Zenefits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zenefits

2.8

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

The process was comprised of one round of speaking with an internal recruiter on the phone, one remote coding exercise, and a full day onsite interview at their SF office.

The main focus areas for technical questions during the onsite were object oriented JavaScript and building a layout with CSS.

While the initial rounds were pretty standard, the onsite interview was marred by a large number of technical issues and logistical failures on their part. This included double booking the interview room. At one point, I was left alone to argue with a rude developer who insisted the room was reserved for a demo. I told him I was there interviewing and had no part in scheduling the room, and he angrily slammed the door on me as he left.

Asking about the company's past regulatory issues and controversies as a matter of due diligence seemed to be received very poorly by one of the interviewers, as if I had asked about something inappropriately personal.

The recruiter and the company materials indicated that candidates would receive the outcome of the interview within 5 business days, but I was ghosted despite several follow up attempts. That is until an email CCing the hiring manager got a response from the recruiter a month after the interview.

Overall, this was a very negative experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you work through disagreements with your team?   Answer Question

Dec 10, 2019 – People Representative

Hello,
    On behalf of our recruiting team, we’d like to thank you for your honest feedback and bringing your experience to our attention. The on-site experience you had is absolutely unacceptable, and we have changed our internal scheduling process to ensure this never happens again.

Our recruiting team welcomes questions about the company’s past, because our past has helped shaped the positive direction and growth we are currently experiencing. We respect when candidates do their due-diligence about our company, and strive to provide honest answers to any of their concerns. As a result of your feedback, we have briefed our interview panels on how to communicate more effectively when asked these questions.

Being “ghosted” as you put it, is absolutely not acceptable. We have gone over your feedback and have changed our internal processes to reflect this.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions or comments. We look forward to providing you with an awesome experience in the future should you apply again in the future.

Technical Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits.

Interview

Terrible communication with the recruiting team which is ironic given they produce an HR product. Not only did they take over weeks to process my application, they never reached back after asking for my availability (even after several reminders).

Interview Questions

Zenefits Response

Aug 19, 2019 – People Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear you had this experience with us. I will be sure to provide this feedback with our recruiting team to ensure we continue to improve our process.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Just be on the top of your game. Do your linkedin research, and know who you're talking to and sell them their own product. You need to sell them yourself, and know how to sell and close the product. Be able to take feedback during the process, adjust, and improve.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      How do you deal with rejection?
      Pitch me zenefits/sell to me Zenefits?
      How much do you know about this company?
      Walk Me Through a Sale You Closed?
      What was your average quota attainment?
      How did you rank among your employees on average quota attainment?
      How Do You Organize Your Day?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I wasn't actively looking for a new job but someone from the Talent team reached out to me via LinkedIn so I took a phone call. He invited me to come onsite so I came in for an interview and did well. I interviewed with a girl on my team and she commented on how all my answers just hit the nail on the hammer. Before I left, he enthusiastically asked when I could start. I was excited for his enthusiasm but asked if I could meet a few more people from the team before making a decision. I provided my availability and never heard back from him. I followed up three times and was ghosted. I can say that I hope Zenefits will work on a better candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you stay on top of your tasks and organize yourself?   1 Answer

May 6, 2019 – People Representative

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we take it seriously and will use this to improve on our candidate experience moving forward!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

It was awesome, everyone that I interviewed with seemed nice and welcoming.Someone showed me around the office to get a good feel of what the work environment was like.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strength and weaknesses as a recruiter   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits in July 2018.

Interview

- 1st phone interview:1h general algorithm problem with manager
    - 2nd phone interview: 1h technical interview including mobile skill and one algorithm problem
    Received phone call from HR said I was doing well and would bring me to onsite interview. But next day, HR called me said they may need more senior guy...
    I totally understand that a startup company needs senior level engineer. But to an interviewee, it is not a good experience........

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

The hiring manager really expected me to understand how the company and the software worked. The website honestly did not have much information regarding how the software worked. He expected me to have many questions for him.

Interview Questions

• What did you know about the company?   2 Answers

Product Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview with an external recruiting firm followed by onsite interview. External recruiter tried to sell me on Zenefits management. I should have guessed better and walked away. During the onsite interview, lunch never arrived and I had to constantly follow up with each interviewer. Most of the interviewers were quite polite and nice but the last one with the hiring manager was horrible. He was arrogant, condescending, rude, egotistic, and self-absorbed. Zenefits executive management needs to do a better job at filtering out who they hire as their senior leaders.

Interview Questions

• You think Zenefits failed initially because of HIPAA compliance? (said in a sarcastic tone)   2 Answers

Jul 2, 2018 – CPO

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience. While we would like to follow up with this hiring manager to address this issue, we haven't hired for this role anytime in the past year, so I am unsure of when you interviewed with us. Regardless, our apologies for your negative experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a call with the recruiter to learn about the company and then two technical phone interviews over google hangout. nothing to study for, just coding exercises and a bit about personal experience. very smart engineers, and very cool to collaborate with. next was long onsite interview..it lasted about 5 hours. variety of different questions with various people from engineering team. challenging, but thorough, end of interview meet with hiring manager. cool office space, big open lay out and good food and really smart employees.

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had several phone calls with the company representative. The schedule and response times left a lot to be desired. One session I called and it seemed like the representative didn't know we had a meeting scheduled. I needed to remind the person where we left off. When we did connect things went well and the person was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate.

I was moved forward and they pdated me that they'd be chatting with the hiring manager and would get back to me. They never did. Not even a courtesy email after several followups. That's completely unprofessional and disrespectful, especially for an HR company.

Interview Questions

Zenefits Response

May 7, 2018 – Marketing & Communications

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we apologize for the hiccup with your interview experience. We are reviewing our internal processes and working to ensure that this does not happen again.