Zendesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zendesk Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Associate Customer Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got an email response back that day to schedule a phone call with an HR person. Things were looking good. On the call, however, the person on the phone lacked knowledge of the role and wasn't able to provide details about the day to day tasks. The person also made it seem like the position was rather menial and not worth Zendesk's time. I was very excited at the prospect of working for this company and potentially growing into other positions, but after speaking with the representative, I felt deflated. I was confident that I was qualified for the position but I haven't heard back despite being told I would get a update; it's been few weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and began email correspondence with a recruiter a few weeks after I dropped off my resume.

I eventually got to speak with my recruiter on the phone and learned more about what Zendesk has to offer and the products that Zendesk supports. Afterwards, I was sent a coding challenge that I completed quickly and sent it back to my recruiter for review.

About two weeks later, I was set up to have a phone call with someone from the team that I would potentially be a part of. The call was non-technical and really gave me more perspective on how interns would be involved with projects and more about the overall work culture.

A week later, I got invited to an onsite interview at the SF headquarters where I had the opportunity to meet most of the team that I'd be potentially put on. There were 6 interviews and most were a mix of technical and behavioral.

Overall, my experience interviewing with Zendesk has been super positive and I attribute this to their great HR. My recruiter was very transparent and helpful throughout the entire process. The in person interviewers were also very nice and supportive even when I would get stuck during the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process seemed positive. There was an initial screening call with the recruiter, an interview with the manager, an excel exercise I did well on then a on site interview with 4 people back to back. I felt like I did great in all of it. Left feeling positive.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process spanned a month. I had a phone interview with the internal recruiter, a skills assessment test, and another phone interview. I felt like everything went well and was very straight forward. HR was responsive and let you know where you were at in the process.

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Madison, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

10 minute call with recruiter, who asked very high level questions, nothing technical (e.g. why do you want to leave your current position).

30 minute technical interview by phone, 15 minutes spent answering questions, 15 minutes spent doing a basic coding exercise in language of my choice.

30 minute phone call with hiring manager, talking about technology topics, describing my work history, technologies of interest, and some behavioral questions

On-site interview for about 3 hours, meeting with members of the team and other managers, doing a mix of programming exercises and technical questions, some behavioral questions.

IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a relatively quick process. Two phone screens and one onsite. The first phone screen was with a recruiter and then next was with the hiring manager. The onsite was a total of three interviews with 1-2 interviewers each. The interviewers were team members- excluding the manager this time. The turn around for all interview feedback was quick. I'd say 1-3 days tops.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very expected questions for a role like this. Questions related to experience and what makes me a 'people person'. At one point that asked me to walk them through how to use my favorite feature on a Macbook. There weren't any real curve balls.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick, open, had lunch during the interview - made it less formal. Enjoyed that I got to meet a variety of people. Some of the interviews were remote and ran into technical issues. Did not receive a tour of the office.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

We had three phone calls: first, the recruiter, and then two technical calls. After that, there was an onsite interview that lasted 4 hours, which was a mix of technical questions, background discussions, and learning more about company. There were some coding questions that I solved on the whiteboard, which were reasonable straightforward. There was plenty of time to ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain the functionality of an undocumented piece of code, which was a recursive function.   1 Answer

Customer Reference Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

-Phone screen
    -On site with 4x 30 minute interviews
    -Homework presenting to 7 people + 1x 30 minute interview with upper management
    -1x final skype interview with upper management who was out of country on business (normally would have happened during round 3)

The entire process went pretty quickly, as they were respecting that I had other offers/companies that I was interviewing with. The recruiter was very responsive, helpful and kind. I spoke to so many people that I was able to get a good sense of the company culture.

Interview Questions

• The question that took me most by surprise was asking if I had actually downloaded the free trial of Zendesk and used it. Do this!   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zendesk in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview only -- no experience with any face-to-face interviewing. It went about 30 minutes and I was asked very standard phone screening questions - including what I was used to making in salary.