Worldwide TechServices Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Worldwide TechServices Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

phone interview, basic screening questions referring to CompTIA A+ knowledge, can you take apart a computer, what do you do if the computer wont power on, how do you interact with customers? if you can answer these questions youre more than qualified

Interview Questions

• Can you take apart and put back a computer and have it turn back on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is non-negotiable for each order, but you can train in only one specific order for a higher pay and never receive lower pay orders

Filed Tech Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview with regional manager. Interview took approximately thirty minutes. A friendly and down to earth guy told me his own experience when he started off. Honest of quite few things

Interview Questions

• Past experience, how to handle hostile customer and environment.   1 Answer

Senior HNS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

A WWTS recruiter found my resume and wanted to pre-screen me before sending me on to a Territory Supervisor for another phone interview. She described the position to me, throwing in phrases like "we provide you with a vehicle" and "we can fly you to Massachusetts for training on satellite repairs". Then, the last rabbit she pulls out of her hat is the meager salary: $36K. When I reply that's a bit on the low side, she responds "Well, what about the car, and free training...would that not sweeten the deal for you?" When I ask about prospects for potential compensation increases, ie performance reviews and how they are structured, she got kind of vague, and said I could ask the supervisor about that.

Scheduled phone interviewer doesn't call at the scheduled time, and finally calls 20 minutes late, on speaker phone. I was not near my phone, and he left a voice mail, which I promptly listened to and called him back, getting his voice mail. Have not heard back. Seems like a shady operation, at least based on first impressions.

Interview Questions

• Can I pass a background check? Have I worked with OEM hardware before? Are you comfortable climbing a ladder with 16 pound tool belt?   1 Answer

Network Tefchnician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patchogue, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Patchogue, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

In person interview that questioned my level of experience when managing and maintaining various networks. The interviewers were concerned with my years of experience and possibly my age and any certifications that I have acquired over the years. Some of the technologies that were mentioned included virtualization, windows operating systems and active directory as well as hardware cabling and server familiarity. There was minimal travel involved with this position.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to diagnose hardware and software problems. Are you familiar with various computer applications.   1 Answer

Associate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Naperville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online directly on the company website and then I got a phone call from HR and they set me up with an interview with my new supervisor Jay Eschman.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Panel interview setting with various representatives from the company; wide ranging questions covering multiple aspects of the job. Very professional group and lots of interaction with team members. The process lasted about 2 hours and was very thorough.

Interview Questions

I accepted a position with a different company.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worldwide TechServices.

Interview

Promises were made on the initial interview which included a raise and 29 hours a week. Neither came true. Also, they left out the part about not being paid for the first 40 miles of travel.

Interview Questions

• There were very few questions as they are in need of techs.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Worldwide TechServices in August 2014.

Interview

My interview consisted of a 5 minute telephone interview. I didn't even know I got the job until I received an offer letter via email 10 minutes later. The interviewer was very misleading regarding the "part time"status. You could receive "up to" 29 hours per week. Notice the "up to". You could also get 5 hours per week. So basically you were "on call". All they really care about is whether you have a tool kit and a pulse. Keep reading the posts from the unfortunate souls who actually worked for this company..

Interview Questions

Too many very bad reviews posted on Glassdoor.com, and the part time hours were not guaranteed.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You got pulse? You got job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Worldwide TechServices (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

I did a phone interview. He made it sound simple and easy. The pay sounded about right for the position.

Negotiation

There was a contract emailed to me, i looked it over. If i agreed to the contract, i signed and sent it back.