Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.2

Entry Level Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA).

Interview

Natural and Easy going, took 2 days to get an interview but did not as anything about my previous work experience. Said they would get back to me that day in which they did. They are not very clear on what the position is exactly. I got asked back for a second interview but I declined once I researched the company/position more.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Ellicott City, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Great atmosphere. Felt welcome the moment I walked through the door. As I was waiting, the receptionist kept asking me questions and engaged in conversation until I was ready to interview. The interview itself was a preliminary, so I am waiting to hear back. But Mark was great. He made me feel appreciated and valued and told me everything I wanted to know about the company.

Juniors Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview seemed a bit informal to me. It seemed like my hobbies were more important than my past work experience. The second interview was down at a coffee shop and the person who interviews you drives you there. This is to make sure you cannot leave and hear what they have to say with pressure. So you cannot really leave since your car is back at the company's garage. It seemed like a scam and the interviewer mentioned to good to be true things like becoming a manager within a year or 2 years and earning 6 digit figures by then. I had the third interview right away where the district of solutions manager interviewed me with 3 small questions. It was too brief and she said she trusts the interviewer's judgment on whether to hire me or not. Every time I went in for an interview there were at least 6 to 8 people waiting to be interviewed meaning they have a high turnover rate. They also play upbeat songs in the lobby and advertised how much they had fun every Thursday night on social media which seems very unprofessional to me.

After offering me a position about 4 hours later after my third interview I looked up reviews on Glassdoor where a previous employee said that Zerin is a door-to-door sales company for T-mobile. In addition, sometimes people did not get paid some days and even had to work when there was bad weather or ill. None of this was mentioned in the interviews.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was not good with 4 different rounds
    phone round.
    Personal round
    and other 2 round
    with manager people

"Like you actually walk door to door regardless of weather
    "Zerin does door to door sales for T-Mobile and Verizon Fios, and pays their employees honestly if the commission the employees earn"

Interview Questions

• Whats your future goal for 5 years   1 Answer

Assistant Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

1st I had a brief phone interview during which I was invited for an in-person interview. When I arrived at the company, the reception area looked very uninviting and unkempt. The TV was on a trashy Soap opera and the volume was extremely loud. The subject matter of the show was very inappropriate for a business lobby setting. Once the actual interview started, two of us were asked in at once. The young man asked very basic questions from a script, made a few notes and dismissed us. I honestly believe this company is a front for a very different type of business.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? Full time or part time? Do you think you can be a trainer for new sales associates.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in March 2017.

Interview

I was very quickly brought in for one interview, to "match a face to a name" and then I was told to come in bright and early the next day for a more comprehensive interview.
    I got there for interview round two at the same time as several other applicants, and I was soon assigned to an employee to have a "casual talk" and "get to know each other and the company". This employee took me out of the office for coffee in their personal vehicle, ostensibly to have a friendly chat but in reality I think it was a way to create a captive audience. Now that I was trapped in a coffee shop with the employee, they started working me over with the flashy sales plan that they kept insisting was "not really sales, just helping people, just having honest conversations with them." Honest conversations sound nice, but remember that this "friendly conversation" was taking place at a coffee shop that I could only leave by getting back into the car with this person. There was a lot of social pressure put on me to remain there and keep listening to the pitch, even though I knew it was nothing I wanted.
    I applied for the position of "Assistant General Manager Trainee", but I was interviewing for "door to door salesman" because it seems that is the only job they are hiring for. They list a LOT of openings on various job sites, like "Sales Team Leader" and "Training Management Opportunity", but I suspect they all lead to this one job. The reason being that this is a multi-level marketing scheme, where the way to advance to the higher paying positions lies in, and I quote "training four other people to be more successful than you". To get ahead you have to recruit four people that achieve more than you, and for them to achieve more than you that means THEY need to recruit 4 more people that are more successful than THEM, etc. This is sold to you as a plus, like it's a good thing to have this kind of super competitive behavior in the office to push you further. It's actually a predatory structure that is built to take advantage of desperate and naiive workers who think that THEY can rise up the ranks where others have failed.
    In short, I think this sort of thing should be illegal, tread carefully.

