Blurred employer

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Zendesk Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 691 of over 691 interviews

Recruiter15%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk (Singapore)

Interview

Five rounds of interview with recruiters, peers, manager and director. All of them were friendly, clear questions and very attentive. All questions were based on scenarios and how I would approach it and drive it to resolution.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anyone at Zendesk here? How is the company culture, WLB and overall state of happiness?

10 comments

Principal Consultant 1

I assume that’s not a rhetorical question despite having zen in the name?

View 10 more replies

Zendesk

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

Met with HR, then the hiring manager, finally the team. I was not selected because of my lack of experience in tech support. None of the questions I was asked was too technical, rather straightforward behavioral ones.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zendesk

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

Resume screening, 1 behavioral round and 1 technical round. Behavioral a bit weird for internship given that candidates probably don't have much experiences. Technical 1 medium-ish question. Took quite long to get notified by recruiter of result

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Would anyone be willing to refer me to Zendesk? Really interested in a particular role and can share my qualifications, resume, etc. TYIA! Zendesk

2 comments

Project Manager 1

It might be helpful to try networking with people from Zendesk on LinkedIn if you don't have any luck here! Look for people with similar roles to the one that you've got your eye on, and connect with them. Ask them questions about the qualifications needed for the role and how referrals work. :) Good luck!

View 1 more reply

Zendesk

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

Quick process; a few interviews (initial phone screen, then hiring manager, then team members). More relaxed interview style/conversational discussing past experiences and situational questions. Interviewers were open, honest, and personable.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle difficult conversations? How do you push back on customers?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk (Kraków)

Interview

The process was very smooth and the interviewer was very easy to talk with. From setting up the interview to closing it out, everything went smoothly. Also, the initial interview is set-up through a phone call, and that was extremely easy to schedule.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

How can I convince my team to switch to Zendesk? The platform we use is ghetto and bc the team is so new, no one really knows that they are missing out on by staying with the status quo.

2 comments

Director 1

Show them how easy it is to use. Give them a demo or share some marketing materials.

View 1 more reply

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk (Montreal, QC) in Sep 2023

Interview

Mostly straightforward. I had a call with HR, followed by a technical interview. I unfortunately didn’t finish as my interviewers left after 1 hour even though we were scheduled for 90 minutes. I had a systems design interview the next day.

Interview Questions
  • In the technical interview I was asked to code an app that’d communicate with a messaging API. For the system design round I was asked to design a system similar to zendesk worked

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk (Manila, Manila)

Interview

1. Recruiter interview was very casual. He basically just explained the role and function. It lasted less than 30 minutes; 2. Panel interview with two senior managers from different countries. Learned from this interview that the position I was applying for will not report to any of them. Both asked their own set of questions; 3. Final panel interview with the direct manager and director. Introduced themselves and their roles then both asked their set of questions. The direct manager from the US was really nice compared to the director from the Philippines. Never heard her say anything that would make me feel comfortable unlike the US manager who expressed appreciation for answering his questions or for sharing my experiences.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

It was a great experience - great group of people and a very transparent process from the start to the finish. It was just the right amount of interviews and moved seamlessly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anybody work at Zendesk ? Saw an interesting role and would love to learn about the company and get a referral if possible.

7 comments

Zendesk 1

I work at Zendesk! Happy to give you info and a referral

View 7 more replies

Zendesk

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zendesk

Interview

I was giving 20 minutes to prepare a presentation for a creative project when I was suppose to have had all week. Then I was ghosted after being sent a benefits package after a month a half or interviewing. It was pretty clear that the recruiter had very little experience hiring for creative positions before.

Interview Questions
  • They asked what my most boring/corporate project was and how I creatively problem solved it.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila

Application

I interviewed at Zendesk (Manila, Manila)

Interview

It was fun though we have series of interviews, 4 interviews this position but definitely not the typical interview from the other company. You will learn more during the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 691 Interviews

Zendesk Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Zendesk as 47.1% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.82 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Staff Software Engineer and Sales Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Business Operations Manager and Software Test Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Zendesk takes an average of 25.28 days when considering 462 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Account Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Site Reliability Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 120 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Zendesk according to 462 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 31.38%

Work at Zendesk? Share Your Experiences

Zendesk logo

Zendesk Photos

+ Add Photo
Zendesk photo of: We come together intentionally. Check out some members of the People and Places team at our Madison office.
Zendesk photo of: Halloween-themed fun was had for employees who wanted to get together at our London and Dublin offices.
Zendesk photo of: Our crafty witch and wizard workshop Frankensteined up some furry freaky fiendish spider garlands, all part of our ongoing support of COSMIC (Children of St. Mary's Intensive Care).
Zendesk photo of: Here's how one Zendesk employee enjoyed a recent Recharge Friday, our company-wide day off.
Zendesk photo of: The LATAM Women at Zendesk committee organized a breakfast to bring local members together for the first time since the pandemic.
Zendesk photo of: A group of Zendesk Mexico volunteers collaborated in cleaning the canals and planting Xochimilco trees, in partnership with Voluntarios México.

Expert Career Advice