Zions Bancorporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.7

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I had three interviews. The first felt as though it went very well, an in person interview with behavioral based questions; three weeks later I recieved a call from the recruiter to let me know that they went with an internal candidate, but they would like me to interview for another team in the same role.

The second interview was more like an informal meeting with a more senior manager who reviewed the details of the role, the footprint of the company, and asked me for my salary requirements and hours I'd like to work. There were no standard interview questions. She said that she would ultimately like to speak with the manager I'd be working for to get his thoughts, and that he may want to speak with me and a few others before making a final decision.

The third interview came two weeks later and was over the phone with the senior manager that I had previously spoke to and the manager she spoke of. He asked me to go through my background and explain my familiarity with some of the systems/programs used. His final question to me was whether I preferred to work on my own or in a team setting. I advised that I currently work on my own, very much independently, and miss a team atmosphere; the interview went cold and ended very abrublty there. Seems it wouldn't have been a good fit on either end. The denial email came exactly two weeks later.

BSA AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me saying the hiring manager wanted to do an in person interview. The interview seemed informal. We talked about my background, the position and a timeline for how their process worked. Unfortunately I was sent a rejection email fairly quick. I felt like it went well, but their blanket email lacked any real explanation on why I wasn't the right fit for the position. The position was fairly easy. It surely didn't require anything more then a high school diploma and common sense to do the job. Maybe being highly educated was a threat to them.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and a week later I had an interview with the entire department. The interview with the department was much more technical, and there were a lot of questions I didn't know the answer to. I received an offer 4-5 days after the second interview, and after some negotiation I was able to get a salary that was beneficial and motivated me to work here.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you have multiple tasks to complete at the same time?   1 Answer

Enterprise Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

They have 5 levels of pricess. 3 over phone
    1 face to face
    1 with CTO

They have strange communication protocols. You will get a call from the hiring manager that they will send an offer in 2 days. But the HR manager will tell you that they are putting it on hold for now.

The process is not matured

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicting teams and their concerns   Answer Question
    • How do you integrate a cots system which does not have interfaces, apis and service end points   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation.

Interview

The manager is great, co-workers are great! As a business team, how to fit well to team is the essence. Get phone interview twice, and on-site interview once.

Financial Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Thursday and got an email the same night to interview the following Monday. The Monday interview was a panel with 3 Region VP's. After completing that interview, I was asked to interview with the Senior Vice President on Wednesday. I got an offer the next day Thursday.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your commercial lending experience?   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate your team?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have dealing with client and employee retention?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got the phone call from HR. The HR asked me my interests and few basic questions, such as availability and interests.
    Then, the HR talk with me to negotiate a phone interview with Hiring Manager. Few hours later, I received a confirmation email for the next phone interview.
    Few days later, I had the phone interview with the Manager.

Interview Questions

• Just walking through Resume, and some basic job related questions.   Answer Question

Commercial Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online, about a week later received a request for an assessment test assessment test. About a month later I received call from recruiter to schedule interview. I met with 2 managers, I thought the interview went really well, as they seemed to give me really good feedback on my responses during the interview. I received a call from the recruiter about 3 days after my interview requesting references.... then nothing. They never called any of my references and I received a rejection email about another month later. To be honest I felt a little misled. I know nothing is set in stone until you receive an official offer but I was definitely confused as to why they called back asking for references if they weren't actually interested. Any time I've ever been asked for references after an interview I've gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions such as describing difficult situations you've dealt with in the work place, how you feel about doing over time, strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Small Business Loan Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Came in and did two interviews, very casual were one on one. They asked a lot of questions about your resume so be ready to go into detail on it. They also had a list of scenarios that they ask you to answer.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

The Talent Aquisition Manager explained the position to me. She asked if I was interviewing with anyone else. She didn't really ask a lot about my skill set or knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Who else are you interviewing with?   1 Answer