Xoom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xoom Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.7

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xoom in September 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the hiring manager. He was south american and one of the most awkward people i've ever interviewed with. 2 things stood out from this experience 1) he spent at least 20 of the scheduled 30 minutes talking about the company. i knew everything he was telling me from my research and familiarity with the industry. im ok with that but what was a semi red flag was that he was taking up all the time when he should be vetting me no? he did graciously ask if we can go over. we ended up going an hour. 2) he had me go over an example from my past but got so hung up on my pronouns. i understand you want to know what i specifically did vs team/others but at least let me finish the story. he must've interrupted me at least 7 times to start over. i was soooooooo close to just hanging up and ive NEVER been that close to doing so. plus its just rude. i dont know if it was his english skills perhaps? (i'm a minority myself). in the 75 or so interviews ive done and recounts of my professional experiences, ive never come anything close to this experience on this one question which took up at least 20 minutes.

the nail in the coffin regarding red flags regarding JUST THIS MANAGER, i still love the concept of xoom, is that i asked him what is the one thing he'd change at xoom. he stated "absolutely nothing". perhaps i should've phrased it differently but in the 75 ish number of interviews ive ever done in my life, no has ever said, "absolutely nothing". i found it to be naive and/or foolish.

i called hr and told them i want to withdraw from the search regardless of evaluation.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set me up with the interview.
    It was pretty straight forward. The interviewer was easy going.I really dont know what else to write so that it fits 50 words. Hence i am writing this in this box here. Hopefully it should be upto 50 words

Interview Questions

• Asked me to compare the performance of a Linkedlist and an ArrayList. I did exactly what he had asked me to do. got an email after a week, i am not being considered for any positions right now.Seemed really stupid   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xoom.

Interview

applied online and was contacted by recruiter in couple of days. immediate phone screen was scheduled. went very well was told to hear back for onsite interview. After that no updates. I tried following up but no response.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had read that several people thought the interview process was overly lengthy or difficult, I must disagree. Yes it was 3+ hours, but considering the size of the company and the fact that you get interviewed by several leaders of various teams I didn't consider it unreasonable at all, plus they hooked me up with snacks :)

Interview Questions

• How many IP addresses are in a /24?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very basic questions with recruiter, then after a week I got an onsite interview to meet with hiring manager and the peers. Skills test during the interview and background check when I got the offer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xoom in October 2014.

Interview

it was a hell long interview. One morning, I was interviewed by 5 accounting team members. they are either manager or senior accountants. the company is very careful in choosing their co-worker, so the whole team will see you! tiring 3hr+ interveiw

Interview Questions

• nothing abnormal, but you really have to talk about yourself many times   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of interviewing with the hiring manager, and two more of his peers that he trusted. No tricky questions, just a normal conversation trying to get to know you better and how your skills transfer to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I submitted a counter-offer with sustaining reasons for the increase in salary. It was accepted.

Senior Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xoom (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

This was the first time I worked with a 3rd party recruiter that actually was a help. Padraig at CV Partners is awesome. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager then came in for 6 inperson interviews with members of different areas of IT. All were really pleasant and while it was a long 3 hour process it gave me a good feel for the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about database security which was out of my scope of experience. No specific questions other than what would I do to improve DB security. Wasn't really a screening question other than to see how I think.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to tell Padraig what amount was a lock.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interviewing manager was quite friendly, but extremely unprepared when she called me for my first and only interview. After exchanging greetings, she apologized for being late to make the call and then asked me to wait while she reviewed my resume! She said she needed to recall what questions she had planned to ask.

Interview Questions

• Once organized, she proceeded to ask very specific questions about a project I had worked on almost ten years prior.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xoom.

Interview

It was good.. Asked some basic QA questions. Directly jumped into code.

Interview Questions

• Asking to write some program..
      Having 50000 integers and write a program to get #### by adding 1-50000 integers.. and the loop should stop after getting the value(####) we want.
      1 Answer