Yard House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yard House Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.4

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yard House in December 2017.

Interview

I arrived 15-20 minutes early. The front of house staff was so sweet and I chatted with the Host until the waitress who asked for my name came back with the manager. She was polite and lively at first with a weak hand shake and blank smile. I liked how casually she addressed me and asked questions until she started to get distracted. She would stare off at the other team members and kid around with them in the midst of our conversation. This may have been endearing if we weren't in the middle of a professional conversation. She asked me maybe 4 questions (rushing distractedly through my answers) about myself before she gave me an overview of the company. The interview lasted 10-15 minutes and she said things like "congratulations" while flipping through my paperwork, and "there are more interviews so we'll stay in contact!" I don't know if that's true or not as it has been over a week with no missed calls. It seemed like a fun place to be and the crew seemed relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Long Beach, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back about a month later at 11 am and scheduled a interview for that same day at 3 pm. It was pretty standard met with a manager, at the end I asked the next step in the interview process and he said theres 3 interviews but he liked my vibe and asked if I'd be willing to speak to the assistant GM, I did and they set up the third and final interview for the following day, it went about 5 minutes before the GM offered me the position which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is a hostess job to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me the most important personality trait of the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yard House (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on line for the one at Town Square took about a month got called for an interview, Had two interviews didnt get the third one with the GM

Hostess Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a couple of days. They scheduled an interview with me for the following day. There were six applicants applying for the same position. We each met with the managers for five minutes. One of the mangers was trying very hard to be intimidating by continuously bringing up that this was a competition. It rubbed me the wrong way.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Interviewed by two different managers on two different occasions. Took less than a week after applying. Very easy interview. I was basically offered the job on the spot. I started working within the same week of interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yard House (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

Straight forward until they tell you it doesn't matter how much serving experience you have, they make you start at Front Desk or Food Running. Management at this particular location is incredibly condescending, prepare yourself to talk into a place flooded with big headed egos.

Interview Questions

• How many beers do we have on tap?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yard House (Northridge, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with three different managers, not all at the same time. Managers were very nice and open to any questions about the position. As mentioned, I interviewed with one manager and was later introduced to a second and eventually a third. The final interviewer was the person to make the final decision. The questions were relatively easy.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Greenville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Walked into the restaurant and told the hostesses I was there for an interview. They sat me at a table, brought me water, then I waited for a manager. I spoke with two managers who both asked me questions. It was a pretty laidback interview.

Barback Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yard House (Dedham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I showed up in person to follow up on an online application. Within 10 minutes, I had an interview set up with some of the managers. There were few quick questions about work experience and education. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience working in customer service.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

Fairly relaxed and laid back. It was a one on one interview in the restaurant with the general manager at the time. We talked about my experience and my intentions and drive for working at The Yard House.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in the service industry when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question