Yard House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yard House Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2018

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yard House (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online 2-3 weeks later got an email for an interview. Walked-in met with one manager she asked questions about my availability and what I did at chipotle. She loved me! and even invited me to my second and final interview for the following next day. I met with the GM this time went over the same questions mostly focused on my availability and offered the job and I accepted it!

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

When I first arrived (10 minutes early) , they made me wait for 30 minutes before a manager interviewed me. The questions were basic, easy, and I was confident inwas going to get the job. . Only to be told that all the positions were already filled and that they will give me a call if they need me. I honestly dont see the point of interviewing me in the first place if you were full on staff . 😒

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yard House in December 2017.

Interview

I arrived 15-20 minutes early. The front of house staff was so sweet and I chatted with the Host until the waitress who asked for my name came back with the manager. She was polite and lively at first with a weak hand shake and blank smile. I liked how casually she addressed me and asked questions until she started to get distracted. She would stare off at the other team members and kid around with them in the midst of our conversation. This may have been endearing if we weren't in the middle of a professional conversation. She asked me maybe 4 questions (rushing distractedly through my answers) about myself before she gave me an overview of the company. The interview lasted 10-15 minutes and she said things like "congratulations" while flipping through my paperwork, and "there are more interviews so we'll stay in contact!" I don't know if that's true or not as it has been over a week with no missed calls. It seemed like a fun place to be and the crew seemed relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Long Beach, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back about a month later at 11 am and scheduled a interview for that same day at 3 pm. It was pretty standard met with a manager, at the end I asked the next step in the interview process and he said theres 3 interviews but he liked my vibe and asked if I'd be willing to speak to the assistant GM, I did and they set up the third and final interview for the following day, it went about 5 minutes before the GM offered me the position which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is a hostess job to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me the most important personality trait of the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yard House (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on line for the one at Town Square took about a month got called for an interview, Had two interviews didnt get the third one with the GM

Hostess Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a couple of days. They scheduled an interview with me for the following day. There were six applicants applying for the same position. We each met with the managers for five minutes. One of the mangers was trying very hard to be intimidating by continuously bringing up that this was a competition. It rubbed me the wrong way.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Interviewed by two different managers on two different occasions. Took less than a week after applying. Very easy interview. I was basically offered the job on the spot. I started working within the same week of interviewing.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yard House (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

Straight forward until they tell you it doesn't matter how much serving experience you have, they make you start at Front Desk or Food Running. Management at this particular location is incredibly condescending, prepare yourself to talk into a place flooded with big headed egos.

Interview Questions

• How many beers do we have on tap?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yard House (Northridge, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with three different managers, not all at the same time. Managers were very nice and open to any questions about the position. As mentioned, I interviewed with one manager and was later introduced to a second and eventually a third. The final interviewer was the person to make the final decision. The questions were relatively easy.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yard House (Lynnfield, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

You meet with two managers and then the general manager. Their goal is not only to review your past work experiences but also to get to know you on a personal level. A big part of the company is working together to create a cohesive and productive environment. Your personality and work ethic will play a big role in that and that's what they want to see.

Interview Questions

• If someone walked in and ordered a bud light, how would you handle it knowing that we have so many other options for beer? Sell me.   Answer Question