Zenefits Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 395 of over 395 interviews

Employee Referral20%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Zenefits

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

After applying for the job more than a month before, I received an email from a recruiter. That should have been the first red flag. I agreed and did an interview with the recruiter and was immediately moved to the 2nd round with the hiring managers for a few days afterwards. The meeting with the direct supervisor was a lot but his personality wasn’t. He was so monotone, not enthusiastic, but made it clear overtime was expected and it’s a organizational mess right now that needs cleaning up. The 2nd part of that interview with the department director seems to go well. She told me I would hear something in 1-2 days, It’s been 2 weeks and I’ve heard nothing. So I will assume I no offer is extended and that’s ok. The courtesy would be a proper decline. If someone takes time from their busy day to apply and interview for your organization, the least you can do is communicate all decisions whether good or bad.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had an upset customer.
    1 Answer

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zenefits in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview was easy to set up and they were accommodating of my schedule. I thought the interview went well until the person interviewing me started messaging people towards the end of it. I was informed that there is a total of 4 interviews and 1 technical assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

236.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Zenefits~820238
Join the conversation on

Zenefits

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

I completed one phone call and 2 video interviews. I was then asked for references and learned an acquisition took place and they were no longer seeking outside candidates and were looking inside. Complete waste of my time. Company does not value applicants time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits in Feb 2022

Interview

Too "in-depth" of an interview process for this type of role. Four interviews and an assignment before advancing to a hiring manager seems a bit "much" for a non-decision-making / non-supervisory role. Was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone screen, given a case study homework assignment. I had another 3 separate interviews with peers on the team each about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were case study questions and behavioral-based. HR is not black/white so there are multiple right answers, but you'd need to provide the best.

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter who set up an interview. Everything to this point went well. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour, I was greeted by the interviewer. The conversation was very stilted. He seemed as though he had other places to be and the last thing he wanted to do was interview me. He kept his replies curt and unconversational. Despite this, I tried to continue the conversation and keep it light. However, after a high-level question about my resume, the interview was cut short by almost 45 minutes. He didn't ask any follow-up questions about the work I've done or the skills I have. He didn't seem to care. He did ask if I had any questions about the company. I had a few, but his answers were very brief and uninformative, as though asking the question were something he needed to check off a list. Even if he thought I wasn't a good fit (which he couldn't have known - we'd barely spoken), ending an interview abruptly like this is not the way to treat prospective talent. The interview concluded with no next steps given and a very puzzled interviewee. I do not recommend applying here.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits in Jan 2022

Interview

A call with a designer, a design challenge for a senior that you won't discuss afterwards, a call with a PM and designers who tried to understand a business they have never worked for omitting talking design.

Interview Questions
  • What is the problem you tried to solve? How did you prioritize goals?

Zenefits

Application

I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

3 rounds were there . First round was technical, second technical+hr , third pure hr. Overall was of average difficulty. Interview process was outstanding and overall a great experience. I being from a non cs profile am grateful for this opportunity

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zenefits

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

Did not like the sales team. They were rude, cold, demeaning, arrogant, and all had insurance sales backgrounds instead of SaaS backgrounds for some reason. Really weird interview process that felt impersonal and like and interrogation instead of a conversation. Anyway, not a company you’d want to work for due to the strange people and lousy product.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits (Atlanta, GA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Over zoom, I spoke with 2 people who I would report to. The process took several weeks, but in the end, I received an offer. It wasn't complicated or unclear, just took a while.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, TX

Application

I interviewed at Zenefits (Saginaw, TX)

Interview

3 interviews, fairly simple. Standard “explain how your handle” and display some of your successes in previous roles. Nothing out of the ordinary. I personally brought my portfolio to showcase some projects I had worked and been part of with my insurance brokerage company.

Interview Questions
  • What drives a team to do their best.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 395 Interviews

Zenefits Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Zenefits as 43.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.81 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Associate Benefits Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Implementation Manager and Sales Development Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Zenefits takes an average of 14 days when considering 378 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Implementation Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Associate Benefits Advisor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 13 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Zenefits according to 378 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 39.35%