions

Interviews at Workiva

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workiva (Ames, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

I gave my resume during my career fair and after few days they called me for an interview. The interview lasted for an hour. Simple technical questions and HR questions. They go through the resume very thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation and Linked Lists... They allow us to chose a language according to us to code   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Workiva

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workiva (Bozeman, MT) in June 2014.

Interview

After a brief (~1/2 hr) phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview which lasted around 4 hours. I feel that I did well in the interview and I got a good response from those interviewing me, the manager I talked to at the end of the interview and from the HR department afterwards. Despite the positive response I was told that since I had already graduated I didn't qualify for an internship and there were no current open entry-level Software Engineer positions at the branch. Hopefully I can find a spot in the future, as Workiva seemed like a pretty neat environment to work in!

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of "Describe the data structures that you would use to build a book tracking system for a library." This involved using a whiteboard to sketch out data structures and answering questions on how I would implement various tasks (lookup by author, title, etc.)   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Workiva (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Part of the team was remote so I was interviewed by both the local team and the remote team simultaneously. I was given a tour of the office, which is/was quite small but located in an interesting and very integrated co-working space with other companies with different focuses that seemed like it'd be a nice place to go to work each day. Interview questions were not really focused on my technical ability, but about the technical subjects that interested me and my understanding of those subjects. They had read my resume and asked questions about some of the more obscure skills/experiences I had listed - it seemed like they were trying to discern how I was different from the other 25 interns all versed in Java and C. They also had some basic questions about agile/iterative software development. I got a definite sense that they cared about the kind of personality they were hiring and in particular if I would be able to work with remote team members. I chose not to ask for a job offer to WebFilings through my university internship process after the interview simply because the work itself did not interest me as much as other companies did.