Yard House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yard House Interview Questions

Interviews at Yard House

2.4

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yard House in April 2014.

Interview

It was simple and straight forward. Met with two managers. First was the GM: standard questions, where have I worked previously, why I wanted to work at Yard House etc..
    Second was with the server manager: some repeated questions and then a more in depth behavioral interview questions. Then we talked about beer which was great and casual. We gave each other new beer recommendations. I was then hired.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yard House (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

Straight forward until they tell you it doesn't matter how much serving experience you have, they make you start at Front Desk or Food Running. Management at this particular location is incredibly condescending, prepare yourself to talk into a place flooded with big headed egos.

Interview Questions

• How many beers do we have on tap?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yard House (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Easy questions asking basic things about my experience and why I wanted to work there. Was not a difficult interview and they hired me on the spot. Spoke with two different managers.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yard House (Tucson, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to 2 different managers, both were very nice and talkative. We talked about my past job experiences and why I liked working in the restaurant industry. We ended up talking more about my past jobs and studying abroad than my actual work experience. It was a very easy interview and I felt very comfortable. They will ask you to describe/ sell an item to them, so know how to do that

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Moorestown, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring staff was very welcoming and always seemed very happy. From the day I walked into the door to fill out an application I was always greeted with a smiling face and sometimes even a high five! Everyone that worked there seemed to love their job and wanted to share that with everyone else. It was fantastic.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yard House (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First I applied online by filing out an electronic application from Darden. I got an email a few days later saying that I would be scheduled for an interview. I called and set up a time and I went to a location downtown that was strictly set up for the new restaurant's recruiting process. I first interviewed with the server manager. He asked me about my past experience as a server. He asked me how I would describe one of our signature dishes to the customers. After about a 10 minute chat, he asked me if I had time to stick around and talk to the general manager. I waited and talked to the manager and I was pretty nervous. I thought I had bombed the interview, but after he gave me the "We'll call you talk" I told him that that's not now I wanted it to go and then he asked, well, why should we hire you? I think he respected the fact that I was able to see my weaknesses and own up to it. He gave me the job!

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Greenville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Walked into the restaurant and told the hostesses I was there for an interview. They sat me at a table, brought me water, then I waited for a manager. I spoke with two managers who both asked me questions. It was a pretty laidback interview.

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yard House (Burbank, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Smooth. Had 1 manager interview me 1-1 and asked standard interview questions. Nothing too aggressive and mostly open-ended questions. She allowed me to talk for most of the interview. Had the 2nd manager interview immediately after and he asked more personal questions, such as why I want to be a server, why I chose this company, what excites me about it.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a time you helped out a team member in need?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you were under big pressure and overcame it.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yard House.

Interview

I can’t remember much of anything other than I was asked several times if I had any questions for *them* or rather, the interviewer himself, which felt odd. I was offput by the very forced notion that everyone was a family.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me (the interviewer)?*

*But like, 6 times   1 Answer
    • Interviewer: Do you have anymore questions for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yard House (Irvine, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

They were very polite. I was supposed to meet with 3 different managers but the first two liked me so much they said it was unnecessary. The staff was very nice in offering me a drink while I waited.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work crazy hours?   1 Answer