Zendesk Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 531 of over 531 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Zendesk

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk in Aug 2021

Interview

A coding challenge, one behavioral interview, and one technical interview that asks you questions about your coding challenge. The interview process was super smooth and transparent. Always keeping the candidates updated about the process.

Interview Questions
  • Typical Behavioral questions and questions about your coding challenge.
    Answer Question

Zendesk

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

The interviews with team members were engaging, but the overall process was extremely drawn out. It took nearly two months. At multiple stages, I assumed they had moved on without notifying me, only to get contacted for yet another interview. In the end they told me they were making a decision within days, yet they never contacted me to tell me they went with another candidate. I have empathy for the demands of hiring at a high-growth company, but I as disappointed to not be treated wth more respect as a candidate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Zendesk

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Zendesk

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First-round was a technical interview that included both Excel and PowerPoint elements. The second round included two behavioral interviews. The final round was only behavioral. All behavioral questions did not include any technical questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zendesk

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

Interviewer laughing at me? Terribly unprofessional process. Easy interview questions. Multiple steps to the recruiting pipeline, seems like there's still some interesting work to be done, but I'd rather not do it with some of the people they put me through in the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zendesk

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

After being contacted by the recruiter via message on LinkedIn, I spoke to the recruiter and then the hiring manager. I was frustrated that no follow up about a decision, even after a couple of polite requests, was given.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Zendesk (Melbourne)

Interview

Info session, take home challenge, tech interview, behavioral interview. Take home challenge was not hard, if you google it, you will see some examples of previous years submissions. Tech interview was based on the take home challenge and included some general questions and some live coding. Behavioral interview was standard CAR questions. Interviewers are professional, friendly, want applicants to succeed.

2 people found this interview helpful

Zendesk

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

The interview process was a mixture of 1:1 interviews and panel interviews. I got to meet with my reporting line manager, the team, as well as key stakeholders during the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Can you give me an example of a time when you had to lead a team through a significant organizational change?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Diego, CA) in Dec 2021

Interview

Recruiter reached out to schedule a 30 minute phone screen. Next round was 30 minutes with the hiring manager. Recruiter sent helpful interview prep material and info on Zendesk benefits prior to the hiring manager interview. Hiring manager round went well or so I thought. Recruiter afterwards sent an email saying “I’ll set up a time afterwards for us to follow up after your interview.” The follow up never came. I assumed I got ghosted but I wanted closure so I followed up about 20 days after (yeah I could’ve followed up sooner) and only then did the recruiter send a generic rejection response. Unprofessional. It’s really not hard to send a courtesy rejection notification.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Zendesk

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

The process was quite confusing, the recruiter wasn’t handling it very well. I went to the interviews without knowing what to expect and even when I asked, I got vague answers. The people in the business were amazing and I enjoyed all stages very much so nothing bad to say about the actual interviews. I didn’t end up getting the role and got notified by an automated email, just confirming the interview process is a mess. It is a huge shame as the company is great so I hope they will get over these growing pains and invest in the candidate experience in the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zendesk

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

It was casual and mostly Behavioral questions. It was overall a nice experience and the interviewer was also very nice. Prepare some questions to ask cause they will leave some time for questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zendesk

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk in Dec 2021

Interview

Screening call with recruiter, Hiring Manager interview. I received some emails thanking me for my time with a recruiter for a Partnerships role when I didn't have the opportunity to actually interview. For another screen call I had, my interviewer did not call me at the right number and didn't reply to my emails when I noticed the incorrect number being in the calendar invite. When I finally had a chance to connect, I didn't receive any apology and the tone of my interview was very robotic and there wasn't any expressed interest in speaking with me.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your leadership experience, describe a time where you built out a system or process on your own, describe a time where you overcame a challenge in your career
Viewing 1 - 10 of 531 Interviews