Zions Bancorporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zions Bancorporation

2.6

Commercial Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylorsville, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Taylorsville, UT) in January 2019.

Interview

The regional president, supervisor, and person from HR were present. We met in the conference room and started a conversation. The interview lasted for fifty minutes and was very organic.

Interview Questions

• Why this job? How do you deal with conflict? Where do you see yourself in five years? How do you decide your ethics?   Answer Question

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2011.

Interview

Pre-Screening Phone Interview. Initial in person interview with 8 people, both in person an via video conference. Final interview with 3 managers from other departments.

Interview Questions

• There was a contract test to start the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

DIscussions with the HR recruiter. Were willing to work a little.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and a week later I had an interview with the entire department. The interview with the department was much more technical, and there were a lot of questions I didn't know the answer to. I received an offer 4-5 days after the second interview, and after some negotiation I was able to get a salary that was beneficial and motivated me to work here.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where you have multiple tasks to complete at the same time?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Just a phone interview asking basic questions. After that I heard back within 2 weeks with an offer. After an offer was accepted I did have to get a urine sample and fingerprints completed.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with two employees in the group. They were looking mostly for a personality fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing really to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application, was then contacted by a University Recruiter. After talking with the recruiter a personal interview was set up with 1st level managers. After having a panel interview had a phone interview. After phone interview was made an offer by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• One time when I had to fix something that I did wrong, what was it and how did i fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Strait forward take it or leave it type of offer.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application. Then I did a brief phone interview with someone in HR and they set up an interview with the Audit Manager I would work under. I did a phone interview with the Audit Manager and then I was asked to come to the office and I did a brief interview with the Audit Manager and the CAE.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and why I was interested in internal audit.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

I applied online within a few weeks I got an email to set up a phone interview. Heard back within a couple weeks. After I accepted the offer you hear from the person in charge of interns who starts getting you set up.

MBA Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2009.

Interview

My 1st interview was at the career center of my school. I met with an HR rep and a high level person in finance. The HR interview was standard; the finance interview got somewhat technical - moreso than I expected. This was during the credit crisis and Zions problems weren't well known just yet. They asked a lot about fixed income and risk analysis.

After that, I was 1 of 12 MBA students invited to SLC for 2nd round. We met around noon at their HQ office and after introductions, some lunch and a short Q&A, we were split into two or three groups and shuffled off into separate rooms. Each group was given an hour or so to analyze a case while 3-4 Zions execs watched and took notes. Later that evening, there was a dinner/reception with mgmt where we got to mingle and socialize. The next morning I had 1 on 1 interviews with 4 execs that were chosen by them from a pool of 12 or more that did all the interviewing. I met with a sales guy and HR guy as well as finance and operations. They specifically mixed up the specialties. These were more "fit" type interviews than technical ones. We finished by noon.

Overall, it was pretty standard fare for MBA recruiting. I liked the fact that they gave us their decision within a relatively short time frame, a couple weeks at best, so there wasn't much agonizing. One thing I didn't like was that they originally told us that they were looking to fill maybe 5-6 positions. I dont know how many offers were made, but I talked to several people in the group and only one I talked to got an offer. In the end, I know for sure that 2 people were hired and there maybe was a third. So out of 12, they maybe made 4 offers and got 2-3 acceptances.

Interview Questions

• The stastical theory behind yield curves, duration, negative convexity and other risk related items.   Answer Question

MBA Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2010.

Interview

Interviewed on site in their Salt Lake Headquarters. Interviewed with two managers, from different departments. Basic behavioral questions. They also wanted to know what kind of positions I would be interested in, since it was a rotational program. Pretty laid back. One of the interviewers didn't seem very prepared, just kind of talk about the program and went through my resume. Both very likable and made the interview comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Just basic behavioral questions. Some that were a little bit different for me: What are your greatest accomplishments? What have been your favorite classes in school?   Answer Question