Interview Questions

• How would you rank these three things in terms of importance to you: Money, Culture, and Opportunity?   1 Answer

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview, and retracted my application after researching the company and preparing for the interview. If one reads the company website, it is unclear what they do. When scheduling the interview, I asked for specifics, and was given vague responses on everything from expectations and pay. If one compares the company job postings with any other reputable marketing firm in DC area (e.g. Booz Allen Hamilton), it's a stark contrast. Zerin does not post required experience or qualifications. Every marketing firm I could find lists 'BA/BS preferred'. I have a BA, a masters, and I am working on a PhD. However, these degrees are entirely in the humanities. While I certainly have proficiency in excel (another prerequisite that Zerin doesn't list), but I became suspicious that I would be pursued so passionately because I have no business, finance, or accounting degree, background, or experience. I was told that this wasn't necessary as internal training would provide necessary information. It seemed odd, but I accepted the idea...until I began to see on multiple sites (Glassdoor, ZipRecruiter, and simply random reviews from google searches) that Zerin was actually offering a position that was door to door sales. I have not seen a single positive review that doesn't seem or state that it was written by an employee. The most disturbing trend I began to notice was not only that the job was commission based and sales but also that a disconcerting number of people posted that the commission is not even given to the "executive," and if one looks through reviews on several sites there is a consistent theme: one is expected to work at least 12 hours per day, told they could become management, and had serious issues getting paid for their work. More than 5 posts I saw said "expected to go door to door regardless of weather."

If you read the "revamped website," carefully (I examined every page), it is 40% sappy motivational quotes - annoying but whatever, and 60% pyramid scheme. For example, read the full job post for junior executive, management and whatever the highest rank is. It lacks specifics, but is clearly communicating that "if you give 100%" (and it really sounds like a lot of this is faith that one will learn more about the company the more one is committed to an ephemeral "team") then you will get training, and move up to the next level where one gets more insight, and once you reach senior management then you are fully in touch with the business and the business world. That description sounds close enough to a promotion and business model that it's almost convincing; except if you read other posts from different companies. All of them are up front with expectations, pay, and experience. Post after post said that they interviewed because they thought Zerin was an opportunity (it is "executive"), only to find themselves doing door to door sales. Even if that's the only shady thing here, it's really really shady that it's a consistent theme...it's unacceptable that they are not upfront with the job description...(disregarding the fact that their own website describes the company structure in a way that is eerily similar to Scientology - toxic environment, the longer one stays and more committed one becomes, the more enlightened and presumably wealthy you become).

...I have an island I want to sell you!

*btw, I figured out why my search for "copy editing," "education," and "tutor" all result in an offer from Zerin (also listed as "confidential company," nothing suspicious about that). If you look at the bottom of their posts, they have a paragraph list of search term keywords. Look through them - basically if you search for anything, in any field, you will get Zerin listings somewhere on the list. Do you think that Amazon marketing, Booz Allen, or any legitimate company does that? Course not, because they want people for a specific role. There's so much that is shady about this company, I notified them I was pulling my application. I would be very surprised if a company that doesn't require clearance and is still cagey about who they are wasn't also teetering on the line of legality. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 3 Round Interview process over a 2 day span. You first meet with an assistant manager and go over a personality quiz to see if it is a good fit, then a team leader, will do a 1 on 1 where you cover your resume and what are things you would bring to the table for their company and finally another Assistant Manager where they do a follow up on the second round and inform you that they will be in contact if you are accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is something not on your resume that you can tell about yourself?   1 Answer

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Mar 9, 2017

We value your feedback, thank you for taking the time to review our company!

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Three rounds interview. First round is talk with an associate manager and have a brief introduction. Second round will go through the background of the company and ask you to finish a quiz about it.

Interview Questions

• What do your like to do other than things listed on your resume?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

Interview

Took a week I applied online, next day schedule an interview, by the end of the week I got the offer. The commute from dc to Mclean, Va is very long so leave an hour in advance. Try to read up on Zerin if that is even possible